Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

"Games with Gold" August Games Confirmed

• matdanmatdan796,595
    Posted on 02 August 13 at 16:04
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Tanelorn82 said:
    Ok, I want to know why Crackdown and DeadRising2 are not on the German marketplace
    Beats me. Knowing how Germany is they probably banned them after finding out there is a hidden symbol in both games that resembles the Nazi Swastika lol.

Or just for the lulz.....
    From what I understand there is a lot of censorship towards violent video games especially those that have terrorists or violent decapitations. But then low level violence games get censored there,
  • iTiiDuS iNciTiiDuS iNc463,578
    Posted on 02 August 13 at 16:34
    The reason why we don't have those Games and DLC is that we Germans have a own rating system like the ESRB or PEGI, it's called USK.
    A lot of games have to be cut even though they are rated M what does piss a lot of people off of course, me included. When companys refuse to cut Games they will not release in Germany and we get no XBL support for them nor DLC or anything.
    So we have to buy the uncut versions of aplenty of games from swiss and Austria and need a VPN for the DLC.
    Jes it IS a pain!
  • Posted on 02 August 13 at 17:25, Edited on 02 August 13 at 17:31 by Chakaal Starr
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Sylvicious said:
    Fuck off, Microsoft!! ...These games (Crackdown and Dead Rising series) are not downloadable at the german marketplace. I really hate Microsoft at the moment.
    As a paying customer you are perfectly entitled to that opinion. Don't let the idiots who defend multi-billion dollar corporations put you down either.

I myself think this one is okay, even though I don't plan on getting them. Sucks that German's can't get it. What you are feeling is basically how I feel with the whole Xbox brand, how Microsoft give everything to the U.S and nothing to me, despite me having to pay a premium price, probably to offset the price for people living in the one and only.

I'll try not get into a rant, so I'll just leave it at 'Crackdown is a great game that gives you some of the most freedom you can experience in an open world game'. There, that should do.

ALSO, to the person above, Halo Wars is a fun game. If you are a fan of the Halo universe, you will like it. It is a bare bones RTS, which is to be expected given it is a console exclusive RTS. It has 2 DLC packs which both have achievements, and both cost 800ms points. One is the most disgraceful DLC I have ever seen, as it is patch material. It is about 2 to 3 MB. Just disgusting.

The online achievements are quite easy, except for reaching general. It is a grindy achievement and will take about 30 hours or so as you need to take turns. I didn t mind it asI thought it was sometimes fun. Just putting it out there.
    It seems ridiculous to me. It has to do with the German government more than it has to do with MS or the xbox brand. That hate would have been deserved maybe if MS didn't provide alternatives. MS was quite accomodating in that aspect. Many giveaways or contests ends at only available in the US because the legal fees go up with every country added, and some countries have some extraordinary rules.

Before you jump to conclusions, I am from Canada, and am not eligible for many XBox features labelled as US only(and some provinces within Canada have different rules from the rest of Canada even, so add even more legal fees). In exchange, I get the perks of not being American though.
  • AlDiesTwiceAlDiesTwice539,367
    Posted on 02 August 13 at 18:10
    Great! I finished Dead Rising 2 on pc but I would love to have it in my xbox and also I haven't played neither Case Zero nor Crackdown.
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye190,522
    Posted on 02 August 13 at 18:14
    Cool first games I don't already have
  • Posted on 02 August 13 at 21:51
    Very nice of Microsoft to give us these great games for free.
    **// Digitally signed by xxCATACLIZMxx \\**
  • Posted on 02 August 13 at 23:07
    Crackdown is just horrible. Won't be wasting my time on this piece of shit.
    Battlefield 3 Xbox Leaderboards - Engineer #14
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 August 13 at 00:17
    DisguisedMike said:
    How come you just won an achievement on this game then? warning
  • matdanmatdan796,595
    Posted on 03 August 13 at 00:48
    Pixxxelz said:
    DisguisedMike said:
    How come you just won an achievement on this game then? warning
    laugh He got busted.
  • Posted on 03 August 13 at 04:17
    Alcoholic Socks said:
    I want Shadowrun! Can I make a German account and get it?
    No, both you and your account both have to be in Germany to get the games.
  • Posted on 03 August 13 at 05:08
    it would be nice if they kept on giving away 3 free games a month just saying !!!!!!!!!
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • Posted on 03 August 13 at 05:54
    Chakaal Starr said:
    It seems ridiculous to me. It has to do with the German government more than it has to do with MS or the xbox brand. That hate would have been deserved maybe if MS didn't provide alternatives. MS was quite accomodating in that aspect. Many giveaways or contests ends at only available in the US because the legal fees go up with every country added, and some countries have some extraordinary rules.

Before you jump to conclusions, I am from Canada, and am not eligible for many XBox features labelled as US only(and some provinces within Canada have different rules from the rest of Canada even, so add even more legal fees). In exchange, I get the perks of not being American though.
    It probably was the German government in this instance. They (the government) are a wacky bunch over there ever since WWII (I wonder why......*cough* elephant in the room *cough*).

I don't take back what I said though. This goes beyond their shitty little competitions. Just look at their disgraceful Xbox One reveal. Do you have any idea how fucking mad that mad me? It was disgusting, alienating and insulting that they would waste my time with their extreme US centric bullshit.

They shoud have just announced at the start of the conference; "If you are not from North America or rather the U.S.A, then f*** off!!! You don't mean shit. Good day :)". My money has been spent elsewhere ever since. MS can suck it.
  • caelichcaelich124,660
    Posted on 03 August 13 at 06:03
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    They shoud have just announced at the start of the conference; "If you are not from North America or rather the U.S.A, then f*** off!!! You don't mean shit. Good day :)". My money has been spent elsewhere ever since. MS can suck it.
    I'm glad you specified the U.S.A. part because I'm in North America too. But theres just one little line on a map and suddenly I miss out on all the good stuff. I can drive south for an hour and be in the states and yet I can't access all the TV and movie apps. It's lame.

I seriously hate countries. Just a bunch of stupid lines on a fucking map. We're all just people. I can't wait until we're intelligent enough to understand that and develop a one world nation.

Sorry for the off topic. redface
    Blue, green, orange, the fun cannot be halted.
  • CroSnakeCroSnake224,445
    Posted on 03 August 13 at 10:28
    Ok, I finally have a reason to migrate my german account to the UK market (where I live at the moment anyway). Otherwise this month's deal sucks. Shadowrun is not really good and I bought it for like 2€ two years ago ...
  • Posted on 03 August 13 at 11:14
    I hate that I am a German cry
    iiEpiczZ I v6
  • matdanmatdan796,595
    Posted on 03 August 13 at 12:26
    iiEpiczZ I v6 said:
    Odd perhaps you mean you hate living in Germany?
  • Posted on 03 August 13 at 13:15, Edited on 03 August 13 at 13:29 by GammyGreenGiant
    caelich said:
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    I'm glad you specified the U.S.A. part because I'm in North America too. But theres just one little line on a map and suddenly I miss out on all the good stuff. I can drive south for an hour and be in the states and yet I can't access all the TV and movie apps. It's lame.

I seriously hate countries. Just a bunch of stupid lines on a fucking map. We're all just people. I can't wait until we're intelligent enough to understand that and develop a one world nation.

Sorry for the off topic. redface
    Sounds a bit dictatoresk, The idea may get banned in Germany
    I'm on TrueTrophies too! PSN- maiden-of-haste
  • Seven ClipSeven Clip364,709
    Posted on 03 August 13 at 13:24
    Sucks it won't let me download the retail free games offered because i'm not in america.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 August 13 at 13:31
    matdan12 said:
    iiEpiczZ I v6 said:
    Nah I think I would hate being a German too laugh
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • matdanmatdan796,595
    Posted on 03 August 13 at 13:53
    Billy Horrible said:
    matdan12 said:
    iiEpiczZ I v6 said:
    Nah I think I would hate being a German too laugh
    Half german and I don't mind it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.