Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Announces First Wave of Windows 8 Titles

• AhayzoAhayzo1,500,631
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 17:05
    Terrin said:
    alklein92201 said:
    litepink said:
    GUNSTRINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I came here to post that post verbatim, full caps and all!!

Easily the most exciting game on the list!! I wonder if they are adjusting it for a keyboard and mouse (hopeful) or requiring the Kinect For Windows.
    it cannot require kinect as far as I am aware due to them having to work all with touch controls
    due to it working on windows 8 rt tablets as well
    Apps aren't required to work on RT or with touch. Obviously, that will get you more users, but it isn't required.
  • Alex GoodmanAlex Goodman191,927
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 17:07
    Unless there's some major overhaul in windows 8 that makes it worth buying, then there's no way I'm gonna buy it if the only enticing part is for games, I mean come on it looks a right mess.
    Then again it took years for me to finally convert from xp to 7, so maybe I might give 8 a go in like 3 years time...
  • Posted on 31 August 12 at 17:08
    Anybody wanna buy an ipad? smile
    [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/perryboy26][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gel/perryboy26.png[/
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 August 12 at 17:19
    alklein92201 said:
    litepink said:

Easily the most exciting game on the list!! I wonder if they are adjusting it for a keyboard and mouse (hopeful) or requiring the Kinect For Windows.
    I was thinking the same thing what with there being 2 kinect titles on that list.

So this will be the 2nd non kinect version of Kinectimals, maybe they should change the name to something else
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,500,631
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 17:35, Edited on 31 August 12 at 17:35 by Ahayzo
    munchmagic86 said:
    alklein92201 said:
    litepink said:

I was thinking the same thing what with there being 2 kinect titles on that list.

So this will be the 2nd non kinect version of Kinectimals, maybe they should change the name to something else
    If the other your talking about is Fruit Ninja, that can easily be done without Kinect. It was on iOS, Android, and WP7 before coming to Kinect. Touch works well with it, and a mouse probably would too.
  • Posted on 31 August 12 at 17:35
    Xiao1inSty1e said:
    Win 8 is fail waiting to happen. I'm really hoping Sony steps it up with the PS4. So tired of giving M$ money when all they do is treat us like cash pinatas.
    How dare Microsoft bring us high quality products, and offer things no one else can, better then they could.

Let me just log onto my Sony PC, unlock some Trophies that they'll add 4 years later and then I can upgrade to PSPC+ for $15 a month to DIGITALLY RENT (crappy) games on my $450 version of a GameBoy instead of tablet/laptop hyrbid with full functioning keyboard and controller port. Then maybe afterwards I'll use it's BluRay player to watch my movies that I bought personally, IF they're not copywritten first. I can do all this while listening to my $250 iPod that has to kill my audio quality in order for it to take hours to sort my extensive music collection.
    Twitter: @ROBomination | Xbox Ambassdor | DO NOT: Take the internet seriously.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 August 12 at 17:44
    alklein92201 said:
    munchmagic86 said:
    alklein92201 said:
    litepink said:

If the other your talking about is Fruit Ninja, that can easily be done without Kinect. It was on iOS, Android, and WP7 before coming to Kinect. Touch works well with it, and a mouse probably would too.
    Kinectimals and The Gunstringer
  • ronnie42ronnie42474,088
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 17:46
    Only game interesting there is kingdom for keflings, maybe angry bird. roll
  • Slam Shot SamSlam Shot Sam1,108,958
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 17:48
    There's a few I wouldn't mind playing and more achievements is never a bad thing, but Windows 8 won't be going near my PC or laptop.

Maybe I'll trade-in my iPad for a Windows 8 tablet...
  • NBA KirklandNBA Kirkland1,955,878
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 17:54
    Dragon's Lair, lol
    Kinectimals: The Unleashing (fixed)
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS599,952
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 18:06
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane!
    ----''' Caught in the grip of the city, madness '''----
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude811,913
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 18:15
    Despite a few, there seems to be nothing more than a bunch of low quality games to ensnare people.
  • BeachemBeachem579,437
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 18:39
    There's a lot of fun games on that list. The new Gunstringer will be awesome! I wish I had the money to buy a new PC :/
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • TebyxTebyx98,645
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 18:43
    oooo, so many awesome things on that list!
  • Posted on 31 August 12 at 18:45
    ROBomination said:
    Xiao1inSty1e said:
    Win 8 is fail waiting to happen. I'm really hoping Sony steps it up with the PS4. So tired of giving M$ money when all they do is treat us like cash pinatas.
    How dare Microsoft bring us high quality products, and offer things no one else can, better then they could.

Let me just log onto my Sony PC, unlock some Trophies that they'll add 4 years later and then I can upgrade to PSPC+ for $15 a month to DIGITALLY RENT (crappy) games on my $450 version of a GameBoy instead of tablet/laptop hyrbid with full functioning keyboard and controller port. Then maybe afterwards I'll use it's BluRay player to watch my movies that I bought personally, IF they're not copywritten first. I can do all this while listening to my $250 iPod that has to kill my audio quality in order for it to take hours to sort my extensive music collection.
    Haha this is absolutely perfect. I love both Microsoft as well as Sony; I think that both of them have their pros and cons. For example, I love the achievement system that Microsoft has, as opposed to the trophy system on the playstation. I love the dashboard on the playstation better than the xbox though. I have the older elite, that I've had for not even 2 years now, and every single time I load up the dashboard: it freezes. It's only when I connect to XBOX LIVE. Keep in mind that I have a connection that supports 50Mb/s of downloading and 35Mb/s for uploading. The playstation has better hardware and great games, and they are coming out with a Cross play promotion which allows owners of that "$450 gameboy" that you have to get the SAME GAME free when they buy it on the PS3.

I hear the Microsoft surface is going to be priced at $200 for the lower model. I think that's amazing. Windows 8 is awesome, but buggy, but so were many of their OS to start out with. Microsoft is really trying to offer their consumers the best they can, they are trying. It's not like Nintendo that comes out with a cool looking system, but then gives us little kid games to play with no sort of HD or achievement system.

I will definitely buy the Microsoft Surface as well as upgrade to Windows 8. I have a Windows Phone 7, and I guess you could also consider me a no-life for just playing games to get achievements. Almost 55555 for having an account for 2 years.
    Mr. Panda
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,965,893
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 18:48
    Nothing really amazing there....
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip3,754,622
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 18:53
    Uhh, looks like I'll have to put Windows 8 on my PC at some point then. I just installed it on a virtual machine last night and didn't really care for it. I just hope that they eventually add party chat support. With the current GFWL setup, you can only private chat.
  • Posted on 31 August 12 at 19:05
    grex9101 said:
    Oh good.

Glu fucking mobile. More unobtainable achievements on a brand new format!!!

Everyone - boycott Glu games. They take your money happily, but don't give a shit about support. Subhuman scum.
    this is the truth!!!!!!!!
  • AmymazyAmymazy737,703
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 19:14
    I see several games that I'd love to play on PC... just bought a new laptop last night, Win8 here I come.
  • Funky MonkeeFunky Monkee1,705,412
    Posted on 31 August 12 at 19:15
    Wowsers I'm excited
    I'm just an ordinary teenage gamer, with an extraordinary lust for cheevos.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.