Game Discussion: skate. Forum

Skate 2

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 14 December 08 at 16:57
I really enjoyed the first. Cant wait for next month. As I stoped caring for Tony hawk after American Wasteland.
Information Posted on 14 December 08 at 18:26
I really suck at these games... I had to use the cheats in THAW to get most of the achies... This one looks good, but I know I'll break controllers trying to play it.
Information Posted on 14 December 08 at 18:42
Yeah I know what you mean. But about 5-6 months later I managed to get 1,000 on Skate. Looking forward to getting the achievements in this. Only cheevo in Skate anoyed me was get 20 reviews for a photo or video.
Information Posted on 16 December 08 at 02:35
I never really got into skate, I used to play Tony Hawk a ton in high school. I tried it once, but couldn't get the controls and I got frustrated lol. I can see it being an incredible game though if I would give it a chance, but to many other things catch my interest.
Information Posted on 16 December 08 at 05:29
man, im so pumped up for the game, was decent at skate 1 liked to do alot of the death races online. Well I should try to 1000 that game before the new one comes out.
Information Posted on 16 December 08 at 15:35
i never played the first one it was one that i wanted to get but everytime i went to get it i got sucked into something else, maybe one of these days i will get to play 1 but in rreallity ill prob play 2 first
Information Posted on 08 January 09 at 11:52, Edited on 08 January 09 at 11:52 by Scottish Husky
The demo is out now. Except I cant get it because I ran out of Gold cry.
Information Posted on 09 January 09 at 06:35
My brothers are disappointed big time, as for me, didnt care for skate so skate 2 is just another meh.
Information Posted on 09 January 09 at 07:52
Diden't play the first, but the demo was very fun. Hall Of Meat :D
Information Posted on 09 January 09 at 21:57
Probably getting this as my first skate game, should i be able to enjoy it as my first skating game?
Information Posted on 10 January 09 at 19:19
skate was absolutely amazing, one of the best games of all time.

the demo for skate 2 though.. quite disappointing, looks like they've taken it in the totally wrong direction both aesthetically and in terms of gameplay, and the achievements look so shit and far too easy.
Still, got it on pre-order ;D
Information Posted on 11 January 09 at 14:06
When this is released, nothing else will matter.

zigs I'd say I trust your judgement but a lot of friends that have played it (I have no internet/gold meh) have said it's fantastic and they've just made it smoother.

Achievements do look easy, but so were the Skate 1 chieves; easy 1000 and then hours and hours of gameplay.
Information Posted on 11 January 09 at 17:39
Alexisonline said:
When this is released, nothing else will matter.

zigs I'd say I trust your judgement but a lot of friends that have played it (I have no internet/gold meh) have said it's fantastic and they've just made it smoother.

Achievements do look easy, but so were the Skate 1 chieves; easy 1000 and then hours and hours of gameplay.
Smoother? BAH! like fuck they have. got less smooth, and far less realistic. It seems to have gone down the Tony Hawks route of speeding up the whole thing, and giving you unrealistically sick air all the time. and, not meaning to sound like Zero Punctuation, but they have done the brown-filter on everything to try and make it look grimy. But the vivid colours and brightness in the original was SUCH a breath of fresh air, such a great artistic direction!

It doesn't seem as fluid as the original, seems just really fake and shit. And it's kinda, when you have such a an amazing winning formula like the original, why would you want to fuck with it so much?

i loved the skate achievements. They weren't the hardest, but they were interesting, and time-consuming, and fun! the 5 hour freeskating achievement is one of my favourites in any game. And getting all the milestones, and completely everything was great fun and challenging in the right places.
But the skate 2 list... you get 5G for pressing Y. And 50G for going at the fastest speed for 5 seconds. And 35G for spending 30 minutes moving objects around. Where the fuck is the fun? What's with developers making shit-easy achievements nowadays? It's either a sign of no imagination/originality, or proof that the game is rubbish. And i really hope that it is neither of those... but it really seems like it

There are some good new features, but it seems outweighed by the shit. Will definitely play it a lot though, regardless ;D
Information Posted on 11 January 09 at 18:21
zigs you just ruined my life :(

videos of suicide will be uploaded later
Information Posted on 11 January 09 at 19:15
Alexisonline said:
zigs you just ruined my life :(

videos of suicide will be uploaded later
that'll save me the trouble of having to kill you, so cool!
Information Posted on 11 January 09 at 22:40
I got a lend of Skate1 off my friend for a week and found it quite difficult to get to grips with but i downloaded the demo of this and found it quite easy. Definitely gonna get when i can afford it ;]
Information Posted on 12 January 09 at 20:52
First one, demo was cool. Nothing I would buy, but very fun and interesting.
Information Posted on 14 January 09 at 18:36
Already discussed this briefly with zigs, but wow they raped that engine.
Information Posted on 14 January 09 at 20:02, Edited on 14 January 09 at 20:03 by zigs00
uh huh :(
Information Posted on 25 January 09 at 21:52
Had to post again to say that i'm actually loving this game.
Got off to a bad start with it, and i still think that they've fucked it a little, and stuff like walking is so poorly done, but it's hella fun.

It definately gets a lot better once you've unlocked more challenges, got through all the tutorials and bollocks, and it's a great game. Reminded me why i loved the original so much too
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.