AuthorMessage
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 09 January 16 at 14:32
Osmos is the only case I know of where the cheevo doesn't exist
invuln3r4bl3
invuln3r4bl3
Posted on 09 January 16 at 14:46
dropK1CK ninJA said:invuln3r4bl3 said:Thrash Desaster said:Thorni360's got a point. If you're too stressed about your completion %, don't start games with unobtainables.I started nfs: carbon years ago before i was a completionist. So i didn't know it has an unobtainable achievement.Just because you did not know then does not mean we should create an exception now.

I just don't see the benefit. You do not make the stats any more accurate. In fact you are now inserting an inaccuracy into the data by claiming you have 100% of the achievements listed but in fact only have 99% of them.
actually i'm not the only person who has this problem. and as you see in this thread there are more people who wants to get rid of these unobtainables.
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 09 January 16 at 14:50
His reply applies to all
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 09 January 16 at 15:21
What about the Hellboy DLC which never released? I know this is one-in-a-million situation, but still..
gamingirl.com is on hiatus, working on new project. Danish people can write a PM to me and ask as the magazine is in danish!
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 09 January 16 at 16:31
Twinkling82 said:What about the Hellboy DLC which never released? I know this is one-in-a-million situation, but still..It changes nothing.
Ask me about my rock collection.
KiNG CaRL 2012
Posted on 09 January 16 at 20:09
Sashamorning said:Ever try using the achievement app on the Xbox? That point alone is why TA is better than MS.

I don't care if MS counts unobtainables. They also thought that Windows 8 was awesome. Same with Vista, the Zune and pricing the One $100 higher than the PS4.

TA exists because it takes achievements and does them better. Rarer achievements are often more difficult than gamerscore might indicate. (Not talking about rare =/= difficult, and not talking about that 1 GS achievement in Bullet Witch.)

I really like the idea of the 0.00 ratio for unobtainables. Why are they given a 1.00 at all?

And yes, please, take unobtainables completely out of the criteria for completed games and %. If apps aren't counted because they "aren't games," then unobtainables shouldn't count because they don't exist within a game, either. (And if they get patched, reverse it. Easy fix.)
Don't forget about picking HD DVD over Blu-ray.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 09 January 16 at 20:14
Carl, the HD DVD was Microsofts product, of course they tried to push it as a standalone drive for X360. The demise was the fact that Sony included Bluray, the contender, into the PS3, which sold consoles (cheap bluray player) as well as selling the discs themselves because the segment for bluray was bigger because of this.
gamingirl.com is on hiatus, working on new project. Danish people can write a PM to me and ask as the magazine is in danish!
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 09 January 16 at 20:45
Twinkling82 said:What about the Hellboy DLC which never released? I know this is one-in-a-million situation, but still..Disney's Little Mermaid, too.
Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth. Always carry [popcorn].
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 09 January 16 at 20:48
Sashamorning said:Twinkling82 said:What about the Hellboy DLC which never released? I know this is one-in-a-million situation, but still..Disney's Little Mermaid, too.Rambo too, However, these are already ignored by those who wish it
invuln3r4bl3
invuln3r4bl3
Posted on 09 January 16 at 22:58
Sick of these unobtainable achievements? Sick of them messing up your completion? Then join this leaderboard to show TA that this has to be changed!
TA currently tracks 80 games with 177 achievements out of 106,328 in total on the site (09.01.2016).

What is our target?
Unobtainable achievements since the game's release shouldn't count!
Discontinued achievements should count!

Discontinued ones are not worthy to discuss because they were once obtainable and there are people out there who unlocked them.

In TA's opinion this change doesn't reflect the need of the community. In other words: There are not enough people one the site who supports discounting unobtainables.
Let's prove this is not true!!! Join now if you agree. Here's the link:
Discounting Unobtainable Achievements On TA
(Discounting Unobtainable Achievements On TA)
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 09 January 16 at 23:12
You really don't need to post this everywhere and PM everyone on top of that
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 10 January 16 at 02:25
My reply from the other thread you posted than in, invuln3r4bl3 Spilner said:Never quite got how people got into this trend of making leaderboards to try and get things they want. Didn't appreciate the leaderboard invite when I'm against the idea that you've proposed, I gave an alternative that's all.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
invuln3r4bl3
invuln3r4bl3
Posted on 10 January 16 at 03:05
Spilner said:My reply from the other thread you posted than in, invuln3r4bl3 Spilner said:Never quite got how people got into this trend of making leaderboards to try and get things they want. Didn't appreciate the leaderboard invite when I'm against the idea that you've proposed, I gave an alternative that's all.no problem. i can understand that there are people who are completely against this idea... ;)
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 10 January 16 at 03:08
facepalm
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 10 January 16 at 06:42
I say no to both. In my opinion if you disagree with how something works, you can or accept it or find something else that fits your vision. Or start enoying the Developer so hopefull with enough voices and enough negative feedback through public channels they fix Unobtainable.

I have several Discontinued and it would be rediculous if they gonna be removed here (and not on Xbox.com) because someone played/buyed the game after it was known some will be discontinued.
Twitch & YT: KlikoTV | Twitter: @Klikopedia
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 10 January 16 at 08:10
Devs generally don't give a flip. They've already sold the game, moving on to the next product. Plus they built something that didn't work right in the first place. There are definitely exceptions, of course, but if there are totally broken achievements (including some that break in a patch) they almost never get fixed.
Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth. Always carry [popcorn].

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 10 January 16 at 09:49, Edited on 10 January 16 at 09:51 by
At the end of the day this is no different than the whole DLC debate. Some people believe that DLC is part of the game, others believe it is not. Technically, neither side is wrong, we just have different views. TA decided to call a vote and split the difference by offering everyone the option of choosing what they prefer on their own gamercard.

Here, again we have some people that believe a game is complete when all possible achievements are unlocked, others believe it is not.

It's obvious we have a difference of opinion here, and the only resolution would be to call a vote:

Option 1 - Things remain as they are; Unobtainables are required for a game completion and so those games can never be classed as complete on TA.

Option 2 - A site-wide change to allow games with unobtainables to be classed as complete when all achievements possible are unlocked. (This incidentally, would still require discontinued and buggy achievements to be unlocked, and allow for the same DLC inclusion settings).

Option 3 - The same as the current option for DLC inclusion; anyone can choose to include or exclude unobtainables from their game's completions. People would view other's games and stats as their own settings, the same as DLC is now.

With option 3, all that would change would be anyone who had completed a game to its fullest extent possible (all achievements except unobtainables) would have that game classed as complete on their card. 100% would be shown to all those with the same settings for those games, and their completion percentage badge would show not only the DLC settings like now, but also 'Includes or Excludes Unobtainable achievements', and the game will be allowed to be displayed in their Trophy Case.

In any option; Unobtainable achievements would remain on the site, game pages, achievement pages, guides, links etc concerning them would remain unchanged.

With option 3 the only difference would be that; any who wish to do so would consider any of their games with Unobtainables to be complete if they have unlocked every other achievement and can complete the game no further.

Everyone is just as happy as they are now with the DLC settings, each to their own, so to speak.
I used to write Walkthroughs like you, then I took an arrow to the knee
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 10 January 16 at 11:42
o DEEVIUS o said:Option 3 - The same as the current option for DLC inclusion; anyone can choose to include or exclude unobtainables from their game's completions. People would view other's games and stats as their own settings, the same as DLC is now.

With option 3, all that would change would be anyone who had completed a game to its fullest extent possible (all achievements except unobtainables) would have that game classed as complete on their card. 100% would be shown to all those with the same settings for those games, and their completion percentage badge would show not only the DLC settings like now, but also 'Includes or Excludes Unobtainable achievements', and the game will be allowed to be displayed in their Trophy Case.

In any option; Unobtainable achievements would remain on the site, game pages, achievement pages, guides, links etc concerning them would remain unchanged.

With option 3 the only difference would be that; any who wish to do so would consider any of their games with Unobtainables to be complete if they have unlocked every other achievement and can complete the game no further.

Everyone is just as happy as they are now with the DLC settings, each to their own, so to speak.
One thing. I am onboard with the completion times and show in the my games list and possible game collection. Not entirely with the trophy case.

I like that I can have a setting for it,but we also gotta think of the calculation times and all, more work for the servers.
xLil SheWolfx
xLil SheWolfx
Posted on 10 January 16 at 11:51
I think the only achievements that should be un-included are the permanently broken ones like this game for example:

ArcaniA: Gothic 4

The game company even released a different edition of the game but did not fix the broken achievements. I think that is very wrong of them to do that.
Gaming 4 Life
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 10 January 16 at 11:57
I would not mind that unobtainables are removed from the "completion" requirements. Would also be nice if you make a gamergoal to complete such game, it does not count the unobtainable as well.

I strongly disagree to do the same with discontinued achievements.
You always get back what you reflected into the mirror.