Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Goldeneye 007: Reloaded 'Stealth' Dev Diary

• Posted on 24 September 11 at 15:11
    i still wish theyd just remastered the graphics and given you all those ridiculous cheats from the old one as play options then polished it off and made it an arcade game... wouldve sold way more and the online community wouldve been ridiculous... luckily i still have my n64... though alternating back to a one joystick controller is so tough now
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 September 11 at 01:34
    Ohh Hell Ya!!smile
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,289,303
    Posted on 25 September 11 at 03:45
    I'm wondering if they're gonna have the old cheats style as a throwback, with some achievements tied in.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 September 11 at 17:00
    General Arcane said:
    I always like stealth-based games. Have high hopes for this, and I really hope that it lives up to both the film and the original.
    Well said! This is the first i've heard of this game and it's already a definite buy for me!
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,273,629
    Posted on 25 September 11 at 18:15
    Yessssssss!
  • Posted on 26 September 11 at 12:23
    Pierce Brosnan please
  • zMckayzMckay33,736
    Posted on 26 September 11 at 20:19
    shock
    This looks Sooooooooooo much better than the WII version and the Rouge Agent.

Looking forward to this
  • Posted on 26 September 11 at 22:58
    I really hope this can actually be a good game.
    But after what I keep seeing I feel like I'm getting my hopes up for nothing.
  • Deception975Deception975291,215 291,215 GamerScore
    Posted on 27 September 11 at 09:50
    Is this game trying to tell people to keep their N64 copies? XD
    "Party pooper, no cake for you." - Joker.
  • BeachemBeachem555,384
    Posted on 27 September 11 at 20:58
    This game is going to be badass!!!
  • Posted on 12 October 11 at 13:21
    Vorpal Smilodon said:
    Am I the only one who thinks this stealth gameplay is unimpressive after playing Deus Ex: HR?
    Well, this stealth gameplay is quite dated. They haven't really done anything new (which is fine) but I think the real problem with this video is the commentary. I'm paraphrasing but:

"Player choice is a big factor in Goldeneye: Reloaded so we're going to choose not to kill this guard."

Are you kriffing kidding me? You consider "not killing a guard" to be something large enough to use to point out that you have choices in this game? I would have though, "ohhh, that's nice that you don't have to kill everybody" if he didn't say anything but as soon as he opened his mouth, I couldn't help but think that it's nice but it's about as note worthy as leaves falling off of trees without being able to appreciate the level of detail.

I may have been able to get the game but that guy talking sort of ruined the entire video for me and it's kind of put the game in a bad spotlight. I can buy a remake that's a remake but I don't know if I can buy a remake that they're trying so hard to pawn off as new. Or when someone can't say "well you can take this path or that path and it shows the choices you can make" but instead points out a guard you don't have to kill. Yeah, maybe it's that too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.