Game Discussion: LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy

Achievement Discussion

• Posted on 16 April 08 at 16:03Permalink
    Please post your suggestions for gaining achievements for LEGO Star Wars IIin this thread
  • Posted on 30 August 08 at 18:46Permalink
    Is this an easy 1000 game worth renting?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 August 08 at 22:02Permalink
    its a grind with too many "beat this level without dying"
  • Posted on 31 August 08 at 00:42Permalink
    I take it the "No extras" is harder then it sounds?
  • KungFuStu72KungFuStu72931,816
    Posted on 01 September 08 at 14:25, Edited on 01 September 08 at 14:25 by KungFuStu72Permalink
    Most of the game is not too hard. You have to beat every level without dying but that's fairly easy as you can use a "ghost" character that only dies if you fall off a ledge.

However, there are about 4 levels in the game where you pilot a spaceship rather than contol characters. So the ghosts are no use here. One of these levels - "Death Star II" is notoriously difficult.

All in all the game is an easy 900 point game. It does take quite a lot of repetition though, you'll end up completing each level multiple times to collect all of the packages etc.
  • Posted on 03 September 08 at 23:16Permalink
    If you do decide to rent i recommend to find a nice guide for all the items you need to get in each level (minikits, red blocks, studs) so you do not have to replay the levels a bunch of times. I've had this game for about 2 years now and i still cant get myself to finish it up, just got REALLY boring.
  • imnotGEOFFimnotGEOFF398,676
    Posted on 06 September 08 at 16:50Permalink
    get the complete saga the achieves are easier i think clap
  • Posted on 06 September 08 at 21:29Permalink
    imnotgeoff is correct the Complete Saga achievements are way easier
  • MortyDiceMortyDice161,120
    Posted on 09 December 08 at 12:46Permalink
    That's precisely why I'm asking this. I did finish Complete Saga, but thought it would be a good idea to use my knowledge to come back to this one. Me and Ihsoy76 did begin this one but I'm not getting any achievement.

In CS you just had to make first player give up and player 2 to get in a level and save and you would unlock these achievements. Did someone manage to do that in SW2?