Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Zombies!! (WP7) Gets Title Update

• MatrarchMatrarch1,382,651
    Posted on 22 September 11 at 21:39
    Clears up a somewhat glitched achievement

WPCentral has reported that Barbaroga has released an update to their WP7 title, https://www.trueachievements.com/Zombies-xbox-360.htm, which addresses multiple issues. While certainly the addition of fast-app switching support and the fixing of several minor bugs is good news, what is likely of interest to you is that the update also makes it easier to obtain the "Was it Worth it?" achievement. Be advised, however, that this is a Mango only update.

Barbaroga had also promised that asynchronous multiplayer and paid downloadable content would be arriving with a Mango update, though those have not yet arrived at this time.

Zombies!! may be purchased through the Zune Marketplace for $4.99/£3.99.

Credit goes to Musquito for this story
  • Posted on 22 September 11 at 21:55
    oh FFS are they going to start making new stuff mango only?
    ok ok i've got one....... whats the difference between jam and marmalade?
  • Posted on 22 September 11 at 22:05
    well it's good that they fixed the glitched one
  • Posted on 22 September 11 at 22:07
    When is the mango update coming?
  • Posted on 22 September 11 at 22:22
    can some one clear up what mango is? i thought it was WP7 successor, am i wrong?
  • Posted on 22 September 11 at 22:34, Edited on 22 September 11 at 22:39 by The Onyx Kid
    maiden of haste said:
    oh FFS are they going to start making new stuff mango only?
    Several of these new updates have been Mango only, looks like it's going to keep going that way.

Mango is then new Operating System for the Windows phones, since the first one was complete rubbish. I don't know much about it, since Verizon is the worst company ever and doesn't have the update yet.

And relating to the topic, the achievement really isn't glitched it's just incredibly low odds to get it. However there is an EXCELLENT guide on this very site that tells you how to get the achievement quite easily, I followed it and got it in under an hour.
    Bella Swan is a spoiled brat with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.
  • Posted on 22 September 11 at 22:34
    Mango is the code/popular name for Windows Phone 7.5, the OS upgrade for all existing WP7 devices.

The new OS has started rolling out in a few countries, and is due to be released within the next few weeks globally. You can see the rumors and confirmations of launch dates at WPCentral, where they unfortunately are not consistent with their tags:
    http://www.wpcentral.com/tags/mango%20updates or
    http://www.wpcentral.com/tags/mango%20update
  • Posted on 22 September 11 at 22:37, Edited on 22 September 11 at 22:37 by GammyGreenGiant
    so all existing WP7 owners get it free?
  • Posted on 22 September 11 at 22:42
    maiden of haste said:
    so all existing WP7 owners get it free?
    Yup. You can prep for its release by making sure you have the Zune software up to date (a new version was released last month) as it will be delivered through Zune. You also might want to have the windows system driver update for WP7 USB connections installed as well (described here: http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-update-windows-phone-7-popp... )
  • Posted on 22 September 11 at 22:51
    I'm pretty sure I already have the Mango update.
    Love seeing all the glitched achievements getting patched for the WP7.

Many more to go.
  • Posted on 23 September 11 at 01:11
    I wish they would patch some of the Games for Windows Live as well...
  • montrossitymontrossity1,932,344
    Posted on 23 September 11 at 01:15
    Yeah, Mango isn't out yet, but it will be soon. I'm looking forward to all of the fast app switching.
    Want gamerscore? I'll get you some in exchange for money sent through PayPal, or a MSP card.
  • EastXEastX492,716
    Posted on 23 September 11 at 04:30
    Thanks for sourcing us, Matrarch. :)
    -Paul Acevedo, WPCentral
  • Posted on 23 September 11 at 05:22
    I wanna know whats up with the xbox live arcade release of this game. Use to play the board games lots, really wanna play this with friends over live.
  • o Heres Jonny oo Heres Jonny o1,301,014
    Posted on 23 September 11 at 12:13
    Need this cheevo, hopefully I can get it now
  • Posted on 23 September 11 at 12:33
    Fixing glitches is always a plus
  • NJDuke007NJDuke0071,007,205
    Posted on 23 September 11 at 12:43
    AT&T claims they will push the Mango update on time, 09/27/2011 HTC Surround, LG Quantum and Samsung Focus. I read further to find out Samsung Focus has 2 existing hardware configurations.

From what I read, those using revision 1.3 should get the update on 09/27 but those with hardware revision 1.4 will have to wait until approximately 10/31/2011.

I'm glad I have the older hardware in this case but I hope I'm not missing out on much with the 1.4 updated hardware.

To find out which your Focus is, take off the battery cover, remove the battery look at the bottom right of the white barcode sticker...it should say either Rev 1.3 or Rev 1.4.
    Forrest, mama was wrong...life's like a box of achievements...never know which one you're gonna get
  • EastXEastX492,716
    Posted on 23 September 11 at 18:18
    connectmeplease said:
    I wanna know whats up with the xbox live arcade release of this game. Use to play the board games lots, really wanna play this with friends over live.
    It's still coming. Babaroga's not ready to announce a release date yet, but I think it will make it out this year.

NJDuke, I hope you're right about AT & T getting Mango to most of us in September!
    -Paul Acevedo, WPCentral
  • Posted on 23 September 11 at 19:02
    EastX said:
    connectmeplease said:
    It's still coming. Babaroga's not ready to announce a release date yet, but I think it will make it out this year.
    !
    Can I ask if you can provide a link for info? Ive been searching a bit these last few days, and all I can find is this year old article saying its still coming.

http://www.1up.com/news/zombies-board-game-live-arcade
  • EastXEastX492,716
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.