Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

EA Announces More Server Shutdowns

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 March 12 at 11:41
    FUNERAL PYRE said:
    BOYCOTT EA GAMES. DONT BUY THEM ANYMORE. PUT BOYCOTT IS YOUR XBOX PROFILE TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO GAMERS. WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS CRAP ANYMORE. GOOD GAMING. WATCH OUT ROCKSTAR AND THQ YOU ARE NEXT ON MY HIT LIST.
    By this rate in two years you'll only be playing indie games.
    Countless the dead slaughtered in your name. Not an utter of your voice have you once repaid.
  • Rossa117Rossa117454,602
    Posted on 16 March 12 at 11:58
    alklein92201 said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    Do any other companies do this or just EA?
    2K does it for their sports games. Other than that I've never seen it done. A couple times certain games have had a feature or two removed (PGR3's Gotham TV) but I've never seen any servers shutdown besides 2K Sports and EA
    I know it's happened with some other games like it did with GRiD from Codemasters recently (PC and PS3 servers were shut down because the 3rd party hoster didn't want to renew their contract).

But yeah it's more annoying with EA than any other company; they have shut down some good games :(
  • LGS I HitmanLGS I Hitman1,293,628
    Posted on 16 March 12 at 12:05
    Rossa AU said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    2K does it for their sports games. Other than that I've never seen it done. A couple times certain games have had a feature or two removed (PGR3's Gotham TV) but I've never seen any servers shutdown besides 2K Sports and EA
    I know it's happened with some other games like it did with GRiD from Codemasters recently (PC and PS3 servers were shut down because the 3rd party hoster didn't want to renew their contract).

But yeah it's more annoying with EA than any other company; they have shut down some good games :(
    Don't forget Konami they've closed down pes 9 and 10
  • Posted on 16 March 12 at 13:24
    Rossa AU said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Achilles8249 said:

SEGA also closed down the servers for Chromehounds. On the basis that the online community just didn't have enough players and it was costing them to much money to keep the servers running.

And while other companies have closed a server or two, EA is notorious for closing servers. And they always close multiples, its not just 1 game here or there, its 5-10 games at one time.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 March 12 at 13:35
    This sucks, i lost 100% on NBA- but gud job i hav none of these ones mentioned, i'll stop buying EA games / or just quickly get the MP chevo's done as quik as possible :(
  • Posted on 16 March 12 at 17:21
    Didn't that MMA game come out like 7 months ago or something?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 March 12 at 00:01
    Lol Burnout revenge was forseen.

EA....

this is getting old..

and you know what happens to old..

we shut them down..

like we did to cartridges..

god I miss cartridges..
    Adam West loves salt.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 March 12 at 05:02
    I really miss Odissey...
  • JohnyLouJohnyLou586,176
    Posted on 17 March 12 at 13:18
    If only there would be a moderator race again for NFS Carbon. :/
  • Posted on 17 March 12 at 16:57
    I refuse now to buy EA games. The main reason, being the server shut downs. I bought Gears 3, and I'm better four years from now, i'll still be enjoying playing online with it. Smackdown vs Raw 2007 and 2008 I both bought and still enjoy playing with my CAW online. Dynasty Warriors 7 again another game I bought new, £45 and still enjoy playing online. Army of Two, a game I would love to play with my gaming buddy, I dare not buy. I believe the servers are already shut down for it, rendering online gameplay impossible, not to mention the achievements. I know they have to cut costs, but why not host the severs on a pay monthly basis. I certainly wouldn't mind paying say £5-£10 a month to play there games online. Fifa, now I'm not a football fan, but playing over Live, listening to my mate when she's losing is fun and entertaining. But I have to fork out £40 just for that simple pleasure, as the old ones have no online anymore. I think a petition is the way forwards for now. We can all but try.
    The Devil 696
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,164,946
    Posted on 17 March 12 at 17:20
    The Devil 696 said:
    I certainly wouldn't mind paying say £5-£10 a month to play there games online.
    Watch your comments. If EA decides to do that in the future (even though it won't be by your suggestion) everyone in this thread will come back and kill you and your family. You already pay a monthly fee, you'd be fine adding another just to keep some games up? Considering the number of EA games compared to all the games we get to play for having Xbox LIVE, that monthly fee better be less than $0.10 a month
  • Posted on 17 March 12 at 20:34
    I just finished off Burnout Revenges online achievements today. Thankfully I only needed 6 more and with the help of a friend (who already had all them) I will no longer have unobtainable achievements for this game.

I think I should put Dante's Inferno in and work on the online DLC for that as i'm sure that will be next on EA's chopping block.
  • Posted on 17 March 12 at 22:50
    Lemon Gummi said:
    god I miss cartridges..
    Preachin' to the choir dude!
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • Posted on 19 March 12 at 03:16
    I'll have to start EA create. I just picked it up
  • Posted on 19 March 12 at 05:05
    pro street community day 2 better be unlocked!
    I'm the guy
  • Posted on 19 March 12 at 11:13
    why is it that wen dlc with new achievements comes out they are immediatley added to gamercard wether you intend on buying it or not, but when achieves are made unobtainable they arent removed from gamercard.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,164,946
    Posted on 19 March 12 at 15:22
    onionbhargee said:
    why is it that wen dlc with new achievements comes out they are immediatley added to gamercard wether you intend on buying it or not, but when achieves are made unobtainable they arent removed from gamercard.
    So everyone has the same achievement list (obtainable or not) as everyone else. With the exception of Reach, where Anniversary DLC achievements require having the Anniversary pack to make the achievements appear.
  • Mr RodsterMr Rodster2,008,920
    Posted on 19 March 12 at 16:29
    alklein92201 said:
    onionbhargee said:
    So everyone has the same achievement list (obtainable or not) as everyone else. With the exception of Reach, where Anniversary DLC achievements require having the Anniversary pack to make the achievements appear.
    I was going to go the more cynical route and suggest that they do it to get you to buy the DLC....
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,164,946
    Posted on 19 March 12 at 16:44
    More cynical indeed. I've mentioned several times on the forums, but I really don't get where the thought came from that achievements play a noticeable part in companies' decision-making process when it comes to money.
  • Iced HawkIced Hawk588,459 588,459 GamerScore
    Posted on 19 March 12 at 17:59
    I really Hate EA, If they plan to Shut down every Server on every game.. They shouldn't put any Online Achievement, That Would be Cool. I hate Online Achievements on Closed Servers!
    I Need that Achievement...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.