Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Reminder: HFGN Servers Close Today

• Thor MetelloThor Metello430,581
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 18:26
    ELETRONIC ARTS...........Simply ridiculous THIS ATTITUDE
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,007,922
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 18:49
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    FYI...don't expect it to be off the marketplace, or to even have the description altered to reflect no online. EA server closures on other titles still have mp-only dlc up on the marketplace, with no warnings whatsoever that it is unuseable!!

DLC still up with no warnings, but did find this "blurb" on Army of Two in GoD:
    "Some multi-player functionalities may no longer be supported."
    ...so I guess if you read the fine print you have been warned!
    That's nothing. Lord of the Rings: Conquest is still available as Games on Demand, which is just insane considering how much of it was online
  • MechaHertzMechaHertz1,261,952
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 19:03
    Am I blind or did they remove Yatzhee? I know I bought it (might have been on US account), but I can't find it anymore on my game. I have the unlock on xbox, and tried redownloading but can't I have been looking on marketplace on xbox.com, but can't find it. Anyone know or am I just blind?
    Love ponies, hates phonies
  • BeachemBeachem441,216
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 19:04
    AntaraelDulacre said:
    All Games dropped permanently to 400 MSP today....so next sale they will be 200 MSP lol
    That's awesome news shock. I may have to pick up Scrabble today and get the online cheevo done pronto!
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • DarthGoose13DarthGoose13526,211
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 19:08
    EA strikes again
    What the brown?
  • Bob101910Bob101910671,898
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 19:13
    alklein92201 said:
    Tetris had online features?
    I was thinking the same thing. Probably the leaderboards.
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 19:26
    i still need this,anyone need a partner?
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 19:31
    I think it's bullshit that EA pretty much gives you a time limit to play games that have the EA brand on them.
  • PuckJunkiePuckJunkie686,550
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 19:54
    alklein92201 said:
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    FYI...don't expect it to be off the marketplace, or to even have the description altered to reflect no online. EA server closures on other titles still have mp-only dlc up on the marketplace, with no warnings whatsoever that it is unuseable!!

DLC still up with no warnings, but did find this "blurb" on Army of Two in GoD:
    "Some multi-player functionalities may no longer be supported."
    ...so I guess if you read the fine print you have been warned!
    That's nothing. Lord of the Rings: Conquest is still available as Games on Demand, which is just insane considering how much of it was online
    Sounds about right. It is EA, after all. Army of Two is also available on the marketplace in Games on Demand, and it has the disclaimer the other user posted. Of course, it's accurate yet entirely ridiculous to say "Some multi-player functionalities may no longer be supported," as if this is unpredictable event that only affects some of the multiplayer components of the title. It would be more meaningful to say "All of the multiplayer functionality has been removed from this game." And it is unbelievable that you can still purchase the Map Pack for the game. It is utterly without value now, as it is solely for multiplayer use.
  • Stupid DexStupid Dex219,859
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 20:11
    This is a sad sad day. I play Yahtzee almost every night with a friend. Why can't Microsoft host the servers themselves? Or make it p2p. Isn't online play what we pay xbl subscriptions for?
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 20:14
    Everything else is obtainable offline at least
  • Bishy UKBishy UK236,193
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 20:39
    Not that I can even get Scrabble here :( Probably would be the HFGN game I would play the most!

And lol at Tetris, it's not like it's an annual title! roll It's a perennial favourite and has been for years!! They best not shut it down on PS3, as I have it on there!
  • LGS I HitmanLGS I Hitman1,232,301
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 20:43
    Would have had to buy a ntsc console to get 1 achievement it's a waste really.
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 20:46
    Bishy UK said:
    Not that I can even get Scrabble here :( Probably would be the HFGN game I would play the most!

And lol at Tetris, it's not like it's an annual title! roll It's a perennial favourite and has been for years!! They best not shut it down on PS3, as I have it on there!
    I can safely say that im expecting Tetris to be EA biggest shutdown this year,

jk.
    100% Red Dead Redemption 100% L.A Noire
  • AldangaAldanga330,575
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 20:57, Edited on 30 April 12 at 20:58 by Aldanga
    Stupid Dex said:
    This is a sad sad day. I play Yahtzee almost every night with a friend. Why can't Microsoft host the servers themselves? Or make it p2p. Isn't online play what we pay xbl subscriptions for?
    They can, but EA always wants to host their own servers for some reason.

Also, I just bought Scrabble a couple of days ago for full price. EA, I am disappoint.
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 21:44
    Electronic Farts.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude715,886
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 22:16
    Goodbye HFGN. :(
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your life."
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 22:52
    If you don't like how ea do things don't buy there products.....I do agree they are a bunch of fuckers for server closures and such. but they have the power when you buy a game and read the small print that says online features can be withdrawn with 30 days notice. Does anyone know the costs involved in keeping servers alive? And how much that offsets game profits/online pass purchases?
    I love the word Troll.....its so much nicer than "your a Cunt"
  • Scoochi2Scoochi2291,075
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 22:56, Edited on 30 April 12 at 22:57 by Scoochi2
    Toots McCleggan said:
    Does anyone know the costs involved in keeping servers alive? And how much that offsets game profits/online pass purchases?
    How much does it cost not to host servers yourself and just let Microsoft host them like most others do?
    Moreso if you're gonna bitch about it and shut down the servers on a very frequent basis. warning

Also, would it be cheaper to shut the servers down with *no* notice and just patch the games to use the Mircosoft servers then, rather than leaving them up costing money for at least another month?
    Lif is too short.
  • NitrousSpeedNitrousSpeed751,244
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 23:00
    MechaHertz said:
    Am I blind or did they remove Yatzhee? I know I bought it (might have been on US account), but I can't find it anymore on my game. I have the unlock on xbox, and tried redownloading but can't I have been looking on marketplace on xbox.com, but can't find it. Anyone know or am I just blind?
    They still have Yahtzee on the marketplace along with the other game add ons for Hasbro Family Game Night
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.