Game Discussion: Doritos Crash Course 2 Forum

glitched/unobtainable/buggy achievements (whatever the f*** you wanna call them)

AuthorMessage
Lavindathar
1,300,028
Lavindathar
Posted on 17 May 13 at 19:19, Edited on 17 May 13 at 19:21 by Lavindathar
No, skill and time don't factor. An achievement can be come unobtainable when the game bugs, making it impossible to get ever again. I.e - bugs out, data stored server side, you can never unlock on that profile without modding.

That's now an unobtainable. Not for everyone, but for him.

It's the same principle as achievements where servers are turned off, they were obtainable, servers off, now impossible to ever get.

Whether deliberate or bugged, if it's impossible, it's an unobtainable.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 May 13 at 19:22
Boots Orion said:
Lavindathar said:
DakotaThrice said:
Unobtainable is an absolute, you said it yourself, it's buggy. If it was unobtainable then no-one would have it and anyone who did would have had to cheat in order to do so.
I personally disagree with you. A bugs are it unobtainable for him. Therefore, he can class it as unobtainable. It means he will never be able to get it.
Well if that's all unobtainable means, then I have plenty of unobtainables. I just don't have the time or skill to get many that are in games on my tag.

Dakota, while completely unhelpful and douchebaggy in his retorts, is also completely correct. These achievements are currently buggy, but not unobtainable. It's not Frito Lays' fault if people have shoddy internet connections.
Honestly, it's not even a buggy achievement. It's just a server failing at the wrong time, nothing wrong with the achievement and unlocking in itself but just a bad moment for the server to shut down.

Have you tried deleting the game, clearing your cache and installing the game again? That works out for most games, however it did not for Crash Course 1 because progress for each player is stored online and downloaded alongside the game as you redownload it.
"Booyah" - Jeff Winger
Lavindathar
1,300,028
Lavindathar
Posted on 17 May 13 at 19:36
Regardless of the cause, the outcome is the same? If its truly impossible to unlock, like he says....

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 May 13 at 19:43, Edited on 17 May 13 at 19:45 by
Lavindathar said:
Regardless of the cause, the outcome is the same? If its truly impossible to unlock, like he says....
In my opinion (let me stress that part first); unobtainable means unobtainable for each and every gamer - an achievement that is impossible to get for everyone (instead of becoming impossible after a fault, like this one or for me and others the japan achievements in DCC1 when you install the DLC too soon). Buggy means there's something wrong with the achievement(-s occasional lack of) unlocking. Since this is not even the achievement failing to unlock at the supposed time, but an unfortunately timed server disconnect (which would, as it seems, be able to block each and every achievement), I wouldn't even call the achievement buggy, it's just a bad internet connection (or a buggy game but I get the impression that it's the internet connection at fault here, I and many with me were able to play and complete the game without a single disconnect).

I'm just talking semantics, really. This kind of problem is a huge bummer no matter what you call it, and I hope he will find a solution for this. I'm just saying "unobtainable achievement" or even "buggy achievement" is not the correct term for this kind of problem.
"Booyah" - Jeff Winger
Lavindathar
1,300,028
Lavindathar
Posted on 17 May 13 at 19:45, Edited on 17 May 13 at 19:46 by Lavindathar
As you said, it's semantics t the edit the day. I class unobtainable as any achievement that is then impossible to unlock without modding, regardless of cause.

They don't start as unobtainable, but become unobtainable for that individual.
ChadMarc
606,508
ChadMarc
Posted on 17 May 13 at 20:12
Billy Horrible said:
Boots Orion said:
Lavindathar said:
DakotaThrice said:
Unobtainable is an absolute, you said it yourself, it's buggy. If it was unobtainable then no-one would have it and anyone who did would have had to cheat in order to do so.
I personally disagree with you. A bugs are it unobtainable for him. Therefore, he can class it as unobtainable. It means he will never be able to get it.
Well if that's all unobtainable means, then I have plenty of unobtainables. I just don't have the time or skill to get many that are in games on my tag.

Dakota, while completely unhelpful and douchebaggy in his retorts, is also completely correct. These achievements are currently buggy, but not unobtainable. It's not Frito Lays' fault if people have shoddy internet connections.
Honestly, it's not even a buggy achievement. It's just a server failing at the wrong time, nothing wrong with the achievement and unlocking in itself but just a bad moment for the server to shut down.

Have you tried deleting the game, clearing your cache and installing the game again? That works out for most games, however it did not for Crash Course 1 because progress for each player is stored online and downloaded alongside the game as you redownload it.
if that's the case could you not play cc1 offline on a friends console without the dlc installed?
Lavindathar
1,300,028
Lavindathar
Posted on 17 May 13 at 20:21, Edited on 17 May 13 at 20:21 by Lavindathar
Sure, as long as you never loaded your save with the DLC installed I guess. Once that's done, your ruined.

You can do it on your own console if you never had the DLC patch.
TOBY 1K NO BE
684,030
TOBY 1K NO BE
Posted on 17 May 13 at 20:26
I hate to do this but...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/unobtainable

There is nothing I can do to unlock this achievement, therefore for me personally this achievement is unobtainable. Maybe not everyone else, but for me it's fucked.

There seems to be a temporary fix for people who have not unlocked all split paths yet. Which is to unlock the 5th track split path first, it will then disconnect you, then log back in and proceed to unlock the others in any order you want. If I had the chance, I'd still hold out til the servers are reliable. So don't hold me responsible if this method doesn't work
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 17 May 13 at 20:38, Edited on 17 May 13 at 20:42 by BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Usually when people post for help ON TA they use the actual terms that TA uses. Creating your own terms only leads to confusion and name calling. Good luck.

https://www.trueachievements.com/flags.aspx#unobtainable
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....5th in the WORLD!!!
TOBY 1K NO BE
684,030
TOBY 1K NO BE
Posted on 17 May 13 at 20:47
BP42069 said:
Usually when people post for help ON TA they use the actual terms that TA uses. Creating your own terms only leads to confusion and name calling. Good luck.

https://www.trueachievements.com/flags.aspx#unobtainable
I'm not asking for the achievement to be tagged unobtainable, I'm simply saying it is unobtainable for me! Which is correct!
Lavindathar
1,300,028
Lavindathar
Posted on 17 May 13 at 21:10
TOBY 1K NO BE said:
BP42069 said:
Usually when people post for help ON TA they use the actual terms that TA uses. Creating your own terms only leads to confusion and name calling. Good luck.

https://www.trueachievements.com/flags.aspx#unobtainable
I'm not asking for the achievement to be tagged unobtainable, I'm simply saying it is unobtainable for me! Which is correct!
Exactly.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 May 13 at 21:56
ChadMarc said:
Billy Horrible said:
Boots Orion said:
Lavindathar said:
DakotaThrice said:
Unobtainable is an absolute, you said it yourself, it's buggy. If it was unobtainable then no-one would have it and anyone who did would have had to cheat in order to do so.
I personally disagree with you. A bugs are it unobtainable for him. Therefore, he can class it as unobtainable. It means he will never be able to get it.
Well if that's all unobtainable means, then I have plenty of unobtainables. I just don't have the time or skill to get many that are in games on my tag.

Dakota, while completely unhelpful and douchebaggy in his retorts, is also completely correct. These achievements are currently buggy, but not unobtainable. It's not Frito Lays' fault if people have shoddy internet connections.
Honestly, it's not even a buggy achievement. It's just a server failing at the wrong time, nothing wrong with the achievement and unlocking in itself but just a bad moment for the server to shut down.

Have you tried deleting the game, clearing your cache and installing the game again? That works out for most games, however it did not for Crash Course 1 because progress for each player is stored online and downloaded alongside the game as you redownload it.
if that's the case could you not play cc1 offline on a friends console without the dlc installed?
Tried to download it through a different account on my own Xbox and then play offline, didn't work. It appears the game stores data for each and every player... I've heard from other players on this site who claimed to have actually played offline from a different Xbox and still didn't get any result.
"Booyah" - Jeff Winger
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 17 May 13 at 22:05
Lavindathar said:
TOBY 1K NO BE said:
BP42069 said:
Usually when people post for help ON TA they use the actual terms that TA uses. Creating your own terms only leads to confusion and name calling. Good luck.

https://www.trueachievements.com/flags.aspx#unobtainable
I'm not asking for the achievement to be tagged unobtainable, I'm simply saying it is unobtainable for me! Which is correct!
Exactly.
To him it maybe, but to the site being used the term is wrong. The site deals with achievements as a whole community and the terms the site uses contradict what is being used here. The title of the thread is very misleading for this reason.
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....5th in the WORLD!!!
Lavindathar
1,300,028
Lavindathar
Posted on 17 May 13 at 22:09
BP42069 said:
Lavindathar said:
TOBY 1K NO BE said:
BP42069 said:
Usually when people post for help ON TA they use the actual terms that TA uses. Creating your own terms only leads to confusion and name calling. Good luck.

https://www.trueachievements.com/flags.aspx#unobtainable
I'm not asking for the achievement to be tagged unobtainable, I'm simply saying it is unobtainable for me! Which is correct!
Exactly.
To him it maybe, but to the site being used the term is wrong. The site deals with achievements as a whole community and the terms the site uses contradict what is being used here. The title of the thread is very misleading for this reason.
Your missing the point. He's not stating it officially. He's allowed to use the word after all. It's an English word, not a TA only term.

He's simply saying its unobtainable. Which is shorter than writing out 'an achievement which is currently impossible for me to unlock'. It's the best word he can use....
pezza888
110,044
pezza888
Posted on 17 May 13 at 22:56
Why does everyone keep bothering about what he calls it?
The important thing is that a way is found to fix the issue originally described.
The Globalizer
Posted on 17 May 13 at 23:59
Seriously, people - for fuck's sake, leave the dude alone, you know what he meant.
Capricious Kiwi
Posted on 18 May 13 at 01:43, Edited on 18 May 13 at 04:19 by Capricious Kiwi
Relax everyone - can't you see the OP used 'unobbtainable' in the thread title to avoid confusion with the official TA term.

Edit - well, this joke falls flat now that he's changed the title. Sigh.
MD Retribution
Posted on 18 May 13 at 03:41
The Globalizer said:
Seriously, people - for fuck's sake, leave the dude alone, you know what he meant.
Agreed wholeheartedly.
TOBY 1K NO BE
684,030
TOBY 1K NO BE
Posted on 18 May 13 at 03:48
What funny is the fact that under the buggy description it even says to some people this maybe unobtainable lol
Teh Paralyzer
440,881
Teh Paralyzer
Posted on 18 May 13 at 04:14
I'd still call it buggy
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.