Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden NFL 13 Receiving Many Tweaks with Patch #3

• Posted on 04 October 12 at 14:24
    Revamping the gameplan

The NFL season is long, grueling, and unforgiving. For a team to stay among the elite, it has to constantly be working to get better, to capitalize on the other team's mistakes and correct their own, or else they could fall behind (see: New York Jets). The Madden team at Tiburon and EA promised a lot of post-release support, and so far, they've brought their A-game. Title update #3 is in the works and if you hot route your eyes to the wall of text below, you'll see the lengthy list of fixes.

Feature Additions:

Custom Rosters Offline: Added the ability to start an offline career with a custom roster.

Connected Careers Edit Player: Added the ability to edit gear and information for players in a league.

Coach Mode in Connected Careers: Added the ability to use coach mode in Connected Careers.

Changing Schemes in Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach.

Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.

Draft Clock: Added a draft clock during the draft that is displayed on screen if you leave the draft interface to view rosters, depth charts, etc.

Draft Filter: Added a filter to the draft screen to display players that have been drafted.

Connected Careers Practice XP: Added the ability for user controlled players to earn extra XP in practice mode through the stats they accumulate.

Tuning/Fixes:

Gameplay Tuning:

- Fixed an issue where WRs were dropping too many passes when playing on All Madden difficulty setting.

- Fixed an issue where it was too easy to time the kick meter on FGs and PATs in user vs. user games.

- Fixed an issue where punt returners were moving away from the landing spot if you called a fair catch while letting the CPU control the player.

- Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.

Commentary:

- Added over a dozen logic fixes to make our commentary more intelligent.

Presentation:

- Fixed an issue where specific offensive player celebrations were not triggering.

- Fixed an issue where the referee was backwards when calling a penalty.

- Fixed an issue with the Giants away uniforms (missing a sleeve stripe).

Connected Careers:

- Fixed an issue where Offline Gameplay AI/Logic did not match the logic in Play Now.

- Fixed an issue where playing the game on All-Madden is too easy.

- Fixed an issue where changing the camera setting in CCM game works for single player.

- Fixed an issue where League Sliders had limited impact on difficulty.

- Fixed an issue where the Accelerated Clock did not function in an online CCM game when the option was set to On.

- Fixed an issue where you could not turn on/off GameFlow in CCM.

- Fixed an issue where you were unable to sign Free Agents during the season.

- Fixed an issue where 'Starting a League' would reset Player Schemes.

- Fixed an issue where after declining a trade offer, you are no longer able to accept or decline another offer.

- Fixed an issue where you could exploit supersim to run the game clock indefinitely.

- Fixed some spelling and polish issues in the News and Twitter.

- Fixed an issue where a coach could make a contract offer to a user controlled player.

- Fixed an issue where you are forced to select a throwing style for a created player that is not a QB.

- Fixed an issue where turning Auto-Start to off does not save week to week.

- Fixed an issue where you can see rookie overall ratings by accessing the player card of the prospect through Team Needs.

- Fixed an issue where changing Auto-Sub Frequency does not change the correct data.

- Fixed an issue where the profanity filter was preventing offline players from typing in their names.

- Fixed an issue where you can draft a player and then trade down while the draft is paused. The issue resulted in the user keeping both the traded picks and drafted player.

Stability:

- Fixed numerous crashes.

- Fixed an issue with the in-game pause menu disappearing.

Madden Ultimate Team:

- Changed the Packs button to Store Button.

- Condensed Leaderboards and Help menus.

- Implemented the ability to view videos from the hub.

- Implemented Store Panel Changes.

- Moved Auctions/Trades to a separate menu option.

- Fixed several Solo Challenge exploits

Playbooks:

- Fixed an issue where the Hail Mary formation in a custom playbook had a blank play that resulted in a broken formation and invisible players if selected.
    The patch will go live "around October 16th". If you don't want to resume playing until these fixes take effect, you could always set your fantasy lineups or maybe send some more lopsided trades to others in your league.

Credit goes to OneEighth for this story
  • Posted on 04 October 12 at 14:37
    Wow.They're really working on improving this. I am enjoying the game though.
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 October 12 at 14:49
    its funny there already on the third patch I told my 2 friends not 2 buy this game and did they listen no I played it for like 3 hours had a match online and never wanted 2 play it again its such a broken game
  • WikiLECTUALWikiLECTUAL288,265
    Posted on 04 October 12 at 14:50
    Awesome this fixes my only complaint, coop in cc
  • Bob101910Bob101910968,864
    Posted on 04 October 12 at 15:32
    Best Madden ever. Hope they keep the updates coming. Commentary is the only thing I absolutely hate about this game. If you play 2 games in a row (or 15 in my case), be prepared to listen to the same commentary.

Wonder how kicking is going to change. Faster meter? Or do they mean too easy for the defense to time it? Think it would be interesting if the meter went faster/slower depending on who the kicker is.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 October 12 at 15:42
    It's the same as Madden [Insert year here.]
    Anonymity breeds Stupidity.
  • Posted on 04 October 12 at 16:12
    I like all the CC fixes. Now we just need a transactions page and a way to see what draft picks you have after the trading deadline is over.
  • Posted on 04 October 12 at 16:15
    Epic KxLIVE said:
    Yeah by looking at your card you can say that, considering you've only played 09 and only got 9 achievements. If you don't like a series, don't comment because it makes you look like a dick.
  • PRELUDEcrisPRELUDEcris221,978
    Posted on 04 October 12 at 16:20
    ^^^ hahaha, i dont care about this game but my brother has all the series he likes em, and im sure other people do, i just dont care for sports games unless theyre racing or back in 06 when there was only 5 easy achievements for 1000 gamerscore lol laugh
  • Achilles337Achilles3371,226,884
    Posted on 04 October 12 at 16:42
    ran across the WRs dropping EVERY SINGLE PASS on All Madden difficulty for some of the solo challenges and it has resulted in me quitting the game entirely. Guess I will give it another chance after the patch.
    Go LSU and SAINTS!!
  • Posted on 04 October 12 at 17:12
    Achilles337 said:
    ran across the WRs dropping EVERY SINGLE PASS on All Madden difficulty for some of the solo challenges and it has resulted in me quitting the game entirely. Guess I will give it another chance after the patch.
    Yes and I thought my ass was going crazy.... I damn near broke a controller after all those drop passes.. Felt like I was throwing to Dez Bryant on Monday Night Football....oops sorry about that cowboys fans.. Glad to see they are patching that up though
  • BritenBriten267,742
    Posted on 04 October 12 at 17:17
    Please fix glitchy supersim. I don't like playing defense all the time, so I supersim from time to time. At least once per game the supersim shows incorrect information. For example: 3 and 7 T. Tebow runs for 3 yards. I drop out of the menu to play the punt return and it's first down. What the heck?
  • Dark Rocky XDark Rocky X1,118,433
    Posted on 04 October 12 at 18:24
    biggerballblat said:
    Epic KxLIVE said:
    Yeah by looking at your card you can say that, considering you've only played 09 and only got 9 achievements. If you don't like a series, don't comment because it makes you look like a dick.
    Tell that last part to over 75% of the ppl on this site, cuz they all do the same thing.....
    We work in the Dark, To serve the Light. We are Assassins!!! "Insieme per la vittoria"
  • Posted on 04 October 12 at 19:22
    The Jets still suck xD
  • FNL 4EVAFNL 4EVA235,632
    Posted on 04 October 12 at 19:51
    This game still sucks... Butchered mess.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 October 12 at 20:02
    biggerballblat said:
    Epic KxLIVE said:
    :3c
    Anonymity breeds Stupidity.
  • RangerBoon36RangerBoon36229,094
    Posted on 05 October 12 at 05:00
    Absolutely love seeing people complain about this game or say it's not as good as another year. You wanted a better game with title updates and that's exactly what they're doing. Get over yourself and be happy with what you're given. Everything can't be perfect.
  • Posted on 06 October 12 at 05:08
    A lot of news there !!
  • Posted on 06 October 12 at 19:03
    Let's go Buccaneers clap
    = Tampa Bay =
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads