Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Windows Phone Releases: Week of March 20th, 2013

• RVMRVM489,103
  • wBRYwBRY749,365
    Posted on 21 March 13 at 19:02, Edited on 21 March 13 at 19:04 by wBRY
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • grex9101grex9101503,635
    Posted on 21 March 13 at 19:27
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    BOYCOTT EA!
  • JJBDude48JJBDude481,974,317
    Posted on 21 March 13 at 19:41
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl992,379
    Posted on 21 March 13 at 20:13
    Zeeshan360 said:
    wiirule111 said:
    Before you buy WP8 phone, remember one thing.

Microsoft have already announced when they the software releases for WP8 i stopping.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a466491/windows-phone-...

With the short lifes of WP7, 8 9 next time.. I dont want to buy anymore WP Phones.
    Atleast Android devices is supported for many years, and one of the reasons why its #1

Windows Phone will never gain market share with its short life.
    It's not like that ..
    WP8 will be supported for 18 months ..
    When WP8.5 comes the new cycle of 18 months will start .. Same with WP9
    Windows Phone account confirmed on Twitter that WP8 phones will get WP9 as both have the same Win NT kernel
    clap ^ Exactly. I am very happy with 18 months of support. WP8 kicks ass and so does my Nokia.
    No Mercy.
  • Dancsi27Dancsi27190,501
    Posted on 21 March 13 at 20:26
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2124085862.png
  • Chris8875Chris8875682,184
    Posted on 21 March 13 at 21:27
    Again, its upsetting that Microsoft has nothing up its sleeve for Windows 7/7.5/7.8 owners who have long been loyal to the platform.

Good on Nokia, Gameloft, etc, for supporting WP8. But Microsoft ought to be ashamed of how its dropped the older models (and long time users) like a sack of shit.

What this does is not fill longtime supporters of the platform with confidence that Microsoft will deliver in terms of ongoing support for WP8. We're experiencing the non-support now and it makes me question whether I'll get a WP8 phone.

I'm under contract until about July - and no, before anyone says anything, I can't escape the contract, can't afford to get a WP8 outright (thus paying for two phones), and in Australia the vast majority of phone deals are on such contracts unless you have several hundred dollars to pay upfront.

Once July rolls around I'll be in the market for a new phone - and I'll have to think harder about whether getting a WP8 is a good investment. That shouldn't be, because the platform is very good.

It just shows what happens when bad support comes into play. Shame on you Microsoft.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty841,213
    Posted on 21 March 13 at 22:28
    grex9101 said:
    NastyMastaDaddy said:
    Time to start looking for a cheap WP8 i guess.
    Do yourself a favour - get a Nokia. Avoid anything else as m$ don't give a fuck about supporting their own platform.

(those are words I never thought I'd say. (the Nokia bit, not m$ not giving a fuck laugh)
    Nah. Do yourself a favour and get an iPhone. Far better and far cheaper. Achievements aren't that important are they?
  • aps42aps42755,830
    Posted on 21 March 13 at 22:31
    so my lumia 900 dark knight rises phone can't play the dark knight rises game? poor show
    aps42
  • Posted on 21 March 13 at 22:44
    Where are the f'ing wp7 games at?? angry
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl992,379
    Posted on 21 March 13 at 22:49
    NawtyCawty said:
    Nah. Do yourself a favour and get an iPhone. Far better and far cheaper. Achievements aren't that important are they?
    Are you joking? The WP8 is far superior. Got my Lumia 920 for $49, so "cheaper"...no. Besides, Samsung also produces a way better phone. IPhones are third fiddle now. There is a reason why Apple stock has (is?) tanked.
    No Mercy.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty841,213
    Posted on 21 March 13 at 22:54
    Skanker irl said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    Are you joking? The WP8 is far superior. Got my Lumia 920 for $49, so "cheaper"...no. Besides, Samsung also produces a way better phone. IPhones are third fiddle now. There is a reason why Apple stock has (is?) tanked.
    No im not. I have both. Granted i only have a WP7 Nokia 900, but i would never get another WP phone. The games are overpriced shite, the operating system, layout etc is poor, and everytime you get a windows phone it will be obsolete in 6 months. Plus the fact the design is hideous. It's like carrying a large lump of concrete around in your pocket. And Samsung? That is a joke right? They have never produced anything good in their history. People only buy Samsung products when they can't afford anything else.
  • Posted on 22 March 13 at 00:40
    grex9101 said:
    Unmasked Shyguy said:
    Too much laughing broke the internet, we got a "Joker" here ^.^
    aw man, I broked the internetz facepalmcry

need to hit up that edit button now laugh
    hahahahhaa
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS600,023
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 01:22
    Bought Shark Dash for 7nok! will trial the Dark Knight game incase it's just as awesome like Spiderman.
    "Come get your kool on. Stars are made to shine"
  • CASS190684CASS190684254,865
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 03:21
    H4nds0mH4ns3l said:
    Where are the f'ing wp7 games at?? angry
    This angry
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,284,931
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 04:31
    On the one hand, Batman. On the other hand, Gameloft. After suffering through the turd that was Assassin's Creed, I think I'll wait.
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob158,767
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 10:11
    I assume those of you who won't pay £5.99 for a phone game don't have jobs then?

Football Manager, Starbase Orion, King of Dragon Pass are all great games on ios, all priced in that kind of area, and well worth spending proper money on.

If all you'll pay is 69p, don't complain that all you get are Angry Birds/Bejeweled clones...
  • Vr EnglishVr English796,860
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 11:54
    wiirule111 said:
    Before you buy WP8 phone, remember one thing.

Microsoft have already announced when they the software releases for WP8 i stopping.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a466491/windows-phone-...

With the short lifes of WP7, 8 9 next time.. I dont want to buy anymore WP Phones.
    Atleast Android devices is supported for many years, and one of the reasons why its #1

Windows Phone will never gain market share with its short life.
    Wow considering contracts these days are two years, that's really terrible...
  • marklynxmarklynx2,303,883
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 12:01
    Are they not making any more WP7 games???
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 March 13 at 12:18, Edited on 22 March 13 at 12:19 by
    grex9101 said:
    First point - there's nothing to stop m$ (or htc etc) from doing their own timed "exclusives". The fact that they don't shows how much they really think about the platform.

Second point - there are PLENTY of iOS/Android games that are "retail quality". They don't sell them for £5.49 on their respective appstores.
    What are you talking about? It would be a very bad move to make games exclusives, timed or otherwise. To me, it shows they don't want to prevent WP gamers from accessing any games they release. I personally don't like what Nokia does.

Your second point in invalid because this is a website dedicated to Xbox gaming, not iOS or Android. I think I speak for more than just myself when I say I entered/posted on this thread because I'm interested in WP games and information TA posts on them, not to scout for people telling me to switch phones to get cheaper games. Why are you even on this thread trying to push them?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.