Game Discussion: F.E.A.R. Files Forum

Played F.E.AR! Should I Play F.E.A.R Files?

AuthorMessage
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 31 October 11 at 09:54
I played the original F.E.A.R game (XBox 360 Version), and I thought it was average! I got a bit fed up playing the campaign numerous times just to get certain achievements. Ouu... I know about that Ammo Hog Achievement... Glitchy Thing!

Anyways, I recently got F.E.A.R Files, and I tried it a couple of times on my other profile, and I've been on and off it! One minute I'm saying "Yeah I'll give it a go", and the next "Nah! Not going to bother!"

Need some help guys! You think this game is worth the play, or should I just get rid of it? I had F.E.A.R 2. But since I go for achievements, I got rid of the game because of the 1 Million Point Five Star General! Although, I have been tempted on a couple of occasions to get it back!

I know for certain, that if I do keep F.E.A.R Files, I would want to 100% finish F.E.A.R first!

Anyways, thanks all!

Bulgy
Das Kuhnen
Das Kuhnen
Posted on 01 November 11 at 17:36
Too many exclamation points! Try decaf coffee smile

I played Files on pc, it's basically an expansion with 2 shorter campaigns and some new multiplayer. If you liked FEAR 1, go for it, it's pretty much the same gameplay wise.
For the Rum and the Cheese!
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 01 November 11 at 19:29, Edited on 01 November 11 at 19:30 by BulgyDragonZord
haha lol! yeah my bad. I'm so used to doing Exclamation Marks rather than Full Stops in Computer Comments!

I don't drink Coffee. I take Tea... No Sugar! Stirred, not shaken! laugh

Well, I suppose you have a point! I found the first F.E.A.R OK, just repeatitive! I guess in one way, if I did sell it online, it won't be worth much, and also the online achievements look simple to get!

Could be a keeper mate!
Das Kuhnen
Das Kuhnen
Posted on 01 November 11 at 20:18
yeah, I picked up my copy of Files for like $8 US dollars.. probably could've found cheaper
For the Rum and the Cheese!
finallife6
finallife6
Posted on 25 January 12 at 01:20
Well "should you" if you found it ok maybe I loved the feel of this but to familer to number one and fear 2was the best grind ever over 150hours there
Or1g1nal S1nn3r
Posted on 25 January 12 at 15:11
Also keep in mind that F.E.A.R. Files are not canon to the story of F.E.A.R. as they were made by a different developer. Basically everything that happens in Perseus Mandate and Extraction Point never happened. Keep this in mind if you plan to play the second and third games.
darkling1542
darkling1542
Posted on 12 November 17 at 21:23
yes
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.