Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

PSA: Have a Date with Daphne in Dragon's Lair

AuthorMessage
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 18 June 13 at 11:28
Remember to bring flowers, chocolates and fire-proof bed sheets

Please click here to read the story: PSA: Have a Date with Daphne in Dragon's Lair
SENTURY111
SENTURY111
Posted on 18 June 13 at 11:35
I was impatient and got this offline. This reminds me to get the last achievement I need by getting a perfect score.
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 18 June 13 at 11:36
Great PSA, I was going to start the game based just off of this but that 1.94 TA achievement seems a real pain so I may wait a while. Bet this will lead to it being unlocked by a lot of people though, cheers Chewie.
REB3L
REB3L
Posted on 18 June 13 at 11:41, Edited on 18 June 13 at 11:43 by REB3L
What does PSA stand for?
Daeryoon
Daeryoon
Posted on 18 June 13 at 11:43
Thanks for the Public Service Announcement, Chewie. I'll be popping this on Wednesday for sure.
I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
REB3L
REB3L
Posted on 18 June 13 at 11:44
Daeryoon said:
Thanks for the Public Service Announcement, Chewie. I'll be popping this on Wednesday for sure.
Thanks!
Marc Pilkington
Posted on 18 June 13 at 11:45, Edited on 18 June 13 at 11:46 by Marc Pilkington
In this case, it would probably mean 'Public Service Announcement', as Chewie is doing the rest of the site a service by publicly announcing the achievement reminder.

Darn, someone beat me to it!
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite website on the Citadel.
REB3L
REB3L
Posted on 18 June 13 at 12:09
Marc Pilkington said:
In this case, it would probably mean 'Public Service Announcement', as Chewie is doing the rest of the site a service by publicly announcing the achievement reminder.

Darn, someone beat me to it!
Thanks anyway Shepard!
TsubakiCalamity
Posted on 18 June 13 at 12:29
Got mine last year by date so I'm all good.
CrAzEdCaNuCk18
Posted on 18 June 13 at 12:40
Thanks for the PSA for the PDA with the MIA princesssmile

Never actually played this game would anyone recommend getting/not getting it, I see it on quite a few gamer tags so I am led to believe it's pretty good?
maguzzolo
maguzzolo
Posted on 18 June 13 at 12:41
Nice achievement..!
It seems it's time to start this game.

thanks!
CounterInsurgnt
Posted on 18 June 13 at 12:54
Do fire proof bed sheets even exist? I don't think so, fire retardant yes, fire proof? no.
XBOX ONE....the new console that plays YOU instead of you playing it!
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 18 June 13 at 12:59
CounterInsurgnt said:
Do fire proof bed sheets even exist? I don't think so, fire retardant yes, fire proof? no.
I guess things will definitely be heating up then
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Daeryoon
Daeryoon
Posted on 18 June 13 at 13:05
CrAzEdCaNuCk18 said:

Never actually played this game would anyone recommend getting/not getting it, I see it on quite a few gamer tags so I am led to believe it's pretty good?
It's good for old timers because many of us played the original in the arcade and wasted lots of quarters doing so. If you did not, then this probably is not worth the 800MSP price tag. It has kinect functioning as well, but that's hardly a selling point.

Worth 800MSP (400 on sale) for the trip down memory lane and having it on your card, but not comparable to other 800MSP titles. You make the call.
I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
ReD S1X
ReD S1X
Posted on 18 June 13 at 14:20
my dads birthday. what a coincidence.
Say NO to overpriced DLC Map Packs.
Reabo
Reabo
Posted on 18 June 13 at 14:34
Easy completion
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 18 June 13 at 14:56
Reabo said:
Easy completion
Is it? That top achievement looks like a pain!
CrAzEdCaNuCk18
Posted on 18 June 13 at 14:57
Daeryoon said:
CrAzEdCaNuCk18 said:

It's good for old timers because many of us played the original in the arcade and wasted lots of quarters doing so. If you did not, then this probably is not worth the 800MSP price tag. It has kinect functioning as well, but that's hardly a selling point.

Worth 800MSP (400 on sale) for the trip down memory lane and having it on your card, but not comparable to other 800MSP titles. You make the call.
Been gaming since the commodore 64, but I don't recall even hearing of this game, perhaps growing up in a town with a population of "less then 1000" - it actually said that on the welcome sign! - didn't help at allsmile. I might as well wait for a good sale then, thanks for the heads uptoast
vSully
vSully
Posted on 18 June 13 at 15:08
This game is great, but it is definitely not for everyone.

IMO, the 2nd one is even better. It's on ps3 but has not been released for Xbox :(

Props to the guy who wrote up the great solution for the Lair King achievement!
CounterInsurgnt
Posted on 18 June 13 at 15:25
ChewieOnIce said:
CounterInsurgnt said:
I guess things will definitely be heating up then
lol yah....and you want to hear something scary.....the chemical they use to make things fire retardant actually seeps into our bodies and contaminates us. It'd pretty screwed up.
XBOX ONE....the new console that plays YOU instead of you playing it!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.