Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

EA Announces More Server Shutdowns

  • Posted on 31 March 12 at 12:29
    As with any article regarding servers closing, I'm obliged to ask if any of the titles were involved with Project $10. That is, did they take the $10 they claimed was for server load caused by used gamers and then shut the service down anyway.
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen703,578
    Posted on 31 March 12 at 12:32
    Torhu Hybrid said:
    As with any article regarding servers closing, I'm obliged to ask if any of the titles were involved with Project $10. That is, did they take the $10 they claimed was for server load caused by used gamers and then shut the service down anyway.
    Not sure about the Active series, but I believe the MMA game has a pass.
    Confucius say: Man piss in wind, wind piss back.
  • Posted on 31 March 12 at 12:38
    Das Kuhnen said:
    Not sure about the Active series, but I believe the MMA game has a pass.
    I just confirmed that as well.

    So can we possibly take that piece of info and start spreading it to news sites so that we can start drawing people's attention to it? I'm serious.

    The prime argument in favor of Online Passes was it allowed companies to make up some of the costs of supporting the title when used gamers came online.

    Now they're taking a Project $10 game and shutting it down anyway. You combine that with the statement from EA last year that the $15 million made from online passes was pure profit and you've basically got a company that is outright lying about what it's trying to do.

    And people STILL try and defend the practice.
  • zyxomma100zyxomma100195,317
    Posted on 31 March 12 at 16:27, Edited on 31 March 12 at 16:29 by zyxomma100
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    I'm confused over Saboteur...I thought the midnight club was something I downloaded, not something on a server. Even bigger douche move if they are shutting down servers that actually unreward your pre-order bonus from a SINGLE PLAYER GAME!!!
    What you are losing is the ability to download the DLC free with a new copy with unused code. The DLC will still be available for its normal price from the Marketplace, and it will still work for those who have already downloaded it, but users who find themselves with an unused code won't be able to use it.

    AFAIK, you will still be able to redownload it if you change consoles or accidentally delete it, but I'm not totally sure. EA's new game DLC uses a 16 character code and a completely different listing from the XBLM, so I wouldn't be surprised if you wouldn't be able to redownload it again.

    Torhu Hybrid said:
    Das Kuhnen said:
    Not sure about the Active series, but I believe the MMA game has a pass.
    I just confirmed that as well.

    So can we possibly take that piece of info and start spreading it to news sites so that we can start drawing people's attention to it? I'm serious.

    The prime argument in favor of Online Passes was it allowed companies to make up some of the costs of supporting the title when used gamers came online.

    Now they're taking a Project $10 game and shutting it down anyway. You combine that with the statement from EA last year that the $15 million made from online passes was pure profit and you've basically got a company that is outright lying about what it's trying to do.

    And people STILL try and defend the practice.
    Also, pretty much this.
  • KloxiconKloxicon644,082
    Posted on 06 April 12 at 22:42
    BOYCOTT EA!
  • x S0MBRA xx S0MBRA x249,164
    Posted on 13 April 12 at 15:40
    Whoa, WHOA!
    Solely by chance did I happen to pop this game in to get some achievements on it. I just did the 'Making Friends' during which I found I was on the last day to do it?!

    So I got it, but that's some bull stuff, EA!warning

    If I was denied being able to complete this game because you slacked off? I'M the one working out. If anyone should be slacking off it should be ME!

    laugh
    dP
  • Posted on 05 June 12 at 23:07
    I CAN`T BELIEVE IN THAT !!!
  • Posted on 05 June 12 at 23:20
    still need to do the single and 2 player online for dantes inferno :(
  • gemueseapfelgemueseapfel536,573
    Posted on 06 June 12 at 09:31
    I think EA has to create a new game cover for all the Games. So that there is no "xbox Live" thing on it.
  • Posted on 06 June 12 at 10:07
    gemueseapfel said:
    I think EA has to create a new game cover for all the Games. So that there is no "xbox Live" thing on it.
    Someone should've yelled that during the EA Conference or something =P Would've put them in their place.
    The only "B" word women should be called is beautiful.
  • Posted on 08 June 12 at 21:07
    Jokerx2386 said:
    still need to do the single and 2 player online for dantes inferno :(
    Still have to do that as well. Luckily though EA has not announced a shut for that server yet. Though when they do I will most likely get back into the game and complete them.
  • Posted on 10 June 12 at 09:02
    From what a friend says, they never did shut down burnout...
  • VanglakVanglak168,312
    Posted on 21 September 13 at 04:05
    So they need to stop making unobtainable achievements then they wouldn't get so many complaints. how hard can that be?
  • matdanmatdan796,028
    Posted on 21 September 13 at 05:28
    You necro-ed this topic just to say that??
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.