Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Announces First Wave of Windows 8 Titles

• ZM3ZM3138,666
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:21
    Tufty94 said:
    tpb fan said:
    do theses games require windows 8 or can they be played on windows 7 as well?
    They will most likely require Windows 8. None of them seem good enough to warrant a purchase of Windows 8. Not until they fix the hosts file issue at least.
    Not sure what you want to do with the Hosts file, but here is a quick excerpt from ghacks on fixing the issue (I haven't tried it myself):
    "Tom just pointed out that turning off Windows Defender, which basically is Microsoft Security Essentials, in Windows 8 will resolve the issue. It appears that the program has been designed to protect some hosts from being added to the Windows hosts file. To turn off Windows Defender press the Windows key, type Windows Defender and hit enter. This launches the program. Switch to Settings here and select Administrator on the left. Locate Turn on Windows Defender and uncheck the preference and click save changes afterwards.

Please note that this turns off Windows Defender, and that it is recommended to have another antivirus program installed on the system to have it protected against Internet and local threats.

If you do not want to disable Windows Defender completely, you can alternatively add the hosts file to the list of excluded files and processes. You do that with a on Settings > Excluded files and locations. This basically blocks Windows Defender from scanning or manipulating the hosts file in the operating system."
  • Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:24
    I really hope they've done something with W8, installed the consumer preview and rage uninstalled it few hours later...
  • Blackbelt29Blackbelt29136,656
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:25
    Pretty good list so far. Can't wait to see if the system's gonna work in the future, that could be interresting !
  • Calex dEUSCalex dEUS1,365,718
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:28
    24. Microsoft Mahjong
    25. Microsoft Minesweeper
    26. Microsoft Solitaire Collection

These are free, and available now if you have the developer preview, 9 very easy achievements.
  • KaibaChaosKaibaChaos554,050
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:28
    Wait...BlazBlue getting a stack? That's the first one right? Either way, I want Windows 8 now :)
  • Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:28
    When I upgrade to Windows 8 full version, I will definitely take advantage of some of these games.
    Mr. Panda
  • Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:32
    Win 8 is fail waiting to happen. I'm really hoping Sony steps it up with the PS4. So tired of giving M$ money when all they do is treat us like cash pinatas.
  • PointySpredPointySpred371,477
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:35
    Hopefully wp8 will be released same time or soon after
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,406,762
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:35
    Tufty94 said:
    tpb fan said:
    do theses games require windows 8 or can they be played on windows 7 as well?
    They will most likely require Windows 8. None of them seem good enough to warrant a purchase of Windows 8. Not until they fix the hosts file issue at least.
    If you were planning on getting Windows 8 just for achievements, you're doing it wrong. This is your computer's operating system, a device will probably be used significantly more for things other than gaming/entertainment (if I could hazard a guess).
    I miss the good old days of WW2 Call of Duty
  • HazeMonsterHazeMonster556,252
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:36
    Hope they do a pocket god W8.
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,613,600
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:38
    Good fight wallet..sweet list =D
  • LexualLexual401,298
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:42
    DJ 0311 said:
    Love This!!! Gamerscore on the GO! Now just need the surface tablets to be released.

Question: Will the windows 8 games have seperate achievements from the windows 7 games? (ie: Fruit Ninja on WP7 vs Fruit Ninja on a windows 8 platform)
    There's been no confirmation on how the achievement lists will work, but I would assume Windows 8 games will have seperate achievements like the WP7 does. just like Ilomilo on XBLA and Ilomilo(wp7).
    TA Newshound
  • b30118218b301182183,126,832
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:47
    Id imagine all the lists will be seperate, so some gamers will be able to have double stacks on some games such as Ilomilo and Fruit Ninja. Granted they may come with different lists, but its still pretty much the same game.

Will get the low priced RT tablets for gaming I reckon, shame that so many of the games are just going to be straight ports from WP. But some unexpected titles like gunstringer make me happy.
  • Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:48
    Oh they will be availible on a tablet? Awesome! I was wondering if the Surface will get the same marketplace as WPs. I sure hope so...
    Twitter: @ROBomination | Xbox Ambassdor | DO NOT: Take the internet seriously.
  • ixOWNxAGExiixOWNxAGExi203,109
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:53
    Anyone know I'd the wp7 games will also be on the wp8? And freaking sweet I can't wait to trade in my iPhone for the windows phone 8 on oct. 26 :)
    The need to re-achieve. Redemption at its best.
  • Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:54
    TABLET!!!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF *cam*

sleep
    You've been trololololol'ed.
  • Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:57, Edited on 31 August 12 at 15:59 by MooMooChicken
    Disney Faries!?!?!?!?!!!! Unsold!!

I like how it seems that a majority of those games are already on WP7.

Edit: Can we play the Windows 8 games on PC for XBL?
  • Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:57
    DaShAg said:
    Jetpack Joyride dance
    I didn't even see Jetpack Joyride! I am addicted to that game!! clap
    You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
  • CrandyCrandy870,581
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:59
    Well, looks like its time to install Windows 8 on my second hard drive and use it only for games.
    -Randy Twoseventwoseven
  • SpinkyMinkySpinkyMinky449,436
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 15:59
    Nice! Can't wait to play Dragon's Lair on a Surface (even if it is a crap port, like every other version of Dragon's Lair).

Also, CUT THE ROPE! Excellent, it was my fave iOS timewaster before I got a Windows Phone.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.