Game Discussion: Peter Jackson's King Kong

Help: King Kong

• Posted on 22 August 10 at 10:28Permalink
    Sooo - after I just started playing xbox I picked up the game King Kong - after playing i halfway-through I decided to cheat (something I am not proud of). I ounched in the codes and I was suddently able to play only the levels that unlocked the achievements.. But now I want the whole 1000G!

So: My question is: Could I load the savegame and just play the levels I haven`t played yet - or do I have to play the whole thing over again? I have finished chapter 25 - and after that only the chapter that gived achievements...
    Tha CLeaR
  • Posted on 22 August 10 at 13:45Permalink
    I think there may be a cheat for level select, enter that and see what happens.
    Playing poker is like having sex, if you don't have a partner you better have a good hand.
  • x TheWorstGamerx TheWorstGamer1,554,686
    Posted on 23 August 10 at 15:11Permalink
    This game was weird for when you used a cheat. Something strange happened to me when I was playing this game also. I was on the level when you are down below and you had to get the black guy (Forget his name) down from the top of the cliff. Well, The game kept glitching and the guy wouldn't throw me the weapon. So, there is a way to fix these glitches though. it has been awhile since I have played the game, But go online and look for the solution. There are a few steps that you have to do .. To make it so the game stops glitching due to using the cheats. I know there is a solution for this somewhere, I just can't seem to find it now. If I come across it, I will be sure to post it for you. :)
  • Posted on 02 August 14 at 21:16, Edited on 02 August 14 at 21:36 by Lost In ShowerPermalink
    x TheWorstGamer said:This game was weird for when you used a cheat. Something strange happened to me when I was playing this game also. I was on the level when you are down below and you had to get the black guy (Forget his name) down from the top of the cliff. Well, The game kept glitching and the guy wouldn't throw me the weapon. So, there is a way to fix these glitches though. it has been awhile since I have played the game, But go online and look for the solution. There are a few steps that you have to do .. To make it so the game stops glitching due to using the cheats. I know there is a solution for this somewhere, I just can't seem to find it now. If I come across it, I will be sure to post it for you. :)That's where my game is glitched right now... Hayes won't come down. There's supposed to be
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

EDIT: fixed it. this was taken from x360a "the revolver cheat works!!
    u have to reload the checkpoint by selecting: "quit game" and the "play".

now immediately spam the startbutton and type in the cheat for the revolver. if u do everything right, hayes wont come down to the edge of the stairs immediately. if u do it wrong, try again and spam "start" again. just worked for me. "

basically you need to press start as soon as the level loads up. Hayes wouldn't have spawned yet, and not giving him a chance to run down to the steps. I entered the revolver cheat (KKtigun) and Hayes stayed where he should've been.

I think the cheat occurs from entering the tommy gun cheat... this is the first level where you get to use the tommy gun, so it must "break" the game somehow. If you dont want the glitch to happen to you wait until after the level to enter the tommy guy cheat
  • Posted on 07 August 14 at 23:56Permalink
    Lost In Shower said:x TheWorstGamer said:This game was weird for when you used a cheat. Something strange happened to me when I was playing this game also. I was on the level when you are down below and you had to get the black guy (Forget his name) down from the top of the cliff. Well, The game kept glitching and the guy wouldn't throw me the weapon. So, there is a way to fix these glitches though. it has been awhile since I have played the game, But go online and look for the solution. There are a few steps that you have to do .. To make it so the game stops glitching due to using the cheats. I know there is a solution for this somewhere, I just can't seem to find it now. If I come across it, I will be sure to post it for you. :)That's where my game is glitched right now... Hayes won't come down. There's supposed to be
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

EDIT: fixed it. this was taken from x360a "the revolver cheat works!!
    u have to reload the checkpoint by selecting: "quit game" and the "play".

now immediately spam the startbutton and type in the cheat for the revolver. if u do everything right, hayes wont come down to the edge of the stairs immediately. if u do it wrong, try again and spam "start" again. just worked for me. "

basically you need to press start as soon as the level loads up. Hayes wouldn't have spawned yet, and not giving him a chance to run down to the steps. I entered the revolver cheat (KKtigun) and Hayes stayed where he should've been.

I think the cheat occurs from entering the tommy gun cheat... this is the first level where you get to use the tommy gun, so it must "break" the game somehow. If you dont want the glitch to happen to you wait until after the level to enter the tommy guy cheat
    Thanks! This helped!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.