Game Discussion: FUEL

Corrupted Save >:-|

• BLYASTBLYAST1,179,920
    Posted on 12 June 09 at 05:32, Edited on 12 June 09 at 08:52 by BLYAST
    With 130 challenges completed, all cars bought, and all career races finished on Legend, my game data corrupted.

As I finished a race my Xbox 360 froze as it was autosaving. I then turned it back on and clicked load game data. When I did this it acted like I was doing a new game as my autosave file had been corrupted, and then it instantly saved over my previous corrupted save thinking I had never played before. I snapped the disk in half within seconds after it happened.

I really loved this game, had fun with it, and was on track to be amongst the first in the world to complete it entirely, but got DENIED by BS.

I have to say I loathe the very mention of this game now, especially since I am a semi-completionist.

Just thought I'd let you guys know here as a warning that this can happen very easily. The game desperately needs a manual save system as opposed to ONE ongoing autosave file.
    -|TA Clan|- I take the "the" out of PSYCHOTHERAPIST
  • Ashen SeraphAshen Seraph1,127,582
    Posted on 12 June 09 at 05:51
    No trading it in now.
    TA Clan - Can you really decide to be indecisive?
  • Posted on 12 June 09 at 11:25
    I feel your pain, I had the same happen to me once with Banjo N&B. Games always used to have multiple save slots, why not anymore? Can't be that difficult to implement into a game surely? Makes me nervous to play FUEL now...
  • Posted on 12 June 09 at 18:47, Edited on 12 June 09 at 18:51 by Dexter Skelter
    I'm very sorry NightStalker666. I feel your pain, that happens to me with Assassin's Creed at 80% of completion angry. Autosave and only one slot, This is the most big Sh@%!!!! Now i am afraid to play too, i played 25 hours on FUEL and I am far from having finished!

Yesterday i bought a memory card on the web,I'm waiting for it. I think it's possible to create a backup of the saving files on the official microsoft memory card. My idea is to create a backup once per day. It's better to lose one ''gaming" day instead of the whole game.
  • Posted on 18 June 09 at 20:02
    Today, i finally received my memory card. I'm happy, that works perfectly. Now i can continue with FUEL... Mind free... sleep
  • BLYASTBLYAST1,179,920
    Posted on 19 June 09 at 09:54
    Good luck!

I just bought one as well. Though I have no use for it at the moment, I'm sure it will come in handy one day.
    -|TA Clan|- I take the "the" out of PSYCHOTHERAPIST
  • Posted on 18 July 09 at 02:59
    .... ouch. same happen to me on gears of war 2. i only needed 5 more collectibles and was on the last chapter... AND BAMMM!!!! the unbelievable happened... i cryed.. but i did it all over...
  • rocky1bombrocky1bomb468,820
    Posted on 06 March 13 at 14:30
    I'll be sure to back mine up every so often then.
  • Ox1893Ox1893133,542
    Posted on 18 February 24 at 16:53
    Haha! Best make sure I back mine up then.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads