Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

F1 Race Stars Travels to New Locations

• punkyliarpunkyliar216,810
  • Chris8875Chris8875629,177
    Posted on 08 January 13 at 23:46
    Interesting to hear.

I've oscillated back and forth on this game to be honest. I really do like some bits of it, but absolutely despair at other parts. I think it sort of averages out as an average game to be honest.

That said, given I've since been hugely disappointed by Sonic Racing Transformed - which, while it looks gorgeous, is uneven, oft-times either boring or stupidly difficult - maybe this deserves another look.
  • LeiChatLeiChat571,596
    Posted on 08 January 13 at 23:57
    Same as Chris8875, just not convinced to purchase.... yet. Mainly due to nobody else on my friends list playing it.
  • Posted on 09 January 13 at 00:30
    Are you kidding me! 400MSP for ONE TRACK! That's daylight robbery. Codemasters... you... words fail me.
  • Posted on 09 January 13 at 01:47
    Looks nice but not buying
  • LockieLockie556,482
    Posted on 09 January 13 at 02:13
    There's not enough polluted haze for that to be the Indian track.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • Chris8875Chris8875629,177
    Posted on 09 January 13 at 02:45
    Hooded Claw 006 said:
    Are you kidding me! 400MSP for ONE TRACK! That's daylight robbery. Codemasters... you... words fail me.
    I can't understand why they wouldn't bunch the tracks together and sell all 3 for, say 800msp.

Actually, on reflection, I do understand. It is Codemasters after all.
  • StevannoStevanno959,084
    Posted on 09 January 13 at 05:53
    Since Canada wasn't in the main game, I'm picking it up! The rest I may wait for a deal....but if I really get into this I may get them all anyway, even Valencia which has no achievements.
  • xiphumbraxiphumbra102,756
    Posted on 09 January 13 at 07:31
    I was under the impression that this should've been an XBLA game. 400 MSP for one track? LOL Epic. Fail.
  • Posted on 09 January 13 at 08:31
    xiphumbra said:
    I was under the impression that this should've been an XBLA game. 400 MSP for one track? LOL Epic. Fail.
    Exactly, I had fun with this game and clocked up about 20 hurs but I rented it and wouldn't pay full price for it.

If it had all 20 tracks from last season the maybe it would be acceptable being a full game, but only 11 tracks made it not worth the money to begin with and now 400 MSP a track? That works out at 3600 MSP to get the 11 missing tracks (if and when they're released) on top of buying the game in the first place.
    There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.
  • OlimiteOlimite415,438
    Posted on 09 January 13 at 09:00
    Sonic Racing is way better anyway.
  • Posted on 09 January 13 at 09:03
    Errrmmm shouldnt these have been included in the original release!! This is proper naughty by codemasters keeping tracks back so they can be released as DLC. Avoid Avoid Avoid!!! Next F1 2013 will only have 10 tracks and the rest will be DLC.....Cunts!
    I love the word Troll.....its so much nicer than "your a Cunt"
  • Posted on 09 January 13 at 11:46
    Olimite said:
    it doesn't appear that you've played it, so I'm interested to know how you came to that conclusion
    Adventure is out there
  • moshbeardmoshbeard125,405
    Posted on 09 January 13 at 12:31
    I haven't played it that much so I hadn't noticed it didn't have a track for each of the 2012 races, although I did find it a bit weird that the Valencia track was a download so I should have realised.

I guess it isn't a proper F1 game but it still seems a bit of a rip-off to make an F1 based game and not even give us all the tracks, they'll probably end up doing that for the proper F1 games one day.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty679,997
    Posted on 09 January 13 at 13:40, Edited on 09 January 13 at 13:41 by NawtyCawty
    loserb0i said:
    Olimite said:
    it doesn't appear that you've played it, so I'm interested to know how you came to that conclusion
    Well however he came to that conclusion he is still correct.

And each track should only be about 240MSP each tops.
  • CaptainAdeCaptainAde471,302
    Posted on 09 January 13 at 16:50
    it's a bit too expensive for my liking. Love the game but I won't be getting this at 400 msp per track
  • DoubleUD NLDoubleUD NL104,572
    Posted on 16 January 13 at 13:24
    This game is much better than most people are giving it credit for. Having said that, Codemasters are killing me with their DLC strategy, it's outrageous.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.