Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

EA Puts Fight Night Franchise On Hold

• litepinklitepink295,819
  • Posted on 25 May 13 at 23:10
    cry Prefer boxing to UFC by a long way!
    Are we born not knowing or are we born knowing all,are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 May 13 at 23:14
    Thank god! I hate those boring games
    UFC all day, More styles than just punching
    Thor~
  • Posted on 25 May 13 at 23:14
    This is representative of the real world too. Boxing, with its countless title belts and few superstars, is failing to keep up with the rockstars at UFC both behind the scenes and in the octagon. I can name about 30 UFC fighters and only two or three boxers and I'm not much of a fan of either.
    Twitter: @N0TPENNYSB0AT || Instagram: @mdelaney4127
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,467,367
    Posted on 25 May 13 at 23:31
    Pure Vapour 420 said:
    cry Prefer boxing to UFC by a long way!
    Boxing is a sport, UFC is a company. Don't know why but it really bugs me when people call the sport UFC instead of MMA.

OT - Looking forward to this smile
    Guides in progress - MotionSports, MotionSports: Adrenaline
  • DrShoe1976DrShoe1976308,002
    Posted on 25 May 13 at 23:47
    MMA is just more exciting than boxing, goes way back into the politics....

Helps that MMA puts out great fights! Boxing will not exist in 30yrs.
  • TXMOOKTXMOOK1,482,833
    Posted on 25 May 13 at 23:59
    ,like both sports to bad Fight Night is being put on hold.

@ not pennys boat just because boxing is not huge in the US at the moment doesn't mean its not huge else where. 60k at a fight in China for a debut fight and 35k in San Antonio for a match and that's just in the last couple of months. Not to mention that top boxers make way more $$$ then top UFC fighters.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 May 13 at 23:59
    TDrShoe1976 said:
    MMA is just more exciting than boxing, goes way back into the politics....

Helps that MMA puts out great fights! Boxing will not exist in 30yrs.
    Totally agree. Kids will be like whats boxing and they will be watching it in black and white ( if you know what i mean )
    Thor~
  • acedawg4acedawg41,813,766
    Posted on 26 May 13 at 00:22
    Boxing will always be around.....fuck EA
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty563,315
    Posted on 26 May 13 at 00:39
    UFC isn't even a sport. Boxing all the way!!
  • Posted on 26 May 13 at 00:47
    acedawg4 said:
    Yeah I hope so, I was brought up around boxing from a young age, my uncle taught it at the local gym. There`s not loads of household names around nowadays like there was 10/15 years ago, but it`s still a huge sport just check how much they get paid...Even trained with Nigel Benn in Tenerife many years ago and know Carl Froch (who just won an amazing fight tonight by points decision against Mikkel Kessler) as we both lived in Gedling, Nottingham when we were younger.
    Are we born not knowing or are we born knowing all,are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall.
  • TOM USMCTOM USMC107,363
    Posted on 26 May 13 at 00:58, Edited on 26 May 13 at 01:05 by TOM USMC
    It is sad that boxing is in the state that it is, but they don't need to look any further than in the mirror for the reasons it is on the way out. MMA is on the rise but it hasn't been tested for legs. It may be the dominate fighting style in the near future, but I doubt boxing goes away. Even though they both are fighting sports they are, practically speaking, light years apart. It is like comparing apples and oranges.
    Semper Fi
  • Posted on 26 May 13 at 00:59
    UFC haha ah what a joke FUCK UFC boxing all the way NEXT STATEMENT which has HAD more history UFC OR BOXING ................. BOXING right arguement solved NOW FUCK OFF
  • Posted on 26 May 13 at 02:29
    matt the dragon said:
    UFC haha ah what a joke FUCK UFC boxing all the way NEXT STATEMENT which has HAD more history UFC OR BOXING ................. BOXING right arguement solved NOW FUCK OFF
    Weird because Mixed martial arts has been around at least as long as boxing, maybe not in the same form as today (and no, boxing did not start out in the same form as it is today either). Have an opinion but at least make it sound like you are not ten years old.
    N0t mY F4u1T y0u 5uCk!
  • Posted on 26 May 13 at 03:02
    I prefer the sport UFC rather than the company of boxing. laugh
    Microsoft just screwed the pooch with the Xbox One.
  • JonDeezieJonDeezie234,917 234,917 GamerScore
    Posted on 26 May 13 at 03:20
    I loved getting my Bi-Yearly Game of Fight night even if it was EA, but all you guys can enjoy your EA UFC and not THQ UFC. Pretty mad about this one.
  • MarkyshizzleMarkyshizzle1,738,109
    Posted on 26 May 13 at 03:30
    BRING BACK thq's WCW VS NWO REVENGE!
  • o Berserkro Berserkr60,007
    Posted on 26 May 13 at 03:35
    matt the dragon said:
    I think I might have been able to understand this, but then I gave up.

OT: I am a huge fan of both Boxing and MMA. However, I have yet to be satisfied by either with a video game representing these. EA needs to stop making both, period.
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin359,059
    Posted on 26 May 13 at 04:38
    Pure Vapour 420 said:
    acedawg4 said:
    Yeah I hope so, I was brought up around boxing from a young age, my uncle taught it at the local gym. There`s not loads of household names around nowadays like there was 10/15 years ago, but it`s still a huge sport just check how much they get paid...Even trained with Nigel Benn in Tenerife many years ago and know Carl Froch (who just won an amazing fight tonight by points decision against Mikkel Kessler) as we both lived in Gedling, Nottingham when we were younger.
    Nice man i was following thd match via TalkSport over here (was into Smash Bros to find ahem *means* to watch the game) and it sounded thrilling.

I love Fight Night, FN Round 3 was exhilerating and fun, i didn't get the other two because of my lack of funds and difficulty finding the games here but one of my proudest moments was when Champion just came out and someone was streaming Champion Mode and all day i was in the chat giving him boxing advice and just completly getting into the game and the movements like i was a spectator and coach. It was exhilerating and made me so happy when he actually took my advice and succeeded. So to me this is absolutely sadnews
    I'm Awkward With Potential: Boss Major
  • Posted on 26 May 13 at 04:42
    All you UFC fanboys trashing boxing can prop MMA up over boxing when the PPV numbers become something resembling close. Somewhere, De La Hoya is laughing at UFC's "big ticket" fights. I like the UFC as much as the next guy, but come on people. Floyd Mayweather will have earned a billion dollars when all is said and done. Can we say the same about Silva?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.