• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 April 13 at 16:21
    Great walkthrough! :)
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/n1ckKz.jpg
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 June 13 at 02:01
    A great guide. When I played this game, back in 2009, there was no guide.
    I sure could have used this guide at the time.

Could not help but notice a lot of instances of "lets" which should have been spelled as "let's". Something which should have been corrected during proofreading.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE609,978
    Posted on 12 June 13 at 08:25
    Theo Boots said:

Could not help but notice a lot of instances of "lets" which should have been spelled as "let's". Something which should have been corrected during proofreading.
    I'll edit it after work. A mistake that slipped away :)
    TrueAchievement Walkthrough Overseer - Completionist
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 June 13 at 10:16
    MCoreBE said:
    Theo Boots said:

I'll edit it after work. A mistake that slipped away :)
    Yes, it's easy for mistakes to slip away.
    Especially in this walkthrough because there are so many quotes. Quotes from the game that is.

Basically this means when even when you find a typo it might still be correct. Because it is a quote from the game.
    This is also why I only mentioned "lets" and "let's" which occurs often outside quoted lines.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE609,978
    Posted on 12 June 13 at 15:34
    Case 1
    Case 2
    Case 3
    Case 4
    Case 5

All "lets" fixed. Let me know if there is anything else
    TrueAchievement Walkthrough Overseer - Completionist
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 June 13 at 01:53, Edited on 13 June 13 at 02:17 by
    I had hoped YOU would check the guide. However since you asked I will give some more examples.

Select the victims blood from the crime scene and compare it to the blood found in the sink.
    “If you didn't kill her, why did you clean up the crime scene?”, with Powder on his shoes as evidence. “Why did you leave the phone message?”, “What about Lynn's ATM card?”, “Why would Kathy Burd would want to kill Lynn Bowder?”
    Interpunction, an "." is missing at the end.

Go to the medical database and search for Steve Tampsons medical number.
    One again to the lab.
    Now compare the fluid from the victims pill with the blood sample from the Levesque home.
    Open the door and see someone laying on the ground.
    objects lay, people lie.

Right slider – Less that a quarter up from the bottom
    Now head to DNA and compare the victims blood with the blood from the apron.
    Both "tv" and "TV" are used in the guide. My spelling checker indicates "TV" to be correct.
    (According to someone I know this means we have to re-spell the original television to TeleVision. I am considering to make a custom checklist for that person, based on abbreviation-derived wording.)
  • Posted on 02 September 14 at 14:43
    What's up with the blue font on grey background when using the dark theme? Makes this walkthrough really hard to read.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE609,978
    Posted on 03 September 14 at 10:13
    janiwesterling said:What's up with the blue font on grey background when using the dark theme? Makes this walkthrough really hard to read.This is probably a formatting bug, I'll forward this to staff.
    Walkthrough Assistant Manager - We work in the dark to serve the light - ENGORGE!
  • Eric FiltroEric Filtro520,898
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 18:15
    I just wanted to point out something. In Case 2, right before you unlock the achievement RUB IT IN, at the Main Lab, you say:

"Compare the hair from the syringe to the sample of Tina Allen's hair. Next compare the hair on the mic cord to the sample from Tina Allen's transplanted hair." By this time, you have already compared the hair from the syringe with the hair from the cord. So actually, you only need to compare one of those to the sample of Tina Allen's hair. If you do both, it will be redundant, thus lowering your Skill percentage.
  • QuickMythrilQuickMythril803,165
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 06:19
    The font color formatting issue is still a very distracting problem.
  • TheAaronLadTheAaronLad1,728,951
    Posted on 22 July 16 at 04:22
    Yeah the font formatting needs fixed i actually can't read a lick of it.
    Dark theme.
  • Posted on 31 July 16 at 16:03
    In case 3, you have the requirements and location in the time line wrong for Just for Good Measure. You don't need the divorce papers reviewed, you need to compare the ring to the photo of Steve that you get from Ernie. The text should be revised and the achievement marker should move to after:

--- Main Lab ---

Once again to the microscope. Compare the ring with the photo from Roomers. With 10x magnification, move the slider to the middle and slide the photo up so you can see the ring. Back to Brass for the last time.
    Achievement pops here.

I agree about the text color, had to switch back from the dark theme to read it.

Only other item that would have been nice was on case 1 where you are working on 100% on the stats, list the stats after the main lab sections. It gives you a little piece of mind if you can compare and know you are still on track.
  • Posted on 11 August 16 at 20:23
    I second Original Dr T, above

Great walkthrough overall, thanks!
  • rob25Xrob25X724,108
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 00:40
    Followed the guide to Case 1 exactly and 3 achievements did not pop.

Problems with 'Lab Rat', 'Master Technician' and 'Keeping up with the Hodges'. Why didn't I receive any skill score achievements as listed in the guide???
  • mattstraliamattstralia204,700
    Posted on 06 December 21 at 10:13, Edited on 06 December 21 at 10:16 by mattstralia
    In Case 3, the secret "Just for Good Measure" achievement only popped after the next section (Interrogate Ernie) and comparing the ring with the Roomers photo.

Just slide the achievement banner down one segment and it will be fine.

Thanks again for all of your hard work on this.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realise someone has pointed this out already :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.