Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Magic - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 Revealed

• litepinklitepink307,527
  • RaisukaiRaisukai233,306
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 05:15
    I'm really digging the new interface! Definitely buying. :)
  • GdinutGdinut431,948
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 05:28
    Day 1 purchase for me, i really enjoy these games
  • Posted on 22 March 13 at 05:30
    sweet! hopefully achievements are simple and the game is fun like all the others so far
    LTspeirs
  • TheShen23TheShen23147,376
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 06:25
    love the games very much, but i hope theres gona be actual PLANESWALKERS in this one to play. since the name of the game is "Duels of the Planeswalkers" right?
  • Posted on 22 March 13 at 06:42
    I couldn't really wrap my head around nabbing 2013 but I guess it' just because I already play MTG on the regular. Why play a virtual version with less cards.
  • Posted on 22 March 13 at 07:11
    ive enjoyed these games too much not to buy this one. really do hope that if there isn't planeswalkers in it they at least bring back arch enemy, that game mode was probably my favorite thing out of all the games.
  • wBRYwBRY749,247
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 07:19
    Phantomzero17 said:
    I couldn't really wrap my head around nabbing 2013 but I guess it' just because I already play MTG on the regular. Why play a virtual version with less cards.
    Because it is magic and it is too cool for school, unless you actually play it at school in the cafeteria which is not very cool. Anyways, there is never too much mtg. We all know Magic Online is far superior if you want virtual mtg, but still the xbla games are worth every penny.
  • EurydaceEurydace642,353
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 08:00
    This definitely isn't worthwhile if you actually play. I haven't played in 10 years (lost a JSS due to an unbelievably idiotic flaw in my strategy and then quit), and so I have quite a lot of fun with these games. I'll definitely pick it up. For casual players it's a great buy. For hardcore players it's not and it's not intended to be.
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64317,572
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 08:33
    TheShen23 said:
    love the games very much, but i hope theres gona be actual PLANESWALKERS in this one to play. since the name of the game is "Duels of the Planeswalkers" right?
    you do realize that the PLAYER is considered a planeswalker in these games, right? thus the name "duel of the planeswalkers"

i'd not count on getting planeswalker as playable cards in the videogames.
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Posted on 22 March 13 at 11:23
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeet
    “It is impossible to correct abuses unless we know that they’re going on.” - J. Assange
  • MachJTMachJT180,662
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 11:23
    Phantomzero17 said:
    It's fun for a change of pace to play online with premade decks. Think of it like a fighting game where you choose your fighter.

Also I used to play paper and MTGO but it can be expensive and a hassle to keep up with the newest decks. This is nice because I don't have to worry about that.
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64317,572
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 11:47, Edited on 22 March 13 at 11:48 by Phoenix C64
    Phantomzero17 said:
    this game is not ment for people like you. it is ment for newcomers to magic, to get hooked, and then spend their cash on the real deal.

i love the fact that the xbox games are limited. all decks are (more or less) balanced and it's fun to play against different decks and have a chance of winning.

it's lame to go to a FNM standard (i go nearly every week) and play against people who spend 200+€ on a deck just to win on a friday night magic (message to those people: go play modern or legacy, you dickheads)
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 March 13 at 11:53
    OMG....day one buy!!! OooOooAhhHahahaahh! Excuse me, I need to shower and change my undies.
    Oh Republicans! You lost! Get over it! Wake up! You are a dying breed! 4 MORE YEARS!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 March 13 at 11:57
    Fun stuff. Will probably day 1 this.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 March 13 at 11:59
    Oh yah and let's not forget that its only 800 msp. A company that does NOT rip you off!.....love <3
    Oh Republicans! You lost! Get over it! Wake up! You are a dying breed! 4 MORE YEARS!
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,715,138
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 12:14
    I used to play hardcore back in the days of Antiquities and Legends and such. Don't have as much time to spend in serious deck building anymore, but I still buy boxes and collect sets. This is a fun way to pick up and play sometimes, even though it's casual. I'll get it day one like the rest of them.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • Posted on 22 March 13 at 12:25
    Too bad WotC has a customer policy as We do not deal with terrorists.
    Get a dev team with more than monkey ass knowledge on netcode, throw in a decent non tar black playground, revert to 2012s menu music and stop porting iPad games to consoles.
    The resolution was a dead giveaway.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 March 13 at 12:50
    YA BILLY said:
    Phantomzero17 said:
    Because it is magic and it is too cool for school, unless you actually play it at school in the cafeteria which is not very cool. Anyways, there is never too much mtg. We all know Magic Online is far superior if you want virtual mtg, but still the xbla games are worth every penny.
    That and they have rare and classic cards in the decks. I don't think it's easy to get hold of The Rack for instance. They might have re-released these though as I haven't played the card game in about 10 years.

I still have the old books detailing all the classic cards.

I still hold out hope for a retail game that requires hundreds of hours to complete. Magic just really is that good.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,965,206
    Posted on 22 March 13 at 12:51
    Yay, can't wait. Liking the new changes!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.