Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBLA Wednesday: June 26th, 2013

• BaneDainBaneDain458,438
    Posted on 25 June 13 at 14:19
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Can't wait for magic! first day buy....I'm going to work.... speeding, speeding home, and playing it all day, night, and all day Thursday.

when I get 400 I'll play Spartacus.
    Spartacus is Free so why are you not getting it the same day...

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

Been waiting for Spartacus for a while now looks like Deadliest Warrior with RPG like progression and really looks like the best Gladiator orientated game we are likely to get (at least any time soon) cant wait might even buy some micro transactions as I want it to succeed so we can get more similar games [Im assuming it has them as its free]
    (if its any good of course.)
  • BaneDainBaneDain458,438
  • ArcheimArcheim429,673
    Posted on 25 June 13 at 15:34, Edited on 25 June 13 at 15:39 by Archeim
    Counter - i suppose i didnt understand what you meant a few pages back. apologies. (keeping with the spartacus theme)

At wizard World i got a chance to get a picture with Manu Bennett who played Crixus (The Undefeated Gaul) and i thought i was original for thinking to do this (the gladiator arm shake thing) but others did it as well, but it's okay. Nice guy.

From the trailer it looks like you win gold from your victories which you can use to upgrade your gear.

If anyone here had regular xbox, speaking of gladiator games... i miss Gladius. It was from EA and it was actually pretty good. Sorta like gladiator Final Fantasy Tactics... but with mini-game things for each attack in order to do more damage. They should have done a sequel.

NINJA EDIT: if you havent seen spartacus (on Starz) most of it is on dvd. The Actor who played Sparty in the first season passed away... so then they did a prequel season, and then 2 more seasons with a different lead playing Sparty. I loved the original actor (Andy Whitfield) and was sad when he passed away, but Liam who they got to play him afterwards did a great job and the storytelling (and the blood, guts, and nudity) was top notch and i highly recommend it.

You should watch it in order:

Spartacus: Blood and Sand (season 1)
    Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (prequel season... introduces one of my favorite characters)
    Spartacus: Vengeance (season 2)
    Spartacus: War of the Damned (season 3)

I am jealous of everyone who hasnt watched it, as i'd love the "first time watching" experience again on a FAN-FRICKING-TASTIC show.
  • Posted on 25 June 13 at 15:53
    I didn't realize they made a third season. I'm definitely going to check that out.
    Rollus Tidus
  • Posted on 25 June 13 at 17:46
    I am still waiting for Magrunner to hit XBLA. :)
    Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
  • ArcheimArcheim429,673
    Posted on 25 June 13 at 17:52
    Mr Granstaff said:
    I didn't realize they made a third season. I'm definitely going to check that out.
    Yep... it's the final season as well. Thank me later.
  • Posted on 25 June 13 at 18:21
    It broke my heart in the second season when:

I'll thank you now! laugh As soon as I get off work, I'm getting it!
    Rollus Tidus
  • ArcheimArcheim429,673
    Posted on 25 June 13 at 19:59, Edited on 25 June 13 at 20:00 by Archeim
    Hasnt been released on DVD yet. As far as i know you can get the individual episodes possibly on amazon with season pass, or if you have Starz (said in the voice of Nemesis from Resident evil) can watch on demand.

And if you think that was sad... you have a lot of sad (and a lot of amazing) to come. I do agree though. That event was hella sad.

Spoiler (because i'm a Jerk and not using a spoiler tag) - The Titanic Sinks in the End.

(And you are welcome)
  • GORBASH CELTGORBASH CELT138,903
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 June 13 at 02:54
    BaneDain said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Can't wait for magic! first day buy....I'm going to work.... speeding, speeding home, and playing it all day, night, and all day Thursday.

when I get 400 I'll play Spartacus.
    Spartacus is Free so why are you not getting it the same day...

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

Been waiting for Spartacus for a while now looks like Deadliest Warrior with RPG like progression and really looks like the best Gladiator orientated game we are likely to get (at least any time soon) cant wait might even buy some micro transactions as I want it to succeed so we can get more similar games [Im assuming it has them as its free]
    (if its any good of course.)
    Because I will be playing magic ONLY till I get 400gs....I have my coffee ready to go....2 cans of Starbucks vanilla energy coffee..... toss em in the freezer for 1 and 1/2 hours and its "magic" :-)

but yah when I get 400 I will play Spartacus
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Posted on 26 June 13 at 03:21
    Archeim said:
    PS... Spartacus was an absolutely AMAZING SHOW.
    Is the show over for good? I'd be interested in purchasing the Spartacus game just because of the show but it being free makes it that much better.
    Each One Teach One
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator289,179
    Posted on 26 June 13 at 13:18
    oh wow the Spartacus game is free? downloading that now xD
  • PeriodicRxPeriodicRx357,791
    Posted on 26 June 13 at 15:00
    Is spartacus available? I didn't have any luck finding the game to d/l.
  • ArcheimArcheim429,673
    Posted on 26 June 13 at 15:34
    The show is over unfortunately. As it is based on Historical Fiction it had to end sometime, and they went out with a bang.

Watch in the order below...

Spartacus Blood and Sand (s1)
    Spartacus Gods of the Arena (S0 [prequel season)
    Spartacus Vengeance (s2)
    Spartacus War of the Damned (s3)

Everything but War of the Damned is on DVD. Until that releases it can be seen on starz on demand, and maybe amazon and/or itunes. It has a LOT of nudity/violence/language. But it's incredible. So many memorable characters.

Unfortunately Andy (who played Spartacus in Season 1) had his cancer return, so he and the director/producer people decided to give the role of sparty to Liam in season 2-3. Andy passed away :(

The only other actor/actress that changed was the one who played Naviea which happened between the prequel and s2.

And i was able to queue up my download at about 7:30 am Eastern Time.
  • Posted on 26 June 13 at 15:39
    I'm still debating if changing actresses for Naviea was a good thing or not - I liked the original character.

And, while I frown upon when the changing of roles happens, I absolutely understand why the role of Spartacus had to change. It was a innovative way on how they were giving Andy time to recuperate too by adding the prequel season between the two seasons.

At any rate, while I prefer the original, the replacement did a fine job. In my opinion, he wasn't an exact replacement, but he added his own flare to it.
    Rollus Tidus
  • ArcheimArcheim429,673
    Posted on 26 June 13 at 17:05
    The original actress for Naviea got a role in something that she found more important... so she declined to be in the show in the future. I did not like her replacement much.

Liam wasnt Andy... Andy was truly amazing. Liam was liam, and i think he did a great job.
  • misterman08misterman08948,264
    Posted on 26 June 13 at 17:31
    ah yes spartacus..another broke ass xbla game at release...server issues just like happy wars has from time to time, just like crash course 2 had a release...even more reason all games should have a beta or at least a stress test to see if servers will work....tired of games coming out and not being able to ply cuz their servers blow...must be EA servers
  • Posted on 27 June 13 at 00:30, Edited on 27 June 13 at 00:30 by VenomSlash8771
    ^
    cant complain about a free game, guess Ill try to play it tomorrow. Beer and borderlands2 I guess
    Native Pride
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 June 13 at 00:34
    thevenom66 said:
    ^
    cant complain about a free game, guess Ill try to play it tomorrow. Beer and borderlands2 I guess
    I disagree, man. Just because a game is free shouldn't mean it gets a free pass to be faulty, glitchy or broken.
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • HanxHanx1,399,078
    Posted on 27 June 13 at 01:18
    litepink said:
    Sphinx OG said:
    Roll on magic but since i will lose it come november im buying it on steam and ditching xbox
    I forgot, November is the month where all of our Xbox 360 purchases are deleted and rendered useless. Thanks for the reminder.
    They won't be deleted or rendered useless, just keep your 360.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.