Game Discussion: Naughty Bear

Gold Edition glitched

• Posted on 04 February 19 at 18:34
    if you don't own the dlc off of the marketplace then it doesn't matter what disc you use. the original 1000g is only obtainable
  • PostmortimusPostmortimus349,298
    Posted on 13 April 20 at 06:02
    I have both the original and gold edition of the game and I have the episode 8 and 9 dlc packs but never got around to buying episode 10 before it got delisted. Any chance that with what I have, I can get all the achievements?
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,164,793
    Posted on 13 April 20 at 07:15
    Postmortimus said:
    I have both the original and gold edition of the game and I have the episode 8 and 9 dlc packs but never got around to buying episode 10 before it got delisted. Any chance that with what I have, I can get all the achievements?
    Unfortunately, you will not be able to get the episode 10 achievements. Unlocking the DLC episode achievements requires that episode being the only one installed. With all of them being in the Gold edition, the only way to unlock them is with a regular (non-Gold) copy of the game, and digital copies of each DLC which you can remove and reinstall as necessary
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
    Posted on 14 April 20 at 05:25, Edited on 14 April 20 at 05:26 by Postmortimus
    Ahayzo said:
    Postmortimus said:
    Unfortunately, you will not be able to get the episode 10 achievements. Unlocking the DLC episode achievements requires that episode being the only one installed. With all of them being in the Gold edition, the only way to unlock them is with a regular (non-Gold) copy of the game, and digital copies of each DLC which you can remove and reinstall as necessary
    Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately I can't get that dlc due to its delisting and my procrastination on getting it. Unless I find someone whom has it and doesn't mind me borrowing their account to download it and boost it then but that's highly unlikely.

One last thing, do they all not unlock or is it just random to as which ones don't unlock?
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,164,793
    Posted on 14 April 20 at 06:01, Edited on 14 April 20 at 06:01 by Ahayzo
    It's all of them, no DLC achievements can be unlocked unless it is the only one installed. I still have no clue how they could possibly have bungled it that bad, but they did.
    Posted on 17 April 20 at 16:16
    Yeah. They definitely dropped the proverbial ball on that one.
  • Posted on 20 April 20 at 10:37
    One guy I spoke to recently claimed he was able to unlock the online 4 player achievements from Chapter 10 using the Gold Edition of the game. He didn't give me many details, but he had unlocked said achievements only a few months ago and said he installed the Gold Edition, but played his standard edition save.

I haven't been able to confirm any of this, but I've ordered a copy of the gold edition anyhow to see if it's at all possible to switch between versions of the game and saves. Worth a shot.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,164,793
    Posted on 20 April 20 at 13:46
    Yea I wouldn't base any decisions on that, because there is nothing there that would actually matter. The save is irrelevant because it's about the updates and currently available DLC, a save doesn't store that information. It's impossible to switch between versions because the disc has the updates packaged in, there's nothing to uninstall or anything like that, it's the same thing you have with the reg. With the overwhelming evidence that it simply does not work (I promise you people tried saves started on a normal version), my first instinct is they are lying or cheating, but misremembering is a completely viable possibility too.

That said, I hope you at least got it cheap
  • DL TsuDL Tsu79,761 79,761 GamerScore
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 17:19
    Question, Can't you just transfer the DLC license to another user?
    Click here :P http://dragcave.net/user/DL_Shise
  • DadMikkelsenDadMikkelsen584,507
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 12:45
    DL Tsu said:
    Question, Can't you just transfer the DLC license to another user?
    I'm pretty sure you would have to download their tag onto your 360, transfer licenses, and then keep it around for as long as it took to download and delete the various DLCs as needed. I thought about this too when I heard of the problems, but not only would it be pretty damn rare to find someone willing to do that, or even outright sell a tag that had the licenses, I'm pretty sure it's against MS's ToS to sell or trade gamertags like that, so I have no idea where you'd begin to look for one.
  • Posted on 04 January 21 at 14:44
    Even if you did this, both dlcs can’t be on the same console otherwise it doesn’t play them.
    This message was paid for by China
  • DadMikkelsenDadMikkelsen584,507
    Posted on 11 January 21 at 10:48
    Yeah, you'd have to keep the license-owning tag on the console so you could delete/redownload them as needed.
  • Posted on 11 January 21 at 19:52
    DadMikkelsen said:
    Yeah, you'd have to keep the license-owning tag on the console so you could delete/redownload them as needed.
    You could just move the one(s) you aren't using to a flash drive, so no downloading would be needed.
    Hola
  • Posted on 24 March 21 at 11:14
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    DadMikkelsen said:
    You could just move the one(s) you aren't using to a flash drive, so no downloading would be needed.
    I'm pretty sure you can't move DLC off from the console storage to a flash drive. It's deliberately designed to prevent that from happening.
  • Posted on 24 March 21 at 18:11
    British Legends said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    DadMikkelsen said:
    I'm pretty sure you can't move DLC off from the console storage to a flash drive. It's deliberately designed to prevent that from happening.
    You absolutely can move DLC to a flash drive. I did that with titanfall when I didn't want the DLC maps in my rotation for awhile.
    Hola
  • Posted on 24 March 21 at 19:03, Edited on 24 March 21 at 19:09 by British Legends
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    British Legends said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    DadMikkelsen said:
    You absolutely can move DLC to a flash drive. I did that with titanfall when I didn't want the DLC maps in my rotation for awhile.
    You're talking about Xbox One right? Naughty Bear is a 360 game which isn't backwards compatible.

Either way, I hope you're correct as that would be super useful. https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/xbox-360/accessories/sto... doesn't really clarify it.

Doing a bit more searching online also suggests I'm wrong smile
  • Posted on 24 March 21 at 19:11
    British Legends said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    British Legends said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    DadMikkelsen said:
    You're talking about Xbox One right? Naughty Bear is a 360 game which isn't backwards compatible.

Either way, I hope you're correct as that would be super useful. https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/xbox-360/accessories/sto... doesn't really clarify it.

Doing a bit more searching online also suggests I'm wrong smile
    No, we are talking about the 360 where you can use a flash drive to move dlcs in and out and also transfer games to a different Xbox faster than redownloading the game
    This message was paid for by China
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.