Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Announces Joy Ride Turbo

• Posted on 01 May 12 at 01:09Permalink
    Make it free...you know, like you said it would be, pre-Kinect.
  • grex9101grex9101258,456
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 01:31Permalink
    Kinect is fucking pish and people who like it are:
    a) grannies
    b) children
    c) retards

Seriously, I wish it would fuck off and die. angry
  • Posted on 01 May 12 at 02:03Permalink
    Hopefully this will be free. It would be nice especially because I looked forward to it when they announced the free one but I thought it was terrible when playing on the kinect game. However, I bet it will not be free.
  • AhayzoAhayzo556,762
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 02:13Permalink
    theoneandonly99 said:
    Hopefully this will be free. It would be nice especially because I looked forward to it when they announced the free one but I thought it was terrible when playing on the kinect game. However, I bet it will not be free.
    Confirmed @800 MSP
  • Posted on 01 May 12 at 02:17Permalink
    this better be free,we were told we were getting a xbla joyride game for FREE
  • Otouto72Otouto72820,658
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 02:27Permalink
    If it's not Kinect I am so game with this!
  • Posted on 01 May 12 at 03:05Permalink
    I'll be honest, I never saw it coming.
    I wish Raccoon City's campaign matchmaking wasn't so bad
  • Nekro NekoNekro Neko377,460
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 03:17Permalink
    Where's my free Joyride at?
    www.cyberscore.me.uk
  • Max SimmaMax Simma348,728
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 03:27Permalink
    AntaraelDulacre said:
    So...where is my free Joy Ride as they promised us...?
    +1
  • PetrifiedPetrified916,624
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 03:39Permalink
    It should be free like it was supposed to be forever ago
  • IansLuckIansLuck185,756
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 04:18Permalink
    Sooooo happy that Microsoft is releasing this game HOW THEY ORIGINALLY ANNOUNCED IT. Awesome! Possible day one buy for me. smile
    Happy gaming!!!
  • Posted on 01 May 12 at 05:17Permalink
    JamP0und32 said:
    I don't think they'll ever bring back 1v100, it's not even on tv anymore is it?
    IIRC, the show was canceled before the game's debut on Xbox Live.
    "The universe is change, life is opinion." - Marcus Aurelius
  • AhayzoAhayzo556,762
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 05:27Permalink
    Zoku Gojira said:
    JamP0und32 said:
    I don't think they'll ever bring back 1v100, it's not even on tv anymore is it?
    IIRC, the show was canceled before the game's debut on Xbox Live.
    No it was still on TV when the game debuted. It was canceled before the game though. It was actually licensing reasons that canceled the game, which makes sense when the game isn't even on TV anymore. The original plan was to have a second season, with it's own achievements (similar to Full House Poker). What most people don't realize is that, while they want it to come back so they could finish it, the next season was already confirmed to have achievements of it's own, and the season 1 achievements would be unobtainable.
  • BeachemBeachem229,922
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 06:47Permalink
    I love games that allow you to use your avatar. I'll have to check this out!
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • Posted on 01 May 12 at 08:04Permalink
    Loch Doun said:
    To clarify: the game was never gonna be "free", just "f2p".
    Which means to unlock achievements (and have more than 1 track/1 car) you would need to buy tracks and cars individually.
    Paying 800 points for everything upfront is much, much better and a lot cheaper in the long run.
    It is amazing how many people forgot that this was going to be a micro transaction game from the start.
  • Posted on 01 May 12 at 08:21Permalink
    Not really sure what to say to this actually. Well I didn't see it coming, that's for sure!
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Posted on 01 May 12 at 08:54Permalink
    Kravex Ectar said:
    Loch Doun said:
    To clarify: the game was never gonna be "free", just "f2p".
    Which means to unlock achievements (and have more than 1 track/1 car) you would need to buy tracks and cars individually.
    Paying 800 points for everything upfront is much, much better and a lot cheaper in the long run.
    It is amazing how many people forgot that this was going to be a micro transaction game from the start.
    That is wrong. When first announced it was to be totally free so that they could push there avatar thing,items would be unlocked via the game and buy able in the dash board. You could 100% the game without having to pay a penny just like dash of destruction, crash course, etc
  • Posted on 01 May 12 at 09:20Permalink
    This will be BAD.
  • Posted on 01 May 12 at 09:35Permalink
    This better be free then... Like they promised us!
  • KoboroverKoborover238,806
    Posted on 01 May 12 at 10:49Permalink
    • Race your friends in local 4-player split-screen or compete with up to 8 on Xbox LIVE.

Please not another racing game that lacks the function to bring local split-screen players with you online (as "Guests"). It seems a lot of developers don't know the 360 can actually do this, it would be hilarious if even Microsoft Studios forgot.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.