Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden 13 Kicks Off With Two Launch Trailers

• Posted on 29 August 12 at 20:57
    It's the most wonderful time of the year

For football fans, the end of August is always one of the most exciting times of the year. The next 20 or so weeks become appointment television as fanatics gather around to watch their favorite teams and fantasy players perform. Another great part of football season is getting to create your own stories with Madden. This year, https://www.trueachievements.com/Madden-NFL-13-xbox-360.htm allows for user-created storytelling more so than ever before with their two biggest game modes: Ultimate Team, which blends addictive card collecting with fantasy sports, and the all-new Connected Careers mode, a revamping of everything Madden has ever been. They're both on display in this pair of launch trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=birCB4Vxs6g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7NhFMTp-_Y

Madden NFL 13 is out now in North America. It'll tackle stores elsewhere this Friday, the 31st.
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety2,128,951
    Posted on 29 August 12 at 21:10
    It's honestly awful this year. I don't really have anything positive to say, outside of leading your passes. The rest of the game is a mess.
    Nothing is true - everything is permitted.
  • Posted on 29 August 12 at 21:14
    xDAx AWESOME said:
    It's honestly awful this year. I don't really have anything positive to say, outside of leading your passes. The rest of the game is a mess.
    Hmm. I disagree. I think it's the best Madden released for the 360.
  • AlapapaAlapapa332,499
    Posted on 29 August 12 at 21:33
    SSD-Year... but if you are a fan, enjoy.. :)
    Posted on 29 August 12 at 21:41
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    xDAx AWESOME said:
    I'd be curious as to why? I mean I could go on all day about what I dislike, but for starters, how about the fact that the running game was completely butchered? You try to go between the blocks and you stumble and fall when you barely touch anything. Watching replays you'll see tackles that make absolutely no sense, not the mention how hilarious the new physics engine is. Players falling over each other after whistles in big glitchy piles... I don't know. I like what they've done with the passing game, but they've ruined a lot of other aspects of the game. Connected careers is obnoxious too.
  • Posted on 29 August 12 at 22:02
    xDAx AWESOME said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    xDAx AWESOME said:
    I'd be curious as to why? I mean I could go on all day about what I dislike, but for starters, how about the fact that the running game was completely butchered? You try to go between the blocks and you stumble and fall when you barely touch anything. Watching replays you'll see tackles that make absolutely no sense, not the mention how hilarious the new physics engine is. Players falling over each other after whistles in big glitchy piles... I don't know. I like what they've done with the passing game, but they've ruined a lot of other aspects of the game. Connected careers is obnoxious too.
    Try turning the Auto-Sprint and Auto-Strafe off. Juke through the holes. I don't have a problem running 100+ yds a game up the middle with Steven Jackson and about 50+ on the outside with Isaiah Pead.

As for Connected Careers, it's the first installment of it so yeah it's a little obnoxious but it's still good. I don't like the achievements for specific positions but oh well.

MUT got a reboot and it's nice. Really enjoying it.

As far as the glitchy piles, it's a new engine and I think it's hilarious at times. It isn't game breaking what so ever.

I'm on N0T PENNYS B0AT's side in saying it's the best Madden on the 360.
    Posted on 29 August 12 at 22:10
    biggerballblat said:
    xDAx AWESOME said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    xDAx AWESOME said:
    Try turning the Auto-Sprint and Auto-Strafe off. Juke through the holes. I don't have a problem running 100+ yds a game up the middle with Steven Jackson and about 50+ on the outside with Isaiah Pead.

As for Connected Careers, it's the first installment of it so yeah it's a little obnoxious but it's still good. I don't like the achievements for specific positions but oh well.

MUT got a reboot and it's nice. Really enjoying it.

As far as the glitchy piles, it's a new engine and I think it's hilarious at times. It isn't game breaking what so ever.

I'm on N0T PENNYS B0AT's side in saying it's the best Madden on the 360.
    I have both of them off, but it doesn't make much of a difference. The running game, while it wasn't perfect before, is worse now. I have no issue running for 100 yards, but only specific runs work.

What exactly is good about Connected Careers that couldn't have been done separately? If you ask me, it was a large waste of development time. It's not like it revolutionizes the play experience. If anything, it makes it a bit more annoying getting to exactly what you want to get to. It's an awful design.. anything made for the purpose of "connecting things" and really doing the opposite is dumb.

MUT is alright. I love being able to pick a player to build around. I'm not one for the grind of MUT, though. I much prefer it in the NHL games, but that's just preference.

I don't know. I'm not normally the kind of person who gets mad on yearly releases and complains about the lack of changes, I can generally see them and appreciate them. I just don't think anything outside of the passing game can really be appreciated this year. Especially the CC achievements...
  • Posted on 29 August 12 at 22:11
    dam i will be getting madden after really taking a few yrs off from it and so far word from da streets is that madden 13 is that GAME TO GET
  • SanadaSanada738,552
    Posted on 29 August 12 at 22:34
    xDAx AWESOME said:
    Unless you're a pro player who uses some sort of tactics a casual player like myself wouldn't know was ruined, I can't say I understand why. Personally enjoyed the demo quite a bit. Though from your other posts it seems you have more of a problem with game modes than gameplay. Aside from All-Madden difficulty being able to shake off just about every defender which is nothing knew I didn't find anything too rage inducing.

Black Friday this will most likely be picked up, usually good deals right around then.
    I may or may not have been Izuna Dropped on my head as a child.
  • Posted on 29 August 12 at 22:43
    Compared to last year its 100x more playable. Superstar mode last year was a complete debacle..Lets face it starting day one even if you we're 20 points lower then your next teammate. The passing and pass blocking we're god awful even with good slider sets and lets face it...EXP gain in M12 was random and was useless...QB's getting exp for interceptions or forced fumbles?

I don't think I've been excited for a madden in a long time this is a first. If I had to chose between M12 and M13... M13 all day...
  • ixOWNxAGExiixOWNxAGExi715,867
    Posted on 29 August 12 at 23:25
    Waiting for this to come from my gamefly already
    The need to re-achieve. Redemption at its best.
  • Posted on 30 August 12 at 00:26
    Picking up Friday!...

For all of the haters out there... If you're not a Madden fan, don't buy the game. Find something better to do with your time other than wasting it complaining on here. Those of us who are fans through the good AND bad are gonna buy it and enjoy it anyway. Just sayin'...
  • Posted on 30 August 12 at 00:56
    xDAx AWESOME said:
    I'd be curious as to why
    Pros:
    - Presentation and commentary
    - Connected careers introduces unprecedented depth with the XP system, more realistic team activity schedule, deeper scouting, etc.
    - Infinity Engine is long overdue, even if the post-play collapses range from comical to buggy.
    - Relive careers of legends.
    - Kicking returns to an RS mechanic, rather than the A button, which is too arcadey in my opinion.

Cons:
    - Too many sponsors/product placement again, just like a few years ago
    - UI is ugly
    - Ultimate Team is becoming the primary focus, seemingly
    - Achievement list is painful

As you can see, in my opinion, most cons are not gameplay related, and I find the on the field action to be the best it ever has been, and I've played Madden for about 15 years now.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 August 12 at 02:33
    Got it. Played it. Very good so far. Cant wait for the future of Madden.
  • Posted on 30 August 12 at 03:02
    OMG looks really nice !
  • Posted on 30 August 12 at 03:38
    No franchise mode ruins it for me, that and superstar mode would be what I would play Madden for. How they could take out franchise mode is ridiculous. Thats like taking out guns for a fps. (ok, maybe not that extreme, but you get the point)
    The Gutless Wonder "Try not to understand anything I'm saying and it'll all make sense"
  • E 5TREETE 5TREET417,478
    Posted on 30 August 12 at 05:17
    IGutlessIWonder said:
    No franchise mode ruins it for me, that and superstar mode would be what I would play Madden for. How they could take out franchise mode is ridiculous. Thats like taking out guns for a fps. (ok, maybe not that extreme, but you get the point)
    There is franchise mode !!!! Just play created careers as a head coach, it is the exact same thing but with a different title.
  • Matt DB87Matt DB871,873,782
    Posted on 30 August 12 at 11:17
    It's not bad. Fluid movements of players and great kinect voice recognition. Faces are very detailed as well
    JP & PAL games for Sale! Top-Rated Seller! Worldwide ship & Best Offers! More to come! http://tinyur
    Posted on 30 August 12 at 13:59
    Mister Mxyzptlk said:
    Picking up Friday!...

For all of the haters out there... If you're not a Madden fan, don't buy the game. Find something better to do with your time other than wasting it complaining on here. Those of us who are fans through the good AND bad are gonna buy it and enjoy it anyway. Just sayin'...
    I'm not a "hater"... I play the game every year, and look forward to it every year. I guess I am just not as forgivable as everyone else talking about it.

This is the 8TH Madden on the 360... think about that for a second. The fact they haven't perfected it at this point is an embarrassment to this industry. They clearly are too comfortable in their job positions. If you have eight times to get it to as good as it is going to get, I would expect that you'd be able to do it. Not fix one thing and ruin another EVERY TIME.

They need to skip just one year, so bad.
    Posted on 30 August 12 at 14:06
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    xDAx AWESOME said:
    I'd be curious as to why
    Pros:
    - Presentation and commentary
    - Connected careers introduces unprecedented depth with the XP system, more realistic team activity schedule, deeper scouting, etc.
    - Infinity Engine is long overdue, even if the post-play collapses range from comical to buggy.
    - Relive careers of legends.
    - Kicking returns to an RS mechanic, rather than the A button, which is too arcadey in my opinion.

Cons:
    - Too many sponsors/product placement again, just like a few years ago
    - UI is ugly
    - Ultimate Team is becoming the primary focus, seemingly
    - Achievement list is painful

As you can see, in my opinion, most cons are not gameplay related, and I find the on the field action to be the best it ever has been, and I've played Madden for about 15 years now.
    I have also been playing Madden since it came out... and while some things are a bit better this year, some are not. This is the 8th Madden on the 360... it's a joke there is still stuff to complain about. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree... the Connected Careers brings none of what you just said. It complicates the separation of game modes for absolutely no reason. It doesn't make anything better than it would have been if they were singular modes. Instead you have to dig through menus to get to what you want, and for the most part, features that have existed in each game mode are cut to make CC work more fluidly.

As far as the XP system... so, a menu where you select what you'd like to add one attribute to is revolutionary? To me it's cheap and boring. Oh well. I was just expecting it to push the game forward this year, and I don't think it did. That's all.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads