Random Chat

Threads containing a topic that encourages repeated posting of updated responses.

Name that game.

• AllgorhythmAllgorhythm364,161
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 01:20Permalink
    I've become predictable. My last hint was guessed within minutes. So this is intended to be difficult. VERY difficult. At least one of you three has played the game. smile
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane664,324
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 11:29Permalink
    It wasn't me.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce838,855
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 11:30Permalink
    Have I played it?
    @ChewieOnIce | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 12:45Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Have I played it?
    It does not show up in your TA game library.
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 13:43Permalink
    Well poo
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,123,311
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 13:48Permalink
    SweetArkhane said:
    It wasn't me.
    My vote would be Bean, he plays all manner of odd stuff, usually about Peas!
    Legohead 1977
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,078,923
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 13:49Permalink
    Pea (P) stands for piss poor! angry

It'll probably be me who's played it so Al can make me look stupid. I can't remember what I played last week so it wouldn't be a hard task.
    I game therefore I glam.
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 13:52Permalink
    It's probably some fleeting backstory bollocks that I don't tend to take much notice of. Is one person in that picture more relevant? The boy looks vaguely familiar...
    I game therefore I glam.
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 14:17Permalink
    Beanpotter said:
    Pea (P) stands for piss poor! angry

It'll probably be me who's played it so Al can make me look stupid. I can't remember what I played last week so it wouldn't be a hard task.
    I confess to playing Awesome Pea. It helped me complete the 12 Days of Christmas challenge.

With over 600 completed games, I can see why you might have trouble remembering any one out of that impressive number. I'm into fun but not making fun of others. smile
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 14:24Permalink
    Beanpotter said:
    It's probably some fleeting backstory bollocks that I don't tend to take much notice of. Is one person in that picture more relevant? The boy looks vaguely familiar...
    It's time for some hints. This was intended to be a tough clue. Last time I posted, the game was guessed in 8 minutes. I intended to make it easy but, I admit, I did not expect that quick of a response. So, this clue intends to balance the ledger a little.

The girl is most relevant. The boy is almost as relevant. The parents are less relevant.

The picture is more than back story although it depicts the past. It is revealed at a critical part of the game but is not representative of the game as a whole. The game, like the picture, is drawn in animated style. However, there is a huge stylistic difference between the picture and the game. It is this stylistic difference that provides a dramatic twist when the picture is revealed in the game.
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 16:02Permalink
    I game therefore I glam.
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 18:16Permalink
    No, it's not MechaNika, but you're on the right track.
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 18:22, Edited on 23 May 20 at 18:23 by BeanpotterPermalink
    My Big Sister (I've not played Agatha Knife yet)
    I game therefore I glam.
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 18:28Permalink
    That’s on my tag so no
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 18:45Permalink
    Beanpotter said:
    My Big Sister (I've not played Agatha Knife yet)
    No, it's not My Big Sister. There is no big sister in this game. The girl in the picture is a little sister. She is the protagonist of the latter part of the game. Her brother is the protagonist at the beginning of the game. When the picture is revealed, the girl is the protagonist.
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 00:39Permalink
    Hmm, difficult. VERY difficult it appears. It should be obvious that the poster I alluded to as having played the game is Koding. I, too, have played the game.
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 07:16Permalink
    Wait, are you the Sorting Hat?

If it's Koding then my next guess is Lego game XXXVII
    I game therefore I glam.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,123,311
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 08:32Permalink
    He keeps highlighting difficult, VERY difficult, so I checked his games list, (Koding has played far too many), there are no really ludicrous ratios...so my next thought was that the title contained words meaning difficult, though I didn't see any...so I just plumped for a Japanese sounding game!

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo
    Legohead 1977
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane664,324
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 11:11Permalink
    Why have we to answer to riddles now^^

I thought it was just about guessing with the image! It seems like a Point'n'click, and I hate Point'n'clicks è_é
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 15:44Permalink
    Legohead 1977 said:
    He keeps highlighting difficult, VERY difficult, so I checked his games list, (Koding has played far too many), there are no really ludicrous ratios...so my next thought was that the title contained words meaning difficult, though I didn't see any...so I just plumped for a Japanese sounding game!

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo
    Yes, you are correct. My choice of the words difficult, VERY difficult was deliberate and the phrase is significant. But the phrase is not in the title. Moreover, the game, itself, is not difficult.

The hint was very difficult because it contained misdirection. However, in an early hint, I pointed out what the misdirection was.

The picture is more than back story although it depicts the past. It is revealed at a critical part of the game but is not representative of the game as a whole. The game, like the picture, is drawn in animated style. However, there is a huge stylistic difference between the picture and the game. It is this stylistic difference that provides a dramatic twist when the picture is revealed in the game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.