Game Discussion: Dragon Age: Origins Forum

EA server down

AuthorMessage
MattiasAnderson
Posted on 26 February 13 at 22:57, Edited on 26 February 13 at 23:16 by MattiasAnderson
I just keep getting now suddenly that EA server is not aviable anymore for this game.

Does this affect any achievements?

It might affect the ending achievement were you have to see 4 different endings and also the one for romance all charachters if its saved on a server instead of the profile within the game.
DakotaThrice
DakotaThrice
Posted on 27 February 13 at 09:22
It doesn't directly affect any achievements however it may prevent you accessing any pre-order/bonus items you've acquired and may also prevent access to/corrupt your saves if they already contain those items.

The main purpose of those EA servers is to track unlocks and acquire character date.
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 27 February 13 at 14:36
Are they confirmed as down?
DakotaThrice
DakotaThrice
Posted on 27 February 13 at 14:45
Unlikely, it's EA, they aren't exactly known for uninteruppted service
MattiasAnderson
Posted on 28 February 13 at 23:54
I read that this has happend time to time throughout the years. Its off and on time to time. lol Very strange!

So it doesnt really affect me then. I got all dlcs and have lot of progress.
But should not affect then.
Osirian08
Osirian08
Posted on 29 June 14 at 16:17
I've been getting this message all weekend and can't login to the dragon age servers.

Does anyone know if there is a problem?
Dritnul
Dritnul
Posted on 25 May 15 at 14:21, Edited on 12 June 15 at 22:19 by Dritnul
almost a year later and they are still down sometimes, but seem to be online most of the time. If you get an error it might be up the next day. Others have had some luck with router resets.

Edit: seems like maybe they do server maintenance sometime on tuesdays
trialia
trialia
Posted on 05 June 17 at 00:14
Hacked off. Servers seemed to be up when I started the game up, but half an hour later - after leaving it on the starting screen & going off to deal with a late-arriving guest - the dratted things are down again. And my DLC seems to be loading up in the wrong order, for some reason x_x; so selecting one shows the data for the next, etc. Nuisance. *sigh*
~ Tria http://unfaithful-mirror.net
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.