Dead Space 3 Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 14 February 13 at 08:12
    Please use this thread to discuss the Dead Space 3 walkthrough
  • Information
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 March 13 at 17:58
    The reward for completing Classic mode is a godly weapon called the Devil Horns. This weapon looks like a giant red foam finger. The primary fire is a semi-automatic rifle and the secondary fire is a shotgun. It deals insane damage, uses no ammo, and never has to reload. This weapon is intended to only be available in Standard and Classic modes, but there is a way to get it in to both Pure Survival and Hardcore modes, making these playthroughs way easier.
    The Devil's Horn has a clipsize of 2000 bullets. This is a huge amount and may feel like infinite ammo. However if you try to play without ammo in your inventory then you will run out.

Some achievements are instantiated twice in the walkthrough. "axes high" and "dropping acid" are on the miscellaneous and the story walkthrough page.
  • vSullyvSully1,311,881
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 13:12
    Theo Boots said:
    The Devil's Horn has a clipsize of 2000 bullets. This is a huge amount and may feel like infinite ammo. However if you try to play without ammo in your inventory then you will run out.
    Odd, I never noticed. So it has a hidden 2k clipsize that will have to reload from ammo in your inv when emptied? I used it a bit and never reloaded or carried ammo. Just want to understand fully before making any change to the WT.

Theo Boots said:
    Some achievements are instantiated twice in the walkthrough. "axes high" and "dropping acid" are on the miscellaneous and the story walkthrough page.
    I fixed this. Thanks.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 March 13 at 21:24, Edited on 08 March 13 at 14:45 by
    vSully said:
    Theo Boots said:
    Odd, I never noticed. So it has a hidden 2k clipsize that will have to reload from ammo in your inv when emptied? I used it a bit and never reloaded or carried ammo. Just want to understand fully before making any change to the WT.
    I guess you have to try a bit more. For some inspiration you can have a look at these threads:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42...
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672893-dead-space-3/65449700

============= EDIT =============

vSully said:
    Theo Boots said:
    I fixed this. Thanks.
    When I read your comment I was pleased. Seeing the result took a while, presumably because of proofreading. Today I had a look at the re-published walkthrough.
    roll
    Try to understand fully before making any changes. There are only 13 achievements on the miscellaneous page. It would not take a big effort to check all of them instead of just the two examples I gave.
    Two more examples: Empty Chamber and electric lawnmower.
    (While checking for double achievements you might want to include the other pages.)

Everybody is eager to finish and clean up their walkthrough. This need for speed makes us forget some of the basics sometimes. I guess it happens to the best of us.

========== END EDIT =============

A sixth resource, ration seals, are found only by scavenger bots and can be used at the bench to purchase resource packs.
    Regarding the resource packs you might want to give some more advice.
    Never buy the 60-seals pack.
    2 x the 30-seals pack is a better deal.
    In classic mode only buy the 10-seals pack because you can't craft weapons. Any weapon parts you get are useless.

Best Regards,

Theo Boots
  • bobby trippebobby trippe535,763
    Posted on 02 November 13 at 02:29
    Probably worth puttying on the general info page somewhere; DLC now voids the ability to use the Devil's Horns.

So, if you have downloaded the DLC, the game now brings in a hidden update that adds a special code in any new save file you create/modify telling it not to allow the Devil Horns in the other game modes. If you try to delete the DLC and clear cache, the game will not allow you to load any of the previous saves. It does not even matter if you never played the DLC.

There is a way around it though. After completing Classic mode, simply erase DLC and start a new game not a new game+. You then have to play through an entire standard playthrough then do the Survivor and Hardcore. The good news is that the Devi's Horns are there already in the brand new game.

No DLC
    Standard
    Classic
    Survivor
    Hardcore

With DLC
    Standard
    Classic
    Erase DLC Standard
    Survivor
    Hardcore

A little warning may be helpful to some folks reading your guide. I found out about this via the achievement guides for the Hardcore and Survivor. Nice work by the way, great job keeping up on the threads and thanks for the hard work.
    bt
  • QuickMythrilQuickMythril802,997
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.