Game Discussion: Gunpowder (Windows)

DO NOT PURCHASE DLC!!!

• JMJimmyJMJimmy631,529
    Posted on 25 May 13 at 14:52
    I purchased the 'Lost Levels' DLC - only to find out that you don't get anything except a painful experience getting a refund and a bank fee for the transaction.

Thanks Microsoft!

Support numbers called: 9
    Support Chats: 2

End result: -$1.85 and no content.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 May 13 at 17:12
    Why not just wait till the app's update actually gets published?
    Hi i'm Terre. I break things.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy631,529
    Posted on 25 May 13 at 17:58
    How else could I buy it if it wasn't out?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 May 13 at 18:03, Edited on 25 May 13 at 18:08 by
    Because the dlc's on xbox.com and has isn't under the same moderation as windows store apps. Regardless of whether or not it's made using the xbox on windows SDK or using regular Visual studio on windows 8 all windows store apps undergo the same moderation.

The content's been accepted by xbox but the update hasn't been accepted by the windows store team.

In short: Xbox and windows store are 2 different bodies.

If you're so anal about getting a refund start a support chat on xbox.com about content not working and explain it's an xbox purchase and the windows store team cannot do anything about it.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy631,529
    Posted on 26 May 13 at 14:31, Edited on 26 May 13 at 14:33 by JMJimmy
    - Started a support chat via Windows 8 help -> Buying an app, told they couldn't do anything talk to xbox (though oddly while doing the below they gave me a refund I didn't want)
    - Started a support chat via Xbox.com -> told they couldn't do anything talk to Windows support
    - Given a phone number to call, generic MS Canada support number which doesn't support anything store related
    - Given a US phone number for the same
    - Given a US number which rang straight to music
    - Given a Microsoft Store number - told it was the wrong department - asked for the number for the right department, told there was no external number and could only be transferred... transfer failed twice.

I totally get they are two different bodies, they just don't have proper support.

The content's been accepted by xbox but the update hasn't been accepted by the windows store team.
    If it hasn't been accepted by the windows store team then it would not be available for purchase via the windows store. If it was made available for purchase before it was approved then that's even worse!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 May 13 at 15:30
    Windows store handle the game, xbox handles the dlc in short mate, both certificates are seperate but both are easily reversible, hell you can even recode the app yourself and sign it with a false certificate, aslong as it's a root certificate it'll work just fine. Windows 8 is really secure.

If i don't make sense to you then i'd be happy to go into detail in a pm. The update's pending, the dlc's not, and both the update and dlc are managed by different people. It's not too hard to understand.
  • Chad and JessieChad and Jessie1,706,467
    Posted on 26 May 13 at 17:19
    This same thing happened with the last DLC for Adera (Windows) . The achievements were added to the game and you could purchase the DLC via the Store, but the content wasn't available in-game yet. It was about a week later the app got an update and the content was available to download. I had purchased it via the Store before the update and that purchase worked just fine...I didn't have to re-buy it after the update. Personally, I'm expecting the same with both DLC for this game.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 May 13 at 17:33
    There's only one dlc, chapter 5's a free chapter that's added to the game, some people just can't read the description of what they paid for wink
    Posted on 26 May 13 at 19:16
    I can haz raeds smile

TerreDactyl said:
    chapter 5's a free chapter that's added to the game
    I probably should have stated it better. What I expect is the 'unlock all levels in Chapter 5' purchase I made to work once the Chapter 5 DLC is released.
  • Mike MarcelaisMike Marcelais1,255,528
    Posted on 06 June 13 at 14:36
    The title update was released today (at least in the US), and the new levels are free. The DLC is like the chapter 1-4 DLC in that it lets you skip ahead and play the levels without having earned enough pigs to unlock them normally.
    - Mike
    Posted on 06 June 13 at 15:38
    Looks like Chapter 5 is free, but you get prompted to purchaces the other DLC...the 'Lost Level' DLC.

SIDE BAR: Nothing happens when I push the purchase button on the Lost Level DLC...just get a 'processing please wait' notice.

I had puchased two add-ons from the 'Games' app, the Chapter 5 unlock and the Lost Levels DLC, like Jimmy mentions in the OP. Unlike what I was expecting (from my Adera experience), neither of these has transvered to the game now that the game has recieved it's update. Also, neither of these two add-on exist under add-ons in the 'Games' app anymore either...and they did yesterday.

I'm going to give it a day or two, see if they correct this issue, before going for a refund. It is good to know that this issue can't happen anymore, since you can't purchase add-ons for these levels outside of the game now.
  • ArachnicideArachnicide332,723
    Posted on 06 June 13 at 22:47
    I finished the 5th chapter and lost level opened up. I waa getting the same prompt. I bought it previously...
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Arachnicide.jpg
    Posted on 07 June 13 at 00:09
    Arachnicide said:
    I finished the 5th chapter and lost level opened up. I waa getting the same prompt. I bought it previously...
    Ohhhhhh...Thankies for the info. toast

/me goes to finish up chapter 5...now
  • ZerophymZerophym385,010
    Posted on 12 June 13 at 15:52
    I finished chapter 5 offline assuming the lost levels would open up but to no avail I still get a purchase prompt. And now being connected it still has a purchase prompt. Sadface.
  • XtowersXtowers1,139,791
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 15:57
    So... is this fixed then?
  • shelbygt5252shelbygt5252893,088
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 06:03
    Xtowers said:
    So... is this fixed then?
    I bought the lost levels and can play it no problem. I only finished the first chapter but the lost levels were unlocked from the start.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads