Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: July 23rd, 2013

  • nelis99nelis99155,481
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 07:11
    not good prices
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,917,584
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 07:22
    Got all I need. Cheap week!
  • Vr EnglishVr English775,259
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 09:12
    Esposito MD said:
    LMFAO 20$ FOR CONVICTION! What a rip off
    Yup, £8.99 for RSV2 is a joke too tbh considering you can get it under £4 in stores.
  • Posted on 24 July 13 at 11:54
    Maybe they haven't updated to reflect sale prices yet? #onlyreasonableexplanation
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,656,823
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 11:59
    Vr English said:
    Esposito MD said:
    LMFAO 20$ FOR CONVICTION! What a rip off
    Yup, £8.99 for RSV2 is a joke too tbh considering you can get it under £4 in stores.
    Not as bad as EndWar. $20 for a game with the servers switched off and that you can find used for $5, or less.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • matdanmatdan810,450
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 12:34
    Sashamorning said:
    Vr English said:
    Esposito MD said:
    LMFAO 20$ FOR CONVICTION! What a rip off
    Yup, £8.99 for RSV2 is a joke too tbh considering you can get it under £4 in stores.
    Not as bad as EndWar. $20 for a game with the servers switched off and that you can find used for $5, or less.
    laugh You guys surely must know how to read the prices as in the big yellow writing that has them both at $10. Oh well never mind I hear yellow is a hard to see colour.
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon512,856
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 12:43
    Tom Clancy? Meh. And these are not very good deals for these older games. There have been better sales recently for retail games and on better titles. Another week of me saving my money is fine by me.
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
  • Posted on 24 July 13 at 13:30
    Double Agent any good?
  • Seven ClipSeven Clip368,876
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 16:17
    I prefer the cheaper physical copies to these.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy2,113,301
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 16:26, Edited on 24 July 13 at 16:28 by iMaginaryy
    Thanks to everyone for pointing out these weren't that great of deals, especially conviction! Wasn't sure myself, so it definitely helps a lot!

    Guess I'll look for a physical copies of that, maybe HAWX 2 too...

    edit:
    matdan12 said:
    laugh You guys surely must know how to read the prices as in the big yellow writing that has them both at $10. Oh well never mind I hear yellow is a hard to see colour.
    Mine still has it at 20 normal, 15 for gold members. Prices do vary.
  • Posted on 24 July 13 at 16:59
    Sooo... they're going to be smart and turn the EndWar servers back on after putting it on sale? Right?............. RIGHT?????
  • Posted on 24 July 13 at 17:02
    You've also got to love how they're still selling the Escalation map pack... which has discontinued/unobtainable achievements because they shut down Theater of War... lolz.
  • WereyWerey540,626
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 17:04
    The point is, the sales ARE the YELLOW things. DoTW is for Gold Members. Yes the "normal" prices are overpriced but you need to learn to read.
  • Posted on 24 July 13 at 17:21
    Why is it showing mortal kombat things for my dotw
  • Bardan JusikBardan Jusik221,242
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 18:25
    MS should put some DLC on sale that hasn't been featured for a while (or ever). For example:

    Bulletstorm DLC
    Castlevania: LOS DLC
    Mirror's Edge DLC
    Dead Space 3 DLC
    Halo 4 DLC (at a good price, not 200 MSP off)
    Mass Effect 3 DLC
    etc.
    Long live LOST.
  • LGS I HitmanLGS I Hitman1,442,288
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 18:40
    Bardan Jusik said:
    MS should put some DLC on sale that hasn't been featured for a while (or ever). For example:

    Bulletstorm DLC
    Castlevania: LOS DLC
    Mirror's Edge DLC
    Dead Space 3 DLC
    Halo 4 DLC (at a good price, not 200 MSP off)
    Mass Effect 3 DLC
    etc.
    don't forget mass effect 2 i've been waiting ages for it to go on sale
    Mpphhh mphh mph mphhhh mphhh mhh! - Red Pyro
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 24 July 13 at 19:16
    LGS I Hitman said:
    Bardan Jusik said:
    MS should put some DLC on sale that hasn't been featured for a while (or ever). For example:

    Bulletstorm DLC
    Castlevania: LOS DLC
    Mirror's Edge DLC
    Dead Space 3 DLC
    Halo 4 DLC (at a good price, not 200 MSP off)
    Mass Effect 3 DLC
    etc.
    don't forget mass effect 2 i've been waiting ages for it to go on sale
    Waiting several months for the DLC to go on sale, which will save you (maybe) $10 cumulative isn't worth it. It's really good, just buy it. But if you got the patience of a Shaolin monk to save a few dollars, then kudos to you (I guess).
  • CM TranceCM Trance221,500
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 19:17
    Lame deal. I already own 80% of those games except of the HAWX games... don't care about them. Oh and Conviction but it's not worth it...
  • I darklost II darklost I110,399
    Posted on 24 July 13 at 19:19
    Nah
    Nothing for me cry
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • Posted on 24 July 13 at 19:28, Edited on 25 July 13 at 00:32 by LiveAndDie1Deep
    MicroSOFT needs to learn something from Steam. Steam Summer sale was the last two weeks and it blows any sale MicroSOFT has ever put on out of the water. I spent $60 and got over 40 games I repeat 40 games! Keep bending over for MicroSOFT people instead of upgrading to a beast PC and getting games given to you for dirt cheap. Just Cause was .25cents last week you will never see MicroSOFT do that. PC all day everyday! Y'all have fun with Dead Rising 3 next-gen. I'll be on my PC dumping real Zombie games such as DayZ and both Left4Dead's not the watered down trashbox versions. PC fanboy for life!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.