Game Discussion: Lost Planet 2 Forum

Leaderboards are filled with cheats

AuthorMessage
BruteForce911
332,285
BruteForce911
Posted on 24 May 10 at 21:37
Im sorry but I've taken a look at a couple of the times on the training missions and a couple of them are absolute bollocks. Take for example Advanced 1-3 I mean come on, 17 seconds?!? I started my own up and I only had the first 4 dummies when it went past that mark. I sent the guy with the time a question about it yet to my surprise(sarcasm) he never replied. Capcom really needs to reset these leaderboards otherwise me and others are never going to get the nom de guerres because of these bastards. Rant over >=[
PierciT
74,369
PierciT
Posted on 25 May 10 at 05:40
What do you mean... Is there nom de guerre to catch in training if you beat the records???
BruteForce911
332,285
BruteForce911
Posted on 25 May 10 at 06:37
No its to do with the leaderboards. One is TOP TEN and the other is NUMBER 1 which require being in the top ten and being first in one of the leaderboards. This achievement I think is impossible right now due to these cheats.
Geo2911 xBBx
161,629
Geo2911 xBBx
Posted on 25 May 10 at 08:24
You are right, some of the leaderboards are being taken over by cheats, but not all of them. The question is would you have been able to beat the best legit times anyway?
If Carlsberg made gamers...
BruteForce911
332,285
BruteForce911
Posted on 25 May 10 at 15:30, Edited on 25 May 10 at 19:44 by Beanpotter
Yes I've been close a number of them(Ranked 40 on 5-2, 1-2 for me is 32 seconds when world record is 30 seconds) so yes I've been extremely close to a couple of them. Im going to attempt 1-2 again because Im extremely close now and hopefully Ill get it.

By the way has the Amor Manda guy been banned yet for gamesaving? He's on the LP2 leaderboard for completeing it when you can clearly see he has gamesaved it <.<
drabik
333,721
drabik
Posted on 25 May 10 at 17:41
XxBruteForce1xX said:
By the way has the Amor Manda guy been banned yet for gamesaving? He's on the LP2 leaderboard for completeing it when you can clearly see he has gamesaved it <.<
Hey. I don't have LP2, but found this thread interesting. Have a look at that "guy's" homepage. They gamesaved a ridiculous amount of games, stupidly. Why would you join a site like this if you are going to cheat so obviously?
BruteForce911
332,285
BruteForce911
Posted on 25 May 10 at 20:03
I know seriously. She's the only girl to have "finished" LP2 and yes I tried to file a report on her but one has already been filed. Ban her already TA
Geo2911 xBBx
161,629
Geo2911 xBBx
Posted on 27 May 10 at 00:33
XxBruteForce1xX said:
Yes I've been close a number of them(Ranked 40 on 5-2, 1-2 for me is 32 seconds when world record is 30 seconds) so yes I've been extremely close to a couple of them. Im going to attempt 1-2 again because Im extremely close now and hopefully Ill get it.

By the way has the Amor Manda guy been banned yet for gamesaving? He's on the LP2 leaderboard for completeing it when you can clearly see he has gamesaved it <.<
The two training missions you have mentioned are two of the hardest times out there to beat, I'm sorry to say this but I find it highly unlikely that you would be able to reach number 1 on either of those, as the top times are all within milliseconds of each other and require huge amounts of luck as to the layout the targets appear in, so no matter how skilled you are, you'll still need an insane amount of luck.
If Carlsberg made gamers...
BruteForce911
332,285
BruteForce911
Posted on 27 May 10 at 06:32
Well you try the 17 second one and lets see how fair you find it, The guy with that time is obviously not using "luck" to earn him that time because its physically impossible. Oh and what do you mean Its unlikely for me to earn Number 1 on those Missions? If the layout is on my side Ill most likely earn it but of course it'll take time. Not everything is impossible. Except for that 17 second time which was haxx XD
Geo2911 xBBx
161,629
Geo2911 xBBx
Posted on 27 May 10 at 08:46, Edited on 27 May 10 at 08:48 by Geo2911 xBBx
XxBruteForce1xX said:
Well you try the 17 second one and lets see how fair you find it, The guy with that time is obviously not using "luck" to earn him that time because its physically impossible. Oh and what do you mean Its unlikely for me to earn Number 1 on those Missions? If the layout is on my side Ill most likely earn it but of course it'll take time. Not everything is impossible. Except for that 17 second time which was haxx XD
I have tried the 17 second mission before and know that the top two times on that mission are definately cheaters, my time on it was around 27.3 and this was before anyone started cheating. On the other mission, my time was around 30.8.

I got No1 a couple of days ago on Mission 5-1 and I was simply saying that the missions that you are attempting to get No1 in are much harder to get NO1 in, than a number of other missions.

Those missions are the ones that almost everyone can get quite good times on and so you've also got a greater amount of competition.
If Carlsberg made gamers...
BruteForce911
332,285
BruteForce911
Posted on 27 May 10 at 14:52
So what would you suggest is the best mission to get Number 1 on?
McGubbalo
252,539
McGubbalo
Posted on 12 July 10 at 10:22
The problem with this game and its leaderboard based achievements, besides the obvious cheaters and hackers, is that world record scores are supposed to go UP. A record can always be beaten as long as the challenge is to stay alive and score the most points. Unfortunately, ALL 50 training challenges have clocks that count DOWN (or at least the lowest time is the best), therefor making it nearly impossible to break any records, even if they are legit at this point. It's not an achievement if each person who earns it has to do MORE than the previous person, we should ALL be able to do the SAME THING to get the SAME ACHIEVEMENT. Maybe instead of HACKED leaderboard times, they should have created a PLATINUM time, forcing us to get all Gold and one Platinum. That would be FAIR. CAPCOM has really dropped the ball on this one, but I guess they do that quite often.

I understand rewarding gamers who bought your game on release day, but this is more like punishing everybody else. It's not like I bought the game used and you wanna charge me $10 to play (a la EA Sports), this is just MEAN!!!!

THIS IS MY LAST CAPCOM GAME!!!!
Dams Profile
387,223
Dams Profile
Posted on 20 October 10 at 18:58
I'm like XxBruteForce1xX I tried during a lot of time to success on 2-5 (adv.) and 1-2 but it's insane ! I read that try the ratio for leaderboard multiplayer could be done but I'm very disappointed ! I max out all my Capcom game (SFIV/SSFIV/LP/DR/DR2...) and I can't reach this one ! It's frustrating !!

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 21 June 14 at 05:13, Edited on 26 February 16 at 15:35 by
It's interesting people were complaining about the times, then.

It's heavily a function of natural ability and effort.
Your reality is arbitrary.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 21 June 14 at 05:18
BruteForce911 said:
Not everything is impossible. Except for that 17 second time which was haxx XD
No, it wasn't. There are only two 'boards at least that are "hacked" (insurmountable). That isn't one of them.
Your reality is arbitrary.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 14 August 14 at 08:57
Any easy ones?
Chizzy
618,997
Chizzy
Posted on 15 August 14 at 16:16
SandHawkTime said:Any easy ones?Not anymore lmao
WAFFLETRAIN7997
Posted on 19 August 14 at 02:03
If the 17 second one is impossible how did i get 15 seconds on it?
NUMBER 1 FOR DAT RATIO
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 19 August 14 at 17:46
It's bad that some times are obviously hacked. The best thing Capcom should do is just to remove the hacked ones, not reset the entire leaderboards. You'd soon have some one person or a group taking the opportunity just to block all the leaderboards.

It's been a while since I got my number one. I think it was on Adv 3-1. It took me around 5-6 hours straight of none stop practice to nail the record. I KNEW I could do it, I just need my execution to be flawless at everysingle point it possibly could be! I checked back a few days later before I traded the game in and I think it had been knocked down to third.

What's the status of 3-1 now?
Twitter: @TA_Treezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 19 August 14 at 18:47
Dat Boi Treezy said:It's bad that some times are obviously hacked. The best thing Capcom should do is just to remove the hacked ones, not reset the entire leaderboards. You'd soon have some one person or a group taking the opportunity just to block all the leaderboards.

It's been a while since I got my number one. I think it was on Adv 3-1. It took me around 5-6 hours straight of none stop practice to nail the record. I KNEW I could do it, I just need my execution to be flawless at everysingle point it possibly could be! I checked back a few days later before I traded the game in and I think it had been knocked down to third.

What's the status of 3-1 now?
You're now currently 18th on that leaderboard, your time was 00'47"612, which the world record now is at 00'45"064.

toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.