Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Voice Studio App Released for Kinect [US ONLY]

• MatrarchMatrarch1,397,584
    Posted on 13 March 12 at 23:17
    Fifty easy gamerscore for helping Microsoft test things

Some of you may have noticed people on your feeds popping achievements in something called Voice Studio. What is it you ask? Voice Studio is an app that functions for Microsoft testing, much like last year's Xbox LIVE Labs. This time around, they're testing the Kinect's voice recognition, so you'll obviously need a Kinect to use this App. As anyone who has played Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, only to say 'hello' to someone thus inexplicably tossing a grenade and killing your co-op buddy in the process can attest to, this needs to be tested, so the more people that get in on this, the better that recognition will be (and the less your co-op buddies will get killed).

You can download Voice Studio from the dashboard. It will ask you to say hundreds of phrases over eight "tracks" and... that's pretty much it. It contains four achievements worth 50G, as well as avatar awards. It appears to only be available from the US Dashboard at the moment, though we'll let you know if it becomes available elsewhere.

Credit goes to Von Krauser for this story
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,323,444
    Posted on 13 March 12 at 23:18
    Lets hope it will come to the rest of the world too. Will this count as a completed game too?:P
  • MILINKYOMILINKYO1,553,588
    Posted on 13 March 12 at 23:22
    Ive got a US account so im good, fun labs never came out in uk neither so i wouldnt hold my breath
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,202,309
    Posted on 13 March 12 at 23:28
    I would help if it was on the Canadian dash.
  • Wanderer128Wanderer128203,420 203,420 GamerScore
    Posted on 13 March 12 at 23:29
    The download link on the US website isn't showing up for me.
    And I literally just downloaded Musical Feet for the Kinect from my computer...

I'll have to get on my xbox tonight and download it through there.
    Wanderer128
  • Posted on 13 March 12 at 23:30
    ROBBERT DHT said:
    Lets hope it will come to the rest of the world too. Will this count as a completed game too?:P
    Yerp
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • Ariose999Ariose999615,402
    Posted on 13 March 12 at 23:35
    This app is translated into Dutch. ;)
  • Posted on 13 March 12 at 23:40
    in case anyone can't find it, it's under the "Social Apps" section of the "Social" tab on the dashboard.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 March 12 at 23:44
    Will download this in the near future! Thanks for the heads up!
    ~ DJ ~
  • minus15Tminus15T314,035
    Posted on 13 March 12 at 23:51
    MILINKYO said:
    Ive got a US account so im good, fun labs never came out in uk neither so i wouldnt hold my breath
    funlabs is out and working perfectly fine in the UK....
  • Posted on 14 March 12 at 00:13
    All for improvements, will DL tomorrow.... maybe
    You've been trololololol'ed.
  • Random79Random79152,630
    Posted on 14 March 12 at 00:23
    cant find it on xbox.com guess ill try the dashboard later
  • KinkimonoKinkimono612,348
    Posted on 14 March 12 at 00:24
    Got this on a US account and works fine on my EU account. I think they will release it outside US as well cause they had alot of region specific settings for Sweden.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,177,155
    Posted on 14 March 12 at 00:34
    Right...telling my partner hello and then throwing a grenade that killed him was an "accident", due to the Kinect sensor. Don't know why he didn't believe me.
    I miss the good old days of WW2 Call of Duty
  • BeachemBeachem504,395
    Posted on 14 March 12 at 00:36
    Just completed it and it took quite awhile and got boring but at least it was an extremely easy 50G and completion. Some of the things they had you say were so bizarre lol. Hope my input helps Microsoft improve the voice functionality in Kinect.
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye191,549
    Posted on 14 March 12 at 00:39
    Tainted Spudz said:
    in case anyone can't find it, it's under the "Social Apps" section of the "Social" tab on the dashboard.
    Thanks! Saved me alot of time groping around the dashboard
  • fdhrecordsfdhrecords126,096
    Posted on 14 March 12 at 00:46
    sweet always down for a free 50 gamer score
  • TempeauTempeau191,560
    Posted on 14 March 12 at 01:04, Edited on 14 March 12 at 01:04 by Tempeau
    Odd that this is US-only. You'd think if there's one thing that absolutely requires worldwide testing it's voice recognition.
  • PetrifiedPetrified1,290,124
    Posted on 14 March 12 at 01:13
    I will download it like I have the others for that 1 day when I decide to break down and buy a kinect
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty690,362
    Posted on 14 March 12 at 01:17
    Can't you just pretend you are american and speak in a texan drawl to get the 50 GS? No? Bugger. Or should that be goddamn.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.