Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: July 23rd, 2013

  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 25 July 13 at 00:16, Edited on 25 July 13 at 00:18 by
    SSBDenCitySean said:
    MicroSOFT needs to learn something from Steam. Steam Summer sale was the last two weeks and it blows any sale MicroSOFT has ever put on out of the water. I spent $60 and got over 40 games I repeat 40 games! Keep bending over for MicroSOFT people instead of upgrading to a beast PC and getting games given to you for dirt cheap. Just Cause was .25cents last week you will never see MicroSOFT do that. PC all day ever day! Y'all have fun with Dead Rising 3 next-gen. I'll be on my PC dumping real Zombie games such as DayZ and both Left4Dead's not the watered down trashbox versions. PC fanboy for life!
    ..so i guess that makes up for the 1000$ plus you spent on the machine in the first place right? and if u spent less than 800$ i bet your machine cant even handle all the games out there...not to mention the constant need to upgrade graphics cards every year it seems to keep up with the specs....its like a damn car in that u seem to always be replacing or upgrading something every year or less...NO THANK U...prices are super cheap there cause the community is much smaller
    Signature?...sure someone please hand me my pen
  • LGS I HitmanLGS I Hitman1,438,043
    Posted on 25 July 13 at 00:40
    Literate77 said:
    LGS I Hitman said:
    Bardan Jusik said:
    MS should put some DLC on sale that hasn't been featured for a while (or ever). For example:

    Bulletstorm DLC
    Castlevania: LOS DLC
    Mirror's Edge DLC
    Dead Space 3 DLC
    Halo 4 DLC (at a good price, not 200 MSP off)
    Mass Effect 3 DLC
    etc.
    don't forget mass effect 2 i've been waiting ages for it to go on sale
    Waiting several months for the DLC to go on sale, which will save you (maybe) $10 cumulative isn't worth it. It's really good, just buy it. But if you got the patience of a Shaolin monk to save a few dollars, then kudos to you (I guess).
    I have plenty of other games to play in the mean time, i just don't want to pay what there charging as i personally think it's a rip-off for how much content you get when it goes on sale i'll get it but not until.
    Mpphhh mphh mph mphhhh mphhh mhh! - Red Pyro
  • Posted on 25 July 13 at 00:52
    GAMERx420x4LIFE said:
    SSBDenCitySean said:
    MicroSOFT needs to learn something from Steam. Steam Summer sale was the last two weeks and it blows any sale MicroSOFT has ever put on out of the water. I spent $60 and got over 40 games I repeat 40 games! Keep bending over for MicroSOFT people instead of upgrading to a beast PC and getting games given to you for dirt cheap. Just Cause was .25cents last week you will never see MicroSOFT do that. PC all day ever day! Y'all have fun with Dead Rising 3 next-gen. I'll be on my PC dumping real Zombie games such as DayZ and both Left4Dead's not the watered down trashbox versions. PC fanboy for life!
    ..so i guess that makes up for the 1000$ plus you spent on the machine in the first place right? and if u spent less than 800$ i bet your machine cant even handle all the games out there...not to mention the constant need to upgrade graphics cards every year it seems to keep up with the specs....its like a damn car in that u seem to always be replacing or upgrading something every year or less...NO THANK U...prices are super cheap there cause the community is much smaller
    Hell yeah it makes up for it I can run games how they are meant to be play on max settings while your on a dated ass box that are lagging 4 years behind PC can't even handle all the dashboard ads. I wish I would have upgraded to PC years ago instead of staying with trashbox. My launch jasper had ROD in less than a year sent it to MicroSOFT and they sent it back with a DVD drive that couldn't read disc. So I send that back they fix it and it gets lost on the way back from MicroSOFT that's Fedex's fault I'm not blaming MicroSOFT for that. But it sucks cause no more launch console for me. Then they send a used beat up ass arcade edition didn't last a month. So I go buy a brand new arcade edition and that one treated me better than the others it lasted 2 years and what do you know I go to turn it on and Error E73 pops on screen. Around that time kinect just released with the new slim suppose to be the last Xbox 360 you'll ever need to buy. Wrong disc drive went out within a year. Now I'm on my Gears console which I didn't plan on using and guess what I ain't because my PC does everything better. Now tell me Xbox isn't trash I just won't listen cause you have your head shoved so far up MicroSOFT's ass that you can't see the truth. Keep bending over and getting fucked by MicroSOFT with no lube too damn that must hurt I know they hurt.
    PC 4 LIFE
  • matdanmatdan810,169
    Posted on 25 July 13 at 01:04
    SSBDenCitySean said:
    GAMERx420x4LIFE said:
    SSBDenCitySean said:
    MicroSOFT needs to learn something from Steam. Steam Summer sale was the last two weeks and it blows any sale MicroSOFT has ever put on out of the water. I spent $60 and got over 40 games I repeat 40 games! Keep bending over for MicroSOFT people instead of upgrading to a beast PC and getting games given to you for dirt cheap. Just Cause was .25cents last week you will never see MicroSOFT do that. PC all day ever day! Y'all have fun with Dead Rising 3 next-gen. I'll be on my PC dumping real Zombie games such as DayZ and both Left4Dead's not the watered down trashbox versions. PC fanboy for life!
    ..so i guess that makes up for the 1000$ plus you spent on the machine in the first place right? and if u spent less than 800$ i bet your machine cant even handle all the games out there...not to mention the constant need to upgrade graphics cards every year it seems to keep up with the specs....its like a damn car in that u seem to always be replacing or upgrading something every year or less...NO THANK U...prices are super cheap there cause the community is much smaller
    Hell yeah it makes up for it I can run games how they are meant to be play on max settings while your on a dated ass box that are lagging 4 years behind PC can't even handle all the dashboard ads. I wish I would have upgraded to PC years ago instead of staying with trashbox. My launch jasper had ROD in less than a year sent it to MicroSOFT and they sent it back with a DVD drive that couldn't read disc. So I send that back they fix it and it gets lost on the way back from MicroSOFT that's Fedex's fault I'm not blaming MicroSOFT for that. But it sucks cause no more launch console for me. Then they send a used beat up ass arcade edition didn't last a month. So I go buy a brand new arcade edition and that one treated me better than the others it lasted 2 years and what do you know I go to turn it on and Error E73 pops on screen. Around that time kinect just released with the new slim suppose to be the last Xbox 360 you'll ever need to buy. Wrong disc drive went out within a year. Now I'm on my Gears console which I didn't plan on using and guess what I ain't because my PC does everything better. Now tell me Xbox isn't trash I just won't listen cause you have your head shoved so far up MicroSOFT's ass that you can't see the truth. Keep bending over and getting fucked by MicroSOFT with no lube too damn that must hurt I know they hurt.
    Must of been something you did then I still have an arcade edition 5plus years later don't think that everyone has the same issues as you. I prefer console as at least it is fairly easy to find a disc for most things mean less time downloading and more time playing. Yeah gotta love a PC elitist that rants at least put some effort into what your saying.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,284,890
    Posted on 25 July 13 at 04:50
    End war has way too many disco'd achievements with NO DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And they are ALL TOO EXPENSIVE for such old games. @#$# off microsoft. only deal was the DLC
  • Posted on 25 July 13 at 10:03
    Conviction for £8.99 is tempting.
    I haven't seen the game in shops for a while and when I have its been for stupid money.
  • Posted on 25 July 13 at 10:05
    Syntr said:
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY said:
    I wish Xbox would do better deals like playstation. Everybody that wanted these already have them. Xbox needs to step up on the deals.
    I just got PlayStation plus and got 4 retail games free, and they weren't old as shit.
    And when you stop paying for PS+ ?
    What happens then?
  • iDarK VenoMiDarK VenoM146,189
    Posted on 25 July 13 at 10:49
    Way too expensive for games that are getting quite old for some of them.
    The only one I was really interested in was Conviction but it is cheaper on some Internet retailers so I'm gonna save my money for the new Splinter Cell instead.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 25 July 13 at 22:09
    A few weeks back both Advanced Warfighter games were $5 each, and I'm pretty sure Conviction is less than $15 at Gamestop.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,644,074
    Posted on 25 July 13 at 23:10
    matdan12 said:
    Sashamorning said:
    Vr English said:
    Esposito MD said:
    LMFAO 20$ FOR CONVICTION! What a rip off
    Yup, £8.99 for RSV2 is a joke too tbh considering you can get it under £4 in stores.
    Not as bad as EndWar. $20 for a game with the servers switched off and that you can find used for $5, or less.
    laugh You guys surely must know how to read the prices as in the big yellow writing that has them both at $10. Oh well never mind I hear yellow is a hard to see colour.
    laugh I guess I looked at the game page before that big yellow writing was there. You know, when the story came out but before the prices were posted. When the story said that we had to click to see the prices.

    I'm certainly not a mind reader, so I guess I had to wait to post. Therefore, I'll amend my previous post, since it seems you actually can read minds and knew what those prices were.

    Not as bad as EndWar. $10 for a game with the servers switched off and that you can find used for $5, or less.

    Tell me now, did you predict the contents of this post, too? Forgive me for not being psychic. I'll work harder on that.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • Posted on 26 July 13 at 00:00
    Rainbow Six Vegas $9.99 or on amazon $.01 + $3.99 shipping.

    Vegas 2 $14.99 or amazon $3.65 + $3.99 shipping.

    That was a really tough decision...
  • Posted on 26 July 13 at 03:24
    Bardan Jusik said:
    MS should put some DLC on sale that hasn't been featured for a while (or ever). For example:

    Bulletstorm DLC
    Castlevania: LOS DLC
    Mirror's Edge DLC
    Dead Space 3 DLC
    Halo 4 DLC (at a good price, not 200 MSP off)
    Mass Effect 3 DLC
    etc.
    EA tend to have a January sale... I would imagine that DS3 and ME3 (is Mirrors edge EA?) will likely be reduced then.
  • Freezer965Freezer965319,764
    Posted on 26 July 13 at 07:48
    Rainbox Six Vegas and Ghost Recan Advanced Warfighter are old as fuck! 10€ is way to much! I mean they sold Bulletstorm for 5€ -.-
  • Posted on 29 July 13 at 20:23
    matdan12 said:
    SSBDenCitySean said:
    GAMERx420x4LIFE said:
    SSBDenCitySean said:
    MicroSOFT needs to learn something from Steam. Steam Summer sale was the last two weeks and it blows any sale MicroSOFT has ever put on out of the water. I spent $60 and got over 40 games I repeat 40 games! Keep bending over for MicroSOFT people instead of upgrading to a beast PC and getting games given to you for dirt cheap. Just Cause was .25cents last week you will never see MicroSOFT do that. PC all day ever day! Y'all have fun with Dead Rising 3 next-gen. I'll be on my PC dumping real Zombie games such as DayZ and both Left4Dead's not the watered down trashbox versions. PC fanboy for life!
    ..so i guess that makes up for the 1000$ plus you spent on the machine in the first place right? and if u spent less than 800$ i bet your machine cant even handle all the games out there...not to mention the constant need to upgrade graphics cards every year it seems to keep up with the specs....its like a damn car in that u seem to always be replacing or upgrading something every year or less...NO THANK U...prices are super cheap there cause the community is much smaller
    Hell yeah it makes up for it I can run games how they are meant to be play on max settings while your on a dated ass box that are lagging 4 years behind PC can't even handle all the dashboard ads. I wish I would have upgraded to PC years ago instead of staying with trashbox. My launch jasper had ROD in less than a year sent it to MicroSOFT and they sent it back with a DVD drive that couldn't read disc. So I send that back they fix it and it gets lost on the way back from MicroSOFT that's Fedex's fault I'm not blaming MicroSOFT for that. But it sucks cause no more launch console for me. Then they send a used beat up ass arcade edition didn't last a month. So I go buy a brand new arcade edition and that one treated me better than the others it lasted 2 years and what do you know I go to turn it on and Error E73 pops on screen. Around that time kinect just released with the new slim suppose to be the last Xbox 360 you'll ever need to buy. Wrong disc drive went out within a year. Now I'm on my Gears console which I didn't plan on using and guess what I ain't because my PC does everything better. Now tell me Xbox isn't trash I just won't listen cause you have your head shoved so far up MicroSOFT's ass that you can't see the truth. Keep bending over and getting fucked by MicroSOFT with no lube too damn that must hurt I know they hurt.
    Must of been something you did then I still have an arcade edition 5plus years later don't think that everyone has the same issues as you. I prefer console as at least it is fairly easy to find a disc for most things mean less time downloading and more time playing. Yeah gotta love a PC elitist that rants at least put some effort into what your saying.
    Yeah it was something I did it is called buying a Xbox. You prefer consoles cause your dumb as shit and can't wrap your head around how to set up games. Also keep hating on PC you wouldn't have your achievement BOASTING site if it wasn't for PC. Cause Xbox damn sure couldn't put together a site like this.
    PC 4 LIFE
  • Posted on 30 July 13 at 00:44
    SSBDenCitySean said:
    I spent $60 and got over 40 games I repeat 40 games!
    Any chance that you could list those games? The past 2 steam sales (winter+summer) have been absolutely crap compared to what they used to offer - unless you have only bought really old games, or really bad games, then I find your $1.5 claim to be hard to believe.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.