Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: June 18th, 2013

  • gobey17gobey17875,670
    Posted on 18 June 13 at 21:33, Edited on 18 June 13 at 21:33 by gobey17
    I wish I never originally started Zuma. Not only is it too frickin long and irritating to complete fully, but its given me an odd number on my gamerscore! :< lol
  • Posted on 18 June 13 at 21:45
    Both of the Feeding Frenzy games are quite fun and easy completions. The first might be a little grindy but still not a hard completion.
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
  • Posted on 18 June 13 at 21:52
    Tveilor said:
    Catatonic Nali said:
    AKfoy0face said:
    TA sucks at reporting deals now, like really suck. its a shame
    What are you talking about? Haven't you seen the Sales Hub?
    Then promote the Sales hub better, I did not know about that until now. And even if you have a sales hub the sales should be reported on the front page, relying on a second page which most of the members probably don't know of is pretty lazy.
    i have to agree i love this site but i have never heard of the sales hub. I look for deals on the homepage
  • NINja277NINja277483,266
    Posted on 18 June 13 at 22:08
    grex9101 said:
    Catatonic Nali said:
    AKfoy0face said:
    TA sucks at reporting deals now, like really suck. its a shame
    What are you talking about? Haven't you seen the Sales Hub?
    He's right. I've mentioned it a few times that TA are the last of all the major sites to report on deals. Responses are the usual - run by volunteers, go to those other sites then, blah blah. All well and good, except that some of those other sites are run by volunteers too, and anyway, those same volunteers gave us bleeding edge E3 updates, so what's the difference? I don't want to go to Major Nelson's site or anyone else, TA is my gaming "go-to" site.

    I've said it before, I love TA, but if its going to be THE xbox site, then this needs to be looked at.
    Those same volunteers never seem to have issue posting a new screenshot for final fantasy or dead or alive for the fifteenth bazillion time. Also seem to be firmly on top of reminding us about that damn batman arkham city storyteller achieve,ent for going on two years now , so I'm not certain why that would hold water for sales unless no one really cares about them.
  • KINGvJAMESKINGvJAMES495,172
    Posted on 18 June 13 at 22:24
    damn, there is a thing called a sales hub? I must have missed that post about it. Seems pretty cool. Learn something new everyday dance
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face619,893
    Posted on 18 June 13 at 22:45
    TA went down hill, plain and simple.
  • Tony StarcTony Starc471,927
    Posted on 18 June 13 at 22:45, Edited on 18 June 13 at 22:53 by Tony Starc
    Whereas MS constantly gives out sales on really old puzzley xbla games (i don't use the term constantly lightly here), Sony usually has a boatload of AAA titles on sale week after week with a much larger discount at that. Hope you guys at least realize if you go xbone that sale patterns won't change (or they'd change them now)
  • Angary GaryAngary Gary105,969
    Posted on 18 June 13 at 23:02
    Nananana... nananana... hey hey hey... Goodbye microsoft!
    Done with these repeat sales. Won't be renewing my gold thats for sure.
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face619,893
    Posted on 18 June 13 at 23:24
    Tony Starc said:
    Whereas MS constantly gives out sales on really old puzzley xbla games (i don't use the term constantly lightly here), Sony usually has a boatload of AAA titles on sale week after week with a much larger discount at that. Hope you guys at least realize if you go xbone that sale patterns won't change (or they'd change them now)
    the sales have been really good lately. these games are very old and really no point in buying them unless your some old person
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,918,646
    Posted on 18 June 13 at 23:36
    Yay! I can finally buy Bejeweled 2. Tired of using my XBLA Comp disc. I like having it accessible and I'm more likely to work on it if I don't have to get off my lazy butt and change discs. lol
  • Posted on 18 June 13 at 23:37
    I don't see why there is so much hate on the Newshounds here. I understand the bitterness towards repeat sales and such, but the Newshounds do an excellent job and I look nowhere else but TA for stories and reports.
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 18 June 13 at 23:42
    It would be nice if those greedy bastards at EA/Criterion would slash the price on the OVERPRICED dlc for NFS Most Wanted.
    Eels Forever
  • grex9101grex9101451,278
    Posted on 18 June 13 at 23:42
    NINja277 said:
    grex9101 said:
    Catatonic Nali said:
    AKfoy0face said:
    TA sucks at reporting deals now, like really suck. its a shame
    What are you talking about? Haven't you seen the Sales Hub?
    He's right. I've mentioned it a few times that TA are the last of all the major sites to report on deals. Responses are the usual - run by volunteers, go to those other sites then, blah blah. All well and good, except that some of those other sites are run by volunteers too, and anyway, those same volunteers gave us bleeding edge E3 updates, so what's the difference? I don't want to go to Major Nelson's site or anyone else, TA is my gaming "go-to" site.

    I've said it before, I love TA, but if its going to be THE xbox site, then this needs to be looked at.
    Those same volunteers never seem to have issue posting a new screenshot for final fantasy or dead or alive for the fifteenth bazillion time. Also seem to be firmly on top of reminding us about that damn batman arkham city storyteller achieve,ent for going on two years now , so I'm not certain why that would hold water for sales unless no one really cares about them.
    NAIL. ON. THE. FUCKING. HEAD.

    (apart from the nobody caring about sales bit)

    Yeah, anyway:

    In a nutshell - the front page is constantly full of "PSA"'s. Bollocks about date-related achievements or so-incremental-it-hurts game updates (GRID 2 springs to mind, there were about 2 million separate blog posts about almost the same bloody thing). Yet, somehow, we get DoTW updates about 2 years after EVERY.OTHER.SITE.IN.THE.WORLD.

    It's not uncommon for me to find DoTW info on hotukdeals hours before it's posted on here. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the guy who posts on HUKD contributes on here too, so why the holdup?

    The site should have a dedicated deals "guy". Not just for DoTW, but for those shortlived "glitches" (pricing errors etc.) that last a matter of hours, but would benefit this community hugely. And this is a community.
    BOYCOTT EA!
  • Tony StarcTony Starc471,927
    Posted on 19 June 13 at 00:03
    Reborn Insanity said:
    I don't see why there is so much hate on the Newshounds here. I understand the bitterness towards repeat sales and such, but the Newshounds do an excellent job and I look nowhere else but TA for stories and reports.
    They generally put stuff up over 24 hours after other sites get it. If they just followed threads on CAG/slickdeals you would be getting your news FAR earlier
  • grex9101grex9101451,278
    Posted on 19 June 13 at 00:18
    Reborn Insanity said:
    I don't see why there is so much hate on the Newshounds here. I understand the bitterness towards repeat sales and such, but the Newshounds do an excellent job and I look nowhere else but TA for stories and reports.
    It's not hate at all, just constructive criticism.

    I've highlighted the bit that you said yourself - you look nowhere else. If this site wants to be IT in terms of the best site, then they should take on board what we're saying, instead of weak excuses.
    BOYCOTT EA!
  • Posted on 19 June 13 at 00:24
    grex9101 said:
    It's not hate at all, just constructive criticism.

    I've highlighted the bit that you said yourself - you look nowhere else. If this site wants to be IT in terms of the best site, then they should take on board what we're saying, instead of weak excuses.
    Well if you want something to be reported on or seen on the site sooner there is always the Suggest a News Story function. Also I don't think I have ever seen a Newshound give a "weak excuse" or any excuse tbh. Maybe sending the News Manager a pm with your constructive criticism would yield better results than posting it on the article itself?
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
  • Tony StarcTony Starc471,927
    Posted on 19 June 13 at 00:38
    Reborn Insanity said:
    grex9101 said:
    It's not hate at all, just constructive criticism.

    I've highlighted the bit that you said yourself - you look nowhere else. If this site wants to be IT in terms of the best site, then they should take on board what we're saying, instead of weak excuses.
    Well if you want something to be reported on or seen on the site sooner there is always the Suggest a News Story function. Also I don't think I have ever seen a Newshound give a "weak excuse" or any excuse tbh. Maybe sending the News Manager a pm with your constructive criticism would yield better results than posting it on the article itself?
    Why should we do their job for them. It's valid criticism. Stop white knighting.
  • kipjibkipjib134,237
    Posted on 19 June 13 at 00:59
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    I have all of these except heavy weapon, astropop, and the two zumas.

    In all four cases, the completion rate scares me away. XD

    There is also a massive Sega sale going on right now, as well as CoD Black Ops content on sale.

    Also The Cave is on sale for 600 MSP.

    Furthermore, if you have a Czech xbox live account, you can download the full version of Games on Demand's Bully: Scholarship Edition for 100 MSP. That is not a typo.

    Sales Hub
    If it weren't for the link to the Sales Hub initially I wouldn't have realised it was a drop down option under the main menu. It's amazing how a little reading can open up so much potential lol.

    Thank you for the info mate :)

    As for the whining about the newshounds not being up-to date you shouldn't rely on a single source to bring you all your information. Open up your mind and think beyond single websites and setup RSS feeds so you know when something is happening.

    Learn to do things people and knowledge will be readily available to you.
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,024,318
    Posted on 19 June 13 at 01:15
    That sales hub link's only just appeared in the main menu
    Don't feed the trolls
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.