Game Discussion: Hasbro Family Game Night Forum

The EA server is unavailable at this time? WTF?

AuthorMessage

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 01 May 12 at 10:33
What happened here? I was planning to play online with a friend for Family Game Night when I see that everytime I enter Play via Xbox Live, a message says "The EA server is unavailable at this time." Who's responsible for this BS? Why is online no more? Well, it won't matter about my achievements since I have all 91 of them. Someone please explain this glitch for the EA server BS?shock
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 01 May 12 at 10:46
Um the online got shut down yesterday, ther were 2 news posts.
Hasbro Family Game Night Server Closure
Reminder: HFGN Servers Close Today

Sorry
Normality has resumed in the crazed mind of a nutjob

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 02 May 12 at 01:53
Why?
NoaAltwynn
NoaAltwynn
Posted on 02 May 12 at 03:01
Because EA feels they're special and bullied MS into letting them run their own servers for any of their online games. Because of this they can kill the servers whenever they want as long as they post a 30 day notice (It's in the ELUA).
I don't care what you believe in, just believe in it.
DakotaThrice
DakotaThrice
Posted on 02 May 12 at 08:45
I was gonna say "sucks to be you", but at least you've finished the game and wont get stuck with an unobtainable scrabble achievement.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 02 May 12 at 08:49
At least I got my World Wide Web achievement for that DLC game Scrabble before all this. I had all 91 achievements before the online is gone for this game.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 02 May 12 at 14:15
NoaAltwynn said:
Because EA feels they're special and bullied MS into letting them run their own servers for any of their online games. Because of this they can kill the servers whenever they want as long as they post a 30 day notice (It's in the ELUA).
Some of their games don't even require a 30 day notice unfortunately. As for bullying MS... not really, they just said "Hey, we're gonna host our own servers, OK?" MS: "Go for it". MS just didn't give a shit, they don't specifically try to get companies to use their servers.
Yodas Rest
Posted on 02 May 12 at 21:50
Yeah EA doesn't bully anything out MS. And plus if they host their own servers then that saves MS money or makes them money but it does not make them lose money that is for sure.
Jakeythedude
Jakeythedude
Posted on 03 May 12 at 06:53
Yeah, EA is helping Microsoft by hosting servers. Sadly Microsoft doesn't care that EA rapes us gamers
"Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.