Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

EA Puts Fight Night Franchise On Hold

• Skanker irlSkanker irl721,517
    Posted on 27 May 13 at 16:21
    Darkest Lion said:
    Of course making 1 billion $ counts...shows HOW popular it is..don't see the local tiddly winks comp taking up much news/fame/popularity. But if more people watch hockey then the money gets higher that's capitalism for you.

Mike tyson was a bad choice he was/is a disgrace to boxing..raped a young girl and got 6 years..he doesn't make wise choices.

both are games and are good..as sports though boxing rocks i cannot name as single ufc bloke...oh wait..er..Hulk hogan. oop's thats wrestling..my bad

do you try to fill a bucket of holes with water!! i think you do.
    Tyson is a legend, regardless or what he did outside the ring. Anyone not respecting his skills, is definitely not a boxing fan.

You can name UFC fighters, you are just trolling. They are the ones getting their faces on magazine covers when boxers used to.
    No Mercy.
  • Posted on 27 May 13 at 17:11, Edited on 27 May 13 at 17:13 by Pure Vapour 420
    This post is contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    Are we born not knowing or are we born knowing all,are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall.
  • TOM USMCTOM USMC107,365
    Posted on 27 May 13 at 17:44, Edited on 27 May 13 at 17:45 by TOM USMC
    This post is contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    Semper Fi
  • Posted on 27 May 13 at 18:12, Edited on 27 May 13 at 18:14 by Pure Vapour 420
    Are we born not knowing or are we born knowing all,are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall.
    Posted on 27 May 13 at 20:03
    Carter's and Tyson's situation are totally different.
    Semper Fi
  • Posted on 27 May 13 at 20:30
    You think so...I certainly don`t!
  • SmedsSmeds297,629
    Posted on 28 May 13 at 01:07
    IrishBeatdown said:
    All you UFC fanboys trashing boxing can prop MMA up over boxing when the PPV numbers become something resembling close. Somewhere, De La Hoya is laughing at UFC's "big ticket" fights. I like the UFC as much as the next guy, but come on people. Floyd Mayweather will have earned a billion dollars when all is said and done. Can we say the same about Silva?
    Funny thing is, those are the only 2 boxers I know of. I know a lot more names from UFC than I do from boxing. There may not be any superstars or insanely rich guys like Mayweather or De La Hoya, but there are a lot of great fighters in the UFC that are just as good at their work. Give UFC a couple of years. It will more than likely explode into something larger than boxing has been in the past couple of decades.

Hopefully EA will be able to figure out some new stuff with the increased effort on UFC. I'd like to play one again. Didn't care much for UFC 2009.
    I'm entitled to my opinion.
  • Posted on 28 May 13 at 02:57
    Punch-Out or go home. Thanks.
    I win. Why? Because I win. Deal.
  • Posted on 28 May 13 at 03:05
    I'm pissed because i can guarantee, it isnt on hold, its gone forever. I respect MMA and know a great many UFC fighters. more so than in boxing. however i've played the ufc games and the fight night games, and fight night is just SUCH a better game. better graphics, better physics, more polish. fight night all the way. Fight night champion is a good way for the series to go, though. definitely ended on a good note. and as far as im concerned, it would be hard to make a boxing game better than it.
  • Posted on 28 May 13 at 07:17
  • Vr EnglishVr English687,152
    Posted on 28 May 13 at 09:13
    Chunkeh Munkeh said:
    Pure Vapour 420 said:
    cry Prefer boxing to UFC by a long way!
    Boxing is a sport, UFC is a company. Don't know why but it really bugs me when people call the sport UFC instead of MMA.

OT - Looking forward to this smile
    I can totally understand that...

On topic, have the UFC games improved? I hated the only one I played but really wanted to like it.
  • FL trooper beFL trooper be1,412,785
    Posted on 28 May 13 at 10:34
    Mars A7X said:
    UFC is fixed.
    Most of dont even know what the fuck you are talking about.MMA is the name of the sport, UFC the biggest promotion. And MMA fixed??? You have no clue what full contact combatsports are about you retard lol.Watch some more wwe or something.Both games were great (UFC3 and EA MMA) .If you dont like it , sty away from it . just dont start bitching because its too complex game for some of you lol.MMA haters dont know shit.It's the only true combatsport and get used to it cuz it's here to stay. Come on EA, Give us the same remplate of EA MMA but with full Zuffa licenses. (Pride, UFC, Strikeforce, and WEC maybe?)
    MMA gamers out there, EA UFC will be AWESOME!
    FL trooper be
  • FL trooper beFL trooper be1,412,785
    Posted on 28 May 13 at 10:47
    DOOM The Return said:
    IrishBeatdown said:
    All you UFC fanboys trashing boxing can prop MMA up over boxing when the PPV numbers become something resembling close. Somewhere, De La Hoya is laughing at UFC's "big ticket" fights. I like the UFC as much as the next guy, but come on people. Floyd Mayweather will have earned a billion dollars when all is said and done. Can we say the same about Silva?
    Actually, De La Hoya is an MMA fan and a friend of Dana White. You seem a bit misinformed. Just because less corrupt money is tied up in the sport doesn't mean it's worse. There are multiple boxers moving towards MMA because they know where the growth is. You can't say the same on the other side of things. Before getting excited about posting your opinion on the internet, try having a clue about what you're talking about.
    Exactly bro , He is. Lol Dana White himself an ex-boxer and fighter.He even challenged Tito for a private couple rounds to settle their differences a couple years ago when they had their beef lol Like I said most of the guys trashing MMA as sport dont know what the hell they talk about.I follow full contact combatsports since my teens and still don't miss a single event of the top promotions. MMA has been there since over 60 years jumpstarted by the Gracies and their Gracie challenges and extreme fighting championship or NHB contests. so haters, do your research because you doont make sense at all.
    FL trooper be
  • o SeduLOUs oo SeduLOUs o570,972
    Posted on 28 May 13 at 10:48, Edited on 28 May 13 at 11:01 by o SeduLOUs o
    On a slightly unrelated note, I want to express my concern at the choice of front page carousel picture for this new article. I personally despise UFC etc because 'in my opinion' it is barbaric and watching it makes me feel physically sick.

This isn't a 'UFC should be made illegal' post or even me attempting to draw debate. I appreciate that it is a legitimate consensual and skilled sport, but it is quite graphically violent and therefore offensive to a lot of people, including myself.

The choice of image for this news article is pretty graphic, and even though it's an animation it's fairly realistic, and I really don't like it. I also wonder how appropriate it might be for any children visiting the website.
    Blog: dtiapril.wordpress.com Twitter: @dtiapril
  • Posted on 28 May 13 at 11:07, Edited on 28 May 13 at 11:22 by Pure Vapour 420
  • Mr GranstaffMr Granstaff1,534,108
    Posted on 28 May 13 at 12:09
    There's a lot of harsh debate going on. There's only one way to settle this: in the octagon! laugh

By the way, maybe I missed it or the game is too early in development, but is there a roster listing out yet?
    Rollus Tidus
    Posted on 28 May 13 at 12:29
    Mr Granstaff said:
    There's a lot of harsh debate going on. There's only one way to settle this: in the octagon! laugh

By the way, maybe I missed it or the game is too early in development, but is there a roster listing out yet?
    LOL I'll stick to verbal disagreements. My fighting days are done, too old and out of shape. Now if we want to go to the rifle range and score target shooting . . . I'm in.
    Semper Fi
  • Posted on 28 May 13 at 12:57
    Its funny how some makes this a UFC vs Boxing where the true MMA fan sees Boxing as a combat art and UFC as organisation and we enjoy any fighting game may it be Boxing or MMA
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,201,983
    Posted on 28 May 13 at 13:07
    MMA is great if you like watching 2 men roll around on the floor together...
  • Posted on 28 May 13 at 13:13
    Sensei Neo said:
    MMA is great if you like watching 2 men roll around on the floor together...
    Ignorant implication of the year. Good job, pal. wink
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.