Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Announces Joy Ride Turbo

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 April 12 at 22:51, Edited on 30 April 12 at 22:57 by Permalink
    So this is the original avatar joyride we were promised but a sequel which is the one we should have originally got in which kinect functionality wasn't intended as it was advertised as a free game... needless to say that seing as they edited the first screenshot from the first reveal of this by changing the name i hope we get the original Joy ride game planned as the sequel to the game that this should have originaly been but isn't but now hopefuly will be however not going to be as good nor free as originally said about the origianl one this was supposed to be.

The curveball blows my brain.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQlISW4lM5Y for those who don't belive me.
  • litepinklitepink287,828
  • Barad 007Barad 007755,740
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 22:53Permalink
    Well this is a surprise..
    Battlefield 3 Gamer !
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 23:04Permalink
    Its not like it could get any worse.
  • AhayzoAhayzo556,718
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 23:08Permalink
    I could understand naming a game Kinect if Kinect was optional. But no Kinect functionality whatsoever? Normally I would say it was a cash grab on the name but... well Kinect Joy Ride was bad. Like, TMNT bad.
  • NBA KirklandNBA Kirkland1,089,375
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 23:16Permalink
    I wouldn't get too upset about it not being free any more. I believe it was originally intended to have micro-transactions and who knows how that would have turned out. Hopefully with the extra time they deliver an improved product.
  • JamP0undJamP0und131,134 131,134 GamerScore
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 23:30Permalink
    NBA Kirkland said:
    I am glad to see MS is finally righting the wrong that was switching Joy Ride to a $50 retail Kinect game. Now if they would just bring back 1 vs. 100 all will be forgiven. :-)
    I don't think they'll ever bring back 1v100, it's not even on tv anymore is it?
  • DonutDonut653,949
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 23:33Permalink
    Hooray for returning to the original idea!
  • adiash73adiash73784,807
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 23:35Permalink
    This game is going to be a low low priority, but it will get played.

There are a whole heap of arcade racers in the pipeline, some look better, others a bit more suspect.

I'll wait and see what the feedback's like on it and hope for a DOTW
    Check out my YouTube Channel for Vlogs, Reviews and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiash73
  • DhyphoonDhyphoon26,181
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 23:35Permalink
    Finally! The fact it isnt kinect im glad. I had traded in my kinect version time ago because I thoroughly hated it.
  • Posted on 30 April 12 at 23:35Permalink
    Ok this was suppose to be a free game ages ago before the kinect was released. This should be free to make up for that.
    Play for Achievements` but still play games for fun also, As not to take it too seriously.Mix it up
    Posted on 30 April 12 at 23:37Permalink
    JamP0und32 said:
    NBA Kirkland said:
    I am glad to see MS is finally righting the wrong that was switching Joy Ride to a $50 retail Kinect game. Now if they would just bring back 1 vs. 100 all will be forgiven. :-)
    I don't think they'll ever bring back 1v100, it's not even on tv anymore is it?
    I agree. Just wishful thinking. Perhaps they can bring back their "Primetime" concept.
    I'm 99% sure the show is not on TV anymore.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 April 12 at 23:57Permalink
    It looks quite fun so I may eventually get it.
    If the price is 800msp though I will definitely have to consider the reviews before a purchase.
    My Xbox brings all the girls to the yard.
  • Loch DounLoch Doun227,555
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 00:19, Edited on 01 May 12 at 00:19 by Loch DounPermalink
    Anyone else getting a Looney Toons Roadrunner vibe from the screenshots?
    I like it.
  • MatrarchMatrarch931,066
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 00:25Permalink
    Funny you say that. The second and last screens in particular definitely gave me a warner bros. vibe!
    Newshound Manager - PM me with any questions or concerns! || Twitter: TA_Matrarch
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 May 12 at 00:30Permalink
    Microsoft releases: Joyride Backtrack

(ie the game everyone wanted before they used it to try and push Kinect).
  • Posted on 01 May 12 at 00:33Permalink
    this just made me LMAO...

so this is how it was supposed to be in the first place (if you omit the fact it'll be 800 msp)

I was "joy riding" few hours ago just to see If I could unlock some avatard stuff before I got mad about the imprecise controls and then I came here and read this.

ah, the irony...
  • Loch DounLoch Doun227,555
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 00:46, Edited on 01 May 12 at 00:46 by Loch DounPermalink
    To clarify: the game was never gonna be "free", just "f2p".
    Which means to unlock achievements (and have more than 1 track/1 car) you would need to buy tracks and cars individually.
    Paying 800 points for everything upfront is much, much better and a lot cheaper in the long run.
  • UbiShinnUbiShinn34,275
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 00:51Permalink
    Does the game use your xbox avatar?
    "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted"
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.