Game Discussion: Lost Planet 2 Forum

Leaderboards are filled with cheats

AuthorMessage
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 19 August 14 at 20:51
Good lord shock

Understandably I thought at the time it was untouchable! Now I thought it would've still at least been in the top ten!
Twitter: @TA_Treezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 21 August 14 at 05:39
Dat Boi Treezy said:Good lord shock

Understandably I thought at the time it was untouchable! Now I thought it would've still at least been in the top ten!
You wouldn't mind telling me what you did to get that time?
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 21 August 14 at 17:45
Nothing special. Practiced relentlessly until I beat the world record at the time. I did nothing but play the map over and over from around midnight through till around 5-6am-ish. The main thing that kept screwing me over was the quick landing from using the grapple hook. I really had to master the art of grappling to a higher ledge, and then timing it perfectly to release the grapple so that my character would land straight on his feet rather than hitting the vertical side of the ledge, and then jumping into the air to land on the ledge.

I also had to time it right to hit the data point with the grapple as well and again let go at the right time to land within the radius of the post to begin activating it. After these two techniques were as mastered as can be, it was just a case of putting it all together for the perfect (enough) run!

Literally EVERYTHING matters now. Down to the when, where you grapple, how far you land from releasing the grapple, how much of the grapple you use to save the distance running towards a post, etc. Every goddamn millisecond counts!
Twitter: @TA_Treezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.