Game Discussion: Mass Effect 2 Forum

Is the DLC worth it?

AuthorMessage
Dreakon1313
Posted on 08 August 12 at 23:17, Edited on 08 August 12 at 23:29 by Dreakon1313
There's like 4 or 5 pieces of DLC, all roughly $7 to $10. Already have a Cerberus Network one at least cause I bought the game new.

What ones are worth it, what ones aren't? I'm kind of digging the idea of Kasumi since it'll add the last piece to the lineup and from what I hear she'll make a cameo in Mass Effect 3 (that's the next stop once I'm tired of ME2). Make the experience all the richer... you know? However minor it is.

Not really sure I even want to do that though. $7 is a bit much for a bonus character and a loyalty mission. No less busting out like $40 total to get all the DLC. Got the whole darn game for $20 new.

Any insight is appreciated. :)
But if the silence takes you, then I hope it takes me too.
WeisGuy9
WeisGuy9
Posted on 09 August 12 at 00:51
Kasumi's Stolen Memory is definitely worth it.

The one I probably had the least fun with was Arrival, but it's still not bad. Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker were both excellent missions. If I was going to pick just 2 of the 4, I'd go with Kasumi and Shadow Broker.
CEO/GSSP: Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
Gunnerkite
Gunnerkite
Posted on 01 October 12 at 15:56
Depends on what you're after. If you want story the definitely go for Lair of the Shadow Broker, and probably Arrival. Arrival isn't actually that good but pretty much essential for understanding the events at the start of ME3 as it leads directly into them.

As for the others, Kasumi's is fun and probably worth the cost, doesn't add much to the story, and I really enjoyed Overlord as well even though it didn't add much to the story. Really good reveal/shock at the end. And yes, Kasumi and the characters from Overlord make cameos in ME3 if you played the DLC and depending on your choices.

The Firewalker DLC isn't really needed at all, and is by far the weakest of them.
BreakBacon
BreakBacon
Posted on 08 July 15 at 04:30
Lair of the Shadow Broker gives the most achievement points. I'm assuming that it's also the longest?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.