Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Retail Releases: Week of August 27th, 2012

• finallife6finallife6814,569
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 18:08Permalink
    Jessie Gabriel said:
    bring on the ea haters (who still play ea games) and people that judge games b4 they even play them... SSDD
    Even better then that...........bring on the kinect haters since you need a kinect to finish the game (if im not mistaken)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 August 12 at 18:24Permalink
    I might get Worms
  • zyxomma100zyxomma100191,818
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 18:50Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    How come? It's the best Madden since probably 2005.
    Exactly. That was the last year they actually had to try to make a good game, because of competition. Then they bought out the exclusive rights to the NFL... and Madden 06 was one of the worst games I've ever played in my life.

It's gotten better since then, but the games still are below Madden 2005/NFL 2K5 quality. (Admittedly I haven't tried this year's demo yet.) EA Sports doesn't get any more money from me until they can prove they can make a better game than some competition.
  • Posted on 27 August 12 at 19:04Permalink
    zyxomma100 said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    Exactly. That was the last year they actually had to try to make a good game, because of competition. Then they bought out the exclusive rights to the NFL... and Madden 06 was one of the worst games I've ever played in my life.

It's gotten better since then, but the games still are below Madden 2005/NFL 2K5 quality. (Admittedly I haven't tried this year's demo yet.) EA Sports doesn't get any more money from me until they can prove they can make a better game than some competition.
    Like I said, play the demo. Read reviews too, if you trust those. It's getting a lot of 8.5/9 scores. As a midnight release Madden fan, playing since I was like 7 years old, and having participated in and won tournaments, I can tell you that this certainly seems like the best Madden in a long time.
  • BeachemBeachem275,325
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 19:21Permalink
    Not a Madden fan so nothing for me this week. Can't wait for Borderlands 2!
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • sdemon999sdemon99965,915
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 19:22Permalink
    Can't wait, will be throwing on my Urlacher jersey and going to a midnight release. BEAR DOWN!!!

Also, Madden having a kinect achievement finally got me to cave on getting one. Is that sad?
  • TheTraderGuyTheTraderGuy340,347
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 19:25Permalink
    devil in cain said:
    RPGDavey said:
    Yes, pass is typically what they do. Thanks for the clarification.
    You've apparently never seen Tebow pretend to be a quarterback then.
    clap
    Completed Retail: 69 Completed Arcade: 17
  • SanadaSanada661,962
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 19:29Permalink
    sdemon999 said:
    Can't wait, will be throwing on my Urlacher jersey and going to a midnight release. BEAR DOWN!!!

Also, Madden having a kinect achievement finally got me to cave on getting one. Is that sad?
    Kinect achievement? Well you just saved me some time of picking this up. Thank you! Still might pick it up on a deal though.
    I may or may not have been Izuna Dropped on my head as a child.
  • truraider81truraider81274,126
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 19:38Permalink
    madden hasnt been good since the ps2 era
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 August 12 at 19:49Permalink
    Interception!
    If they came to hear me beg, they will be disappointed.
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,077,004
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 20:23Permalink
    Is it the same developer as last year or did Tiburon hand-off to someone else.
    150 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
  • ShinwashaShinwasha475,051
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 21:12Permalink
    munchmagic86 said:
    I might get Worms
    I wouldn't say that out loud.
    I'm the Truthcatcher and you are talking a lot of bull.
  • Posted on 27 August 12 at 21:16Permalink
    FailedSeppuku said:
    Still Tiburon.
  • Posted on 27 August 12 at 21:17Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    zyxomma100 said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:

Like I said, play the demo. Read reviews too, if you trust those. It's getting a lot of 8.5/9 scores. As a midnight release Madden fan, playing since I was like 7 years old, and having participated in and won tournaments, I can tell you that this certainly seems like the best Madden in a long time.
    I've played it all weekend with the season ticket and this is the best Madden game ever. Yeah there's a few issues with the new engine but they end up being funny ones. For example, when I got hit and was getting up, I tripped over the guy and fell down and did a ragdoll splits like when you bail out in Trials LOL.

One of the best things I've seen so far was when I threw to my TE I went to jump over the SS coming at me and he dove at the perfect time, I kicked him in his face and he fell flat on his ass. It was hilarious, I watched it ten times haha.

Downside of the game is that there is no fantasy draft. So if you like to do drafts with your friends, it's not in this years edition unfortunately. But it's fun to pick crappy teams and try to build them up. Go Rams!
  • jMAVERICKJWBjMAVERICKJWB498,499
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 21:32Permalink
    I do not know much about this Madden fellow but I was looking forward to getting Damage Inc. and the PACIFIC AV8R flight stick to play it. Now that is a nice Collector's Edition... I wonder if I am the only person to Pre-order this game?
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,077,004
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 21:46Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    FailedSeppuku said:
    Still Tiburon.
    i know but i wanted to have a punt at the pun game

toast
    150 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
  • Posted on 27 August 12 at 22:05, Edited on 27 August 12 at 22:07 by Poopdog M60RiotPermalink
    Shinwasha said:
    munchmagic86 said:
    I might get Worms
    Bahaha dammit you just made me lol in the middle of class
    Banana Big Boys
  • dorkzilla123dorkzilla123243,222
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 22:10Permalink
    Ginuwine AI3 said:
    First time in I don't know how many years I'm passing on Madden.
    Agreed. I think ill be buying every other year until something major changes.
  • ZombifiedZombified1,152,621
    Posted on 27 August 12 at 22:13Permalink
    Not a purchase just a rental.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 August 12 at 22:33Permalink
    Shinwasha said:
    munchmagic86 said:
    I might get Worms
    I never, I typed it silently wink
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.