Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Sales & Specials+: Week of August 28th, 2012

• Carmona25Carmona25556,390
    Posted on 28 August 12 at 23:08
    How does this work? DR2: Case Zero still shows as 400 MSP.
  • dancrozierdancrozier383,213
    Posted on 28 August 12 at 23:26
    I may get the rapture pack for Bioshock 2 as that is the last DLC I need for that game but reluctant to pay the 400 when they are selling the superb Mineva's den for 200.
  • Watty8883Watty88832,164,632
    Posted on 28 August 12 at 23:27
    ROBBERT DHT said:
    What makes the UK more important then the rest of Europe I wonder...
    Mesmile .On topic I thought Case West was the same price as Zero.Is there more to that campaign ?
  • LoneSt4r1836LoneSt4r1836542,764
    Posted on 28 August 12 at 23:41, Edited on 28 August 12 at 23:46 by LoneSt4r1836
    L4D II JoK3r said:
    There are no achievements tied to the "Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack" anyone know what it's for?
    It's worthless unless you like playing the multiplayer just to play it. Adds weapon upgrades, trials, masks, and characters. Plus you're just paying to unlock these things that are already on the game disc.

It forces you to buy it in the chain thus the "great deal" for Minerva's Den isn't so great after all since that could usually be bought half price in other sales.

I picked up Case Zero. Have had DR2 collecting dust for nearly a year so now's as good a time as any to start it.
  • HanxHanx1,051,820
    Posted on 28 August 12 at 23:42
    Benchem said:
    I've heard it's a good game, but is Plants Vs Zombies worth it for 600MSP?
    No it's rubbish.
  • Posted on 28 August 12 at 23:46
    ROBBERT DHT said:
    What makes the UK more important then the rest of Europe I wonder...
    It's home to the most recent empire and is the second highest total GDP european economy after Germany?. laugh

Also, UK is the only english speaking country in Europe. The yanks speak English, there's an affinity through a shared language, it's easier to do business.

Just throwing some ideas around! smile
    My gaming related views, reviews, articles: http://dablackalbino.com/
  • InterceptorXInterceptorX213,060
    Posted on 28 August 12 at 23:47
    L4D II JoK3r said:
    Can't find the app in the app marketplace... damn it!
    On my main dashboard I had to go to the games tab, click on the upper right little square it says "sales and specials" and shows a maiden of some sorts. Once inside that, it's the third slide of the second large square.

I had a hell of a time finding it. There may be a simpler way, but that's how I did it.
  • SyntrSyntr308,833
    Posted on 28 August 12 at 23:50, Edited on 28 August 12 at 23:52 by Syntr
    Dead rising? ew the while time limit thing killed that game. You have only so many real world hours but we're going to take 6 hours every time you see a load screen.
  • L4D II JoK3rL4D II JoK3r272,943 272,943 GamerScore
    Posted on 28 August 12 at 23:59
    InterceptorX said:
    L4D II JoK3r said:
    On my main dashboard I had to go to the games tab, click on the upper right little square it says "sales and specials" and shows a maiden of some sorts. Once inside that, it's the third slide of the second large square.

I had a hell of a time finding it. There may be a simpler way, but that's how I did it.
    Followed your instructions to the letter, still can't find it. Also it's not under anything in the apps marketplace for me. Will send the support team a tweet, if that doesn't work I'll phone them up and ask them to add it to my download queue.
  • Posted on 29 August 12 at 00:03
    Nothing for me this week.
    Sincerely, Your Dread Lord CyberSkull
  • InterceptorXInterceptorX213,060
    Posted on 29 August 12 at 00:04
    I've purchased,but have yet to play Case:West. With that said, I'll say that I'm glad that Chuck was the hero of the real version of DR2. At first I wanted Frank West and didn't care for the Father trying to keep his kid alive character, but by the end, he grew on me. I didn't like or see much to relate to in Frank's character at first either, but now he's one of my favorites. I definitely hope they team up or play a major role for the third one.
  • Lefty24Lefty24719,751
    Posted on 29 August 12 at 00:23
    L4D II JoK3r said:
    InterceptorX said:
    L4D II JoK3r said:

Followed your instructions to the letter, still can't find it. Also it's not under anything in the apps marketplace for me. Will send the support team a tweet, if that doesn't work I'll phone them up and ask them to add it to my download queue.
    Use the bing search bar. type in sale and specials. It'll show up. Thats how I found the app a few weeks ago when I needed it.
  • XonatronXonatron180,646
    Posted on 29 August 12 at 00:53
    Not in Canada?! Boo...
    Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
  • Posted on 29 August 12 at 01:11
    Case Zero deal of the decade.
  • Posted on 29 August 12 at 01:19
    Lol I already bought Case: Zero about a year ago for 200msp.... Still haven't played it laugh
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
  • Drummin003Drummin003142,565
    Posted on 29 August 12 at 02:10
    Minerva's Den is a must for any Bioshock fan and Protector Trials is quite fun and there are a few that provide a pretty good challenge.
    Per Audacia Ad Astra
  • DxTrixterzDxTrixterz60,693
    Posted on 29 August 12 at 02:11
    DR2: Case Zero 200 msp and Case West 400 msp = WIN.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 August 12 at 02:28
    Thats strange . . . because I've just bought all four DLC's for LA Noire for 50% off. Its a Rockstar sale on my dashboard. Also there was a Zombie sale last year and I bought Zombie Apocalypse and Plants Vs Zombies then. Why cant they do a Post-Apocalyptic sale so I can get my Fallout New Vegas DLC for half price?
    Looking forward to finally starting LA Noire though and £4 for all DLC packs sounds fair.
    Join 'True Completion Percentage' & 'True TA Ratio' Leaderboards if you've started 100 games
  • Posted on 29 August 12 at 02:42
    I already have everything except for DR2: Case West. May have to pick that up.

The Chain Reaction is still a good deal, all Bioshock 2 DLC for only 1000 msp.
  • Posted on 29 August 12 at 03:53
    Might pick up Dead Rising 2: Case West for 400 MSP. I have Case Zero complete, and own Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2, haven't played either yet! >.<
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.