Game Discussion: Naughty Bear

Gold Edition glitched

• Posted on 06 June 11 at 05:55
    Without checking first to find out about the glitched DLC achievements, I went out and bought Naughty Bear Gold Edition, which includes everything in one installable file on the disc. Only after unwrapping it and installing the thing do I find out that I might not be able to get any of the achievements I was going for to finish this thing off. So I tested it.

Sure enough, achievements aren't functioning. As it's all one file, I can't selectively remove DLC chapters, and the most recent updates are part of the disc code itself, which I also can't remove. This serves as both a warning and plea for help. Does anyone know how I can get these to work short of waiting for these bastards to fix their game? I know there's probably nothing and I've screwed myself, but maybe?
  • HoffmanHoffman153,283
    Posted on 07 June 11 at 19:32
    Hoff to the Rescue: Moving to Gaming Help
    Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
  • Posted on 09 June 11 at 20:05
    Okay, so I contacted the developers of the game and they have no intentions whatsoever of fixing this. Being that's how they're going to play it, I'm selling this thing ASAP.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,886,965
    Posted on 10 June 11 at 12:56
    Yeah, only way to 1250 Naughty Bear is buy the original game and the DLC chapters seperately.
  • truraider81truraider81348,449
    Posted on 17 July 11 at 20:55
    what if you play offline
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,164,793
    Posted on 21 July 11 at 00:58
    truraider, that won't help unfortunately. The fix involves removing certain updates and DLC in certain orders. The DLC is on disc, so you can't delete it. The most recent update is also on disc, so you can't delete that either.
  • GottleGottle808,803
    Posted on 04 January 12 at 14:05
    What about the GoD edition?
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,164,793
    Posted on 04 January 12 at 17:24
    Gottle said:
    What about the GoD edition?
    Assuming GoD has the unpatched version, the workaround could be done. As long as you have the abilities to access the 100% unpatched game, and remove your DLC -- you can definitely remove DLC since GoD doesn't include it -- you can get around the bugs.

After my last post on this thread, I just sold my Gold Edition, and made enough money from it to buy MSP for the packs and a new copy of the game.
  • GottleGottle808,803
    Posted on 15 January 12 at 04:24
    Well, it turned out that the GoD version isn't gold anymore :)
    They changed the cover and description.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 January 12 at 01:14
    FYI, I own the gold edition. Here's what I found out.

Every original achievement (1000) is obtainable EXCEPT "Full Wardrobe," it straight up won't unlock once you meet the prerequisites. However, if you go out and get a copy of the non-gold edition and play a level (you can use the same save) with those requirements met, it'll unlock as usual.

Also, the DLC based achievements are completely SOL. Again, even if you have a gold edition-based save, you can get a copy of the regular edition and DLC and it'll work. Trust me, I got the chapter 9 stuff done that way.

The Gold Edition seems like a bargain, but it's one big cock-tease in reality.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/PMMX360/petition.html SIGN IT NOW
  • ONE H1T QU1TONE H1T QU1T399,618
    Posted on 31 December 12 at 21:53
    I rented the game, sent it back, when the DLC came out I got it. Before I could rent it again my friend brought over the Gold edition. And ya, the achievements won't unlock. Am I wasting my time playing chapers 9 & 10, or will those achievements unlock when I put the original game in?

I realize I'm a little late to the party, but hopefully someone knows the answer.

Thanks.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,164,793
    Posted on 01 January 13 at 00:51
    Only the DLC achievements for getting medals (and possibly for completing the episodes), and the original game's Full Wardrobe can be gotten without meeting the requirements again.

Delete and DLC you have downloaded
    Clear cache
    Download ONLY the episode you want achievements in (even Ep. 8 will break it again)
    For medals (and possibly the complete episode DLC achievements, not sure), just play a level from that episode, your trophies will still be there, and the achievement will unlock if you've already met the requirements. You don't need to get gold on this run.

For other DLC achievements, follow the same steps, but you will need to redo the requirements.

For Full Wardrobe, just delete all DLC, clear cache, and play any level.
    Posted on 01 January 13 at 07:32
    When I download the one episode that I want achievements for, can I play the gold edition, or is that for when I get the original game?
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,164,793
    Posted on 01 January 13 at 14:49
    You need the original. As long as you're playing the Gold Edition, all DLC achievements and Full Wardrobe will be impossible. The Gold Edition is fully updated and has all DLC on disc, and it's the DLC and patches that cause the issue.
  • Solario32Solario32306,814
    Posted on 01 January 13 at 18:19
    Dam, sucks they havent fixed the gold edition yet.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,164,793
    Posted on 01 January 13 at 18:33
    They won't ever. They've moved on from that game, there's no good business reason to go back and fix it now. If they were ever to fix it though, it would fix for everyone luckily, because the Gold Edition itself isn't the issue. It's the DLC and the patches, even for the regular, the Gold just happens to come with all that as well.
    Posted on 01 January 13 at 19:10
    OK thanks, that clears everything up for me.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 September 13 at 21:15, Edited on 20 September 13 at 21:16 by
    Was thinking about getting this, so thought I should ask a question. I've been reading things saying that patches will glitch the achievement. Are people talking about title updates? If so, how is it possible to get the online achievements in Chapter 10 without installing updates, since it forces you to update when you play online? Or are these different patches that people are talking about? Cheers.

Edit: I'm talking about getting the original version and getting the DLC separately.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,164,793
    Posted on 21 September 13 at 15:16
    I can't remember it off the top of my head, but I'm 99% positive all achievements can be unlocked with updates installed. It's a matter of which DLCs are installed. See the guides for the two DLC packs and you'll see what the problem is and how to solve it.
  • Posted on 04 February 19 at 17:51
    i know its several years after the fact, but just to clarify...
    I have BOTH hardcopy versions of Naughty Bear: the original and the Gold edition. I have NOT inserted either disc in my xbox yet. What is my BEST course of action to get as many achievements as possible? Insert original game disc while xb is offline? Play original game online first? ...any help would be appreciated, thanks :)
    KILLING CEREAL
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.