The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

2K Starts an XBL Sale

  • Posted on 11 January 13 at 02:11
    TombOfAnubis said:
    i had to do a search for the two Arcade games bc the dashboard notice for the sale was only showing me the Borderlands stuff and nothing else. Axel & Pixel was easy to find, but The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom took me THREE tries because the people who organize the Arcade's alphabetical order are morons. For starters, the word "The" is NOT the first word of anything's title when it's being organized. They taught us this in the fucking library in elementary school. Secondly, you don't ignored the majority of a game's title and just sort it by the last word! The game's name is "The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom" not "Winterbottom"! I had to look under 'W' to find the stupid thing! If it weren't 200msp, i wouldn't have even bothered searching for the fucking listing!

    English, motherfuckers! DO YOU SPEAK IT?! angry
    You're the target demographic for Bing on Xbox. Not really Microsoft's fault that you haven't discovered the Search function yet.
    From NES to Xbox 360, Your Friendly Neighborhood Gamer
  • WiznyattWiznyatt1,016,657
    Posted on 11 January 13 at 06:58
    Snrm said:
    matdan12 said:
    Bioshock 2 at that price not sure if its worth waiting for the Ultimate Rapture Edition or not.
    Same dilemma I am facing. I already own Bioshock 1 and 2 without DLC and on this sale it would could $15 to get all achievement DLC. Do I do that or spend $30 for the Ultimate Rapture Edition? Tough choice for an avid bioshock fan :(
    if you want to have something to hold and keep and potentially sell you wait for the retail version. Your digital copy isn't worth anything to someone else.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce899,275
    Posted on 11 January 13 at 09:40
    Wiznyatt said:
    Snrm said:
    matdan12 said:
    Bioshock 2 at that price not sure if its worth waiting for the Ultimate Rapture Edition or not.
    Same dilemma I am facing. I already own Bioshock 1 and 2 without DLC and on this sale it would could $15 to get all achievement DLC. Do I do that or spend $30 for the Ultimate Rapture Edition? Tough choice for an avid bioshock fan :(
    if you want to have something to hold and keep and potentially sell you wait for the retail version. Your digital copy isn't worth anything to someone else.
    Is the DLC on disc or a download code in that one though?
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • matdanmatdan751,886
    Posted on 11 January 13 at 12:45
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Wiznyatt said:
    Snrm said:
    matdan12 said:
    Bioshock 2 at that price not sure if its worth waiting for the Ultimate Rapture Edition or not.
    Same dilemma I am facing. I already own Bioshock 1 and 2 without DLC and on this sale it would could $15 to get all achievement DLC. Do I do that or spend $30 for the Ultimate Rapture Edition? Tough choice for an avid bioshock fan :(
    if you want to have something to hold and keep and potentially sell you wait for the retail version. Your digital copy isn't worth anything to someone else.
    Is the DLC on disc or a download code in that one though?
    Thats the sticking point for me. I prefer Borderlands GOTY for having a disc while GoW2 GOTY Edition has downloads.
  • AlyrobsAlyrobs88,190
    Posted on 13 January 13 at 19:54
    Bought Winterbottom, don't fancy Axel & Pixel
  • Posted on 13 January 13 at 21:51
    When will be the next sale? Or will it not be announced
    The Zestiest of Potatoes
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce899,275
    Posted on 13 January 13 at 22:46
    A Zesty Potato said:
    When will be the next sale? Or will it not be announced
    Most sales like this start on Tuesdays along with Deal of the Week
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Posted on 14 January 13 at 01:52
    Bought BioShock on impulse. I heard it was good so I thought I'd give it a try. I sure hope it is because it's gonna take FOREVER to download.laugh
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry353,899
    Posted on 14 January 13 at 16:05
    Axel and Pixel for 200, yes.
    Use one of the quotes from that thread
  • Posted on 14 January 13 at 23:28
    Whats going on Sale this week then?
    The Zestiest of Potatoes
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 15 January 13 at 07:05
    A Zesty Potato said:
    Whats going on Sale this week then?
    We'll find out within a few hours... It's probably not even on the dashboard yet, though I can't check since I'm at work right now.

    I'm still keeping my hopes up for a Banjo Kazooie and Tooie 50% deal. Also Mass Effect DLC now that I've bought all three, and I still won't start with Enslaved before I get the DLC half price which enables me to play in 3D.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • TAMB0TAMB0226,210
    Posted on 14 May 13 at 20:35
    wow what a bunch of crap that's already been discounted numerous times before
    GT: Tamb0 (0 = zero)
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka274,533
    Posted on 15 May 13 at 00:19
    Rise from the grave!!
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
  • Posted on 19 May 13 at 17:48
    TAMB0 said:
    wow what a bunch of crap that's already been discounted numerous times before
    Apparently, you didn't notice the January 8th posting date for the article.
    Hey, it's just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions ...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.