Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Goldeneye 007: Reloaded 'Stealth' Dev Diary

• litepinklitepink302,517
    Posted on 23 September 11 at 17:57
    Can't be a secret agent if you're not sneaky

Eurocom is showing off it's "remake-of-a-remake", Goldeneye 007: Reloaded, with a developer walkthrough of the game's second level, "The Facility". The game looks to draw inspiration from the movie and the previous games. Here, James Bond (007 of course) is working alongside Alec Trevelyan (006) as they infiltrate a Russian weapons facility. Bond must be calm and calculated if he wants to make it deep inside the facilty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NVQ1Z_2WJo

The voice of Bond is done by none other than Daniel Craig, the latest actor to portray Bond on the big screen. For authenticity's sake, the original Goldeneye actor Pierce Brosnan would have been nice, but having the current 007 is no slouch either. Judy Dench reprises her role as M, making her the only actor from the original Goldeneye movie. All of the other characters are there of course, but are just portrayed by other actors. Eurocom even went as far as getting Daniel Craig's stunt double to do the motion capture work, so it's safe to say they are dedicated to making the Bond experience as authentic as possible.

Goldeneye: 007 Reloaded hits Xbox 360 this November.
  • Posted on 23 September 11 at 18:00
    today is my birthday!!! hellz ya!
  • Posted on 23 September 11 at 18:10
    Am I the only one who thinks this stealth gameplay is unimpressive after playing Deus Ex: HR?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 11 at 18:17
    yipeee !

This shall be a buy for me =D
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,315,137
    Posted on 23 September 11 at 18:20
    I'm always a fan of stealth ;).
  • Posted on 23 September 11 at 18:39
    A wealth of stealth @ a nice facility!

Game looks good, only thing missing is Pierce Brosnan.

Daniel Graig's not Goldeneye.....maybe Goldenhair?
  • Posted on 23 September 11 at 19:10, Edited on 23 September 11 at 19:11 by BARTEK 0077
    yeah,that sounds perfect! i'm one of the biggest bond fans.I've played quantum of sloace & blood stone....and i still wait for more!!!
    ''Shaken, not stirred"
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty760,532
    Posted on 23 September 11 at 19:20
    I just hope this is better than that crappy Deus Ex , I still cant be arsed to play that game after the first level. It better be because I love Bond games.
  • Posted on 23 September 11 at 20:11
    I always like stealth-based games. Have high hopes for this, and I really hope that it lives up to both the film and the original.
    Feel free to PM me about the GTA IV walkthrough, or any problems you're having with the game.
  • troyoytroyoy887,562
    Posted on 23 September 11 at 20:44
    Freaking awesome! Cant wait to get my hands on this game.
  • XG ChoZenXG ChoZen294,967
    Posted on 23 September 11 at 20:54
    Looks good, but I think I've been spoiled by Splinter Cell: Conviction's stealth/action based gameplay, that any other stealth game I've played since pales in comparison. Let's hope this breaks that trend.
    "Decide: Do you want to win or are you just (playing the game)".
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 11 at 21:05
    NawtyCawty said:
    I just hope this is better than that crappy Deus Ex , I still cant be arsed to play that game after the first level. It better be because I love Bond games.
    Err the first level's just an overblown tutorial before you get your upgrades...
  • Posted on 23 September 11 at 22:16
    It's so different.... I don't think I will be able to play it......... I could replay Facility in my head.... still can.... Good times.
    Freedom is the right of all sentient beings
  • LucienChaseLucienChase267,047
    Posted on 23 September 11 at 22:36
    Vorpal Smilodon said:
    Am I the only one who thinks this stealth gameplay is unimpressive after playing Deus Ex: HR?
    Amen, brother! They talk about choice in this game, but it's all just hollow after the scope of alternatives Deus Ex offered. "Oh wow! I can go left or right? Awesome!"
  • Posted on 23 September 11 at 22:41, Edited on 24 September 11 at 00:07 by Vorpal Smilodon
    LucienChase said:
    Amen, brother! They talk about choice in this game, but it's all just hollow after the scope of alternatives Deus Ex offered. "Oh wow! I can go left or right? Awesome!"
    The example they give in the video: You can choose to knock this guy out, shoot him, or sneak past! You even get to choose which of your weapons to shoot him with!
  • MaxForce357MaxForce357130,017
    Posted on 23 September 11 at 23:57, Edited on 23 September 11 at 23:57 by MaxForce357
    I own the Wii version. Trust me, don't buy this. Yes, I am old enough to have obsessively played the N64 original the year it came out.
    IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE! TAKE THIS. YOU GOT THE BFG9000!! OH, YES.
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin503,783
    Posted on 24 September 11 at 00:58
    Chase357 said:
    I own the Wii version. Trust me, don't buy this. Yes, I am old enough to have obsessively played the N64 original the year it came out.
    Strange i own the Wii version and i'm recommending persons to get it. To each their own
  • Posted on 24 September 11 at 03:17
    Brings back some memories they did a good job at reimagining the Facility level probably wont be a day one purchase but will demo it to see if that changes
  • J PinderJ Pinder689,986
    Posted on 24 September 11 at 06:24, Edited on 24 September 11 at 06:25 by J Pinder
    Looks great! I'm excited to check this out. I played the N64 Goldeneye a bit back in the day, but it hasn't aged well despite the music and atmosphere being classic. I don't mind that this is a new game. I like the potential. It feels kinda like a what-if situation, if Goldeneye was made with Daniel Craig's Bond.
  • Posted on 24 September 11 at 07:03
    can't wait
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.