Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Putty Squad Announced

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,309,046
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 01:13
    Amiga classic stretching its way to you this Summer

Please click here to read the story: Putty Squad Announced
  • matdanmatdan863,039
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 01:27
    That looks bad
  • wBRYwBRY748,325
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 01:56
    There are much better snes games to remake than this.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 May 13 at 02:11
    Looks like that blob game just crappier
    Thor~
  • Posted on 17 May 13 at 02:25
    Wtf am I even looking at? This looks like an IT students final assignment.
  • Paul Wesley 91Paul Wesley 911,117,653
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 02:49
    Looks like it could be a fun game. I might get it if the price is right.
    PWH ~ Hail Purdue!
  • GorillaBuddhaGorillaBuddha1,055,124
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 02:56
    Looks this bad/dated and it is a retail release??

nope.
  • Posted on 17 May 13 at 04:05, Edited on 17 May 13 at 04:07 by Izzy of Albion
    The 90's is an era in gaming very dear to me. I long for 16-bit games like (Ocean's) Addam's Family, (GraftGold's) Fire & Ice, and Cannon Fodder to be remade on XBLA. It's great to see that a developer from that time is still going, and although I don't remember this game (at least, I never played it), I'm sure this is going to be a day-one purchase for many people that do have fond memories.
    Digital Artist, Suburban London. Guitar and sword collector, veteran gamer.
  • JJBDude48JJBDude481,974,828
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 04:30
    What is it with the negativity on here! Saw it with pac-man yesterday and now this, just filled with comments on how bad this looks. Not everything is going to be triple a, there is nothing wrong with some mediocre games. To me this looks half decent, but wait until you get to play it one day before instantly dismissing it off. Must be horrible to read for anybody who is working on that game, all the negative vibes this community gives off. Makes my blood boil.
  • DEVILS UMBRADEVILS UMBRA356,863
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 06:48
    Not supposed to be a AAA title, just a remake of a 20 year old game. It won't be a $60 retail game and who knows, these old platformers are pretty fun usually.
    DEVILS UMBRA
  • weffalumpweffalump2,862,950
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 07:13
    Loved the original Putty on my Amiga, this could be really good too.

I'd also love to see hd remakes of the original Lemmings, Cannon Fodder and The Settlers please.
  • GeriHattrickGeriHattrick495,706
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 07:44, Edited on 17 May 13 at 07:46 by GeriHattrick
    weffalump said:

I'd also love to see hd remakes of the original Lemmings, Cannon Fodder and The Settlers please.
    Definitely agree with the 3 on your wishlist, and obviously Desert / Jungle Strike

OT: I dont understand why people are saying it looks so bad, no worse than any other 2D side scroller. Will play the demo when one is released
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,309,046
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 09:12, Edited on 17 May 13 at 12:19 by ChewieOnIce
    This is pure nostalgia for me. Fond memories of the original game, which came bundled with my Amiga 600 as part of 'The Wild, The Weird & The Wicked' package that included Pushover, Grand Prix and Deluxe Paint 3. Most of what I remember of Putty is getting stuck at the third or fourth level and just spending ages stretching and melting and inflating with no real purpose. Hours of pointless fun.

Also:
    weffalump said:
    Yes!

Eskimoletdinov said:
    and obviously Desert / Jungle Strike
    And Yes!!
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,971,971
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 09:12
    weffalump said:

Agree, this was a great game back then.
  • GorillaBuddhaGorillaBuddha1,055,124
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 10:49
    JJBDude48 said:
    What is it with the negativity on here! Saw it with pac-man yesterday and now this, just filled with comments on how bad this looks. Not everything is going to be triple a, there is nothing wrong with some mediocre games. To me this looks half decent, but wait until you get to play it one day before instantly dismissing it off. Must be horrible to read for anybody who is working on that game, all the negative vibes this community gives off. Makes my blood boil.
    Why applaud mediocrity?
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator230,620
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 13:10, Edited on 17 May 13 at 16:00 by V3ntilator
    weffalump said:

Lemmings was already remade in native 1080p on PS3 many years ago.
    I bought it in 2007 i think, so its old now.
    Super Stardust was also remade from Amiga version to PS3 in native 1080p.

Cannon Fodder 3 was released awhile ago, and Settlers 2 HD is out.
  • elKazaamelKazaam161,285
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 14:04
    i played a lot on amiga, but i NEVER heard or saw this game befor.
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,254,568
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 14:29
    Aw man I can't wait! Loved this on the SNES :D
  • Posted on 17 May 13 at 17:30, Edited on 17 May 13 at 17:31 by Evenger Ostro
    GorillaBuddha said:
    Why applaud mediocrity?
    Without "mediocre" games (subjectivity ftw) there would be no AAA. And there are lots of people who rather play this and avoid CoD, Tomb Raider, BioShock blabla.
    Also, the publisher and developers of "mediocre" games can be happy with good sales whereas your beloved AAA titles struggle to make as much money as has been put into them ($100m for development + plenty of millions for senseless advertisement). And then you people cry about high retail prices, online passes, DLC and microtransactions.

I'm pretty sure I will get this game.
    GTASC team http://4horsemen.povupine.com/ -- Nintendo fanboy who loves Sega and plays XBox, seriousl
  • BRAN IS HEREBRAN IS HERE454,531
    Posted on 17 May 13 at 17:51
    JJBDude48 said:
    this
    D
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads