Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Reminder: HFGN Servers Close Today

• MatrarchMatrarch1,251,550
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:14
    The EA complaints begin in 3, 2, 1.....
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye189,439
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:15
    I have a session up for today, as long as I'm on i'll help people out
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,008,746
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:16
    Tetris had online features?
  • zhobanzhoban234,757
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:22
    Does this mean they are going to only close the servers or are they also going to take this game off of the Xbox LIVE Marketplace?

Yes I am aware of it saying only servers, but with EA you never know.
    "I'm not crazy, at least I don't think so." - James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)
  • dawell stardawell star293,626
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:24
    is scrabble on just xbla or also on disc?
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye189,439
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:25, Edited on 30 April 12 at 17:26 by NickHawkeye
    zhoban said:
    Does this mean they are going to only close the servers or are they also going to take this game off of the Xbox LIVE Marketplace?

Yes I am aware of it saying only servers, but with EA you never know.
    and well probably still never know until someone goes to buy them tomorrow. but i hope not because I don't have the $ to buy the remaining 3 right now

dawell star said:
    is scrabble on just xbla or also on disc?
    either way, I have it on the disc but i know people who just downloaded it too
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:25
    I planned on getting this game soon, but I can't spend the $10 right now. Damn EA. I'll never understand why they don't patch these achievements.
    Games owned: http://rant.withtorment.com/xbl/
  • Barad 007Barad 007804,929
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:31
    Never played this never will.
    Battlefield 3 Gamer !
  • KungFuMonk3yKungFuMonk3y488,413
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:34
    This is a really old game. They are great, and still playable locally, been DOTW multiple times as well. If you don't have it, pull down at least the scrabble game and nab this achievement real quick and then like me work on 100% down the road.
    I do wish that there was some way to change the online achievements when they do this and still make them attainable somehow...but then that'd likely not be fair to those that earned it and played it when it was relevant. Also EA wants you buying the games new not used and when they come out. I understand them having to save money and kill servers that aren't seeing any use. I would think they could leverage the cloud where the server doesn't use any resources when not in use, but fires up when needed.... not sure what kind of latency that would bring to the game on live though.
    Kungfu Monk3y
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:42
    All Games dropped permanently to 400 MSP today....so next sale they will be 200 MSP lol
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator191,121
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:45
    Why is EA having online passes at all? Frequently they are shutting down 1 year old games.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:47
    DEATH TO EA!
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 17:51
    AntaraelDulacre said:
    All Games dropped permanently to 400 MSP today....so next sale they will be 200 MSP lol
    Ah, good looking bro. I might have to grab this cheeve then. $5, and 10 minutes of my life because EA can't afford to keep a private server open so friends can still play. There has to be a cheap way for them to figure it out, as a game developer I think they owe us that much.
    Games owned: http://rant.withtorment.com/xbl/
  • NitrousSpeedNitrousSpeed751,319
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 18:03
    AntaraelDulacre said:
    Thanks for lettting me know they lowered the prices for the games permanently.
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 18:09
    Ha the first time I get a article credited to me!
    100% Red Dead Redemption 100% L.A Noire
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 18:09
    AntaraelDulacre said:
    Really? I didn't know that! Thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll change my mind about obtaining the disc version. I already completed the online session for Scrabble. Too sad for me that I had to spend an 800 MSP on Scrabble before people noticed the permanent price cuts. Oh, well. At least I saved 400 MSP before I bought another 400.
  • GWARRRRRGWARRRRR135,800
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 18:14
    I almost shat myself when I read Tetris, glad it's for windows phone only as I don't own one.
    I'll just put this right here.
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 18:16, Edited on 30 April 12 at 18:17 by Moose Recon
    facepalm
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,081,853
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 18:24
    FYI...don't expect it to be off the marketplace, or to even have the description altered to reflect no online. EA server closures on other titles still have mp-only dlc up on the marketplace, with no warnings whatsoever that it is unuseable!!

DLC still up with no warnings, but did find this "blurb" on Army of Two in GoD:
    "Some multi-player functionalities may no longer be supported."
    ...so I guess if you read the fine print you have been warned!
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.