Film and TV Forum

For discussions on upcoming films, films in general, TV shows and the like

Rate the last movie you saw

AuthorMessage
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 14 October 08 at 00:54
Rate the last movie you saw! A few simple rules apply:

1.Use a 1-10 scale (halfs are okay)

2.Identify what format (theater, DVD, VHS, etc.)

3.A brief review of why you gave it that score

4.Optional: A brief overview of the movie (story).

Have fun!
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 14 October 08 at 00:58
DVD: Because I Said So

7/10.

Pretty funny for a chick flick, like the part with the Asian ma souses. The movie is a little older, but if you are looking for a good movie to watch with your girl, this one is good.
xGodDogx
xGodDogx
Posted on 14 October 08 at 01:24
DVD

The Vistor

3/10
I thought the story line was too slow. and the movie would never end. when it did wasent expecting it. as it just ended suddenly.
NightStalkar
NightStalkar
Posted on 14 October 08 at 09:54, Edited on 14 October 08 at 09:55 by NightStalkar
Big **ts, Round %$#es - Volume 7

10/10

haha, jokes laugh

-----------------------

Last one I saw was "Dark Knight", took me forever, but it was worth the wait for the Imax.

10/10!!

I'm pretty sure everyone knows what this one is, but wow, the IMaX experience took it to a whole new level of awesome.
zigs00
zigs00
Posted on 14 October 08 at 11:46
I watched Baby Mama last night that i bought on dvd yes sir definitely did not download the torrent of it oh, no no no.

I'd give it a 7/10.
Pretty funny in parts, but annoying predictable and bit of a crappy ending. I love Tina Fey though, so that was a definite win, and her and Amy Poelher together are always brilliantly funny. I had thought beforehand that Fey had written it, so that was a disappointing realisation halfway through, i can imagine it being a much better film if she was in more control.
Steve Martin was hilarious in it, i'd forgotten that he could actually be funny after the last ~10 years of shit he's done.
Ninjah Monkey
Ninjah Monkey
Posted on 14 October 08 at 22:12
Iron Man

Rating: 8/10

It was a good movie just that it takes awhile for the action to begin, the mechanical arm in the movie called 'dummy' is just the best.
Clever Jake
Clever Jake
Posted on 15 October 08 at 12:39
Toy Story DVD

7/10

Good movie but after the 1000th viewing it kind of becomes boring, anyone who has young kids here will know what I'm on about.
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 16 October 08 at 02:34
Iron Man

8/10

Pretty good movie, I enjoyed Hulk 2 more, but this one kept my attention. I'm not a huge fan of Robert Downey, but he did well in this movie and fit the role of Stark perfectly. Action was awesome and the CG was top-notch, throw in some comical bits that makes it a definite must see for action fans or marvel fans.
Blood Inside
Blood Inside
Posted on 16 October 08 at 13:41
The Incredible Hulk (BLU RAY)

8/10

The new version with Ed Norton.

Really rather enjoyed this, which was surprising as a) Never really cared for "The Hulk" as far as marvel characters go and b) pretty much went into it expecting it to be a heap of crap. Was pleasantly surprised on all counts - good fun.

From a techie-geek point of view, the AV transfer wasn't as sharp or impressive as a lot of other Blu-Rays, which is a shame as I expected something a bit better from such a new movie. If they can make "The Thing" from 1982 look as sharp as a button in hi-def - then there's no excuse for such a modern movie.
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 20 October 08 at 11:49, Edited on 20 October 08 at 11:49 by Crimson Drifter
DVD

Don't Mess With the Zohan

7 1/2

I didn't expect much from this movie going into it. Most of the funny parts were in the first half of the movie, and boy were they pretty damn funny, but after that first half there isn't much going on and a lot of the laughs are left behind. I lost a lot of interest at this point, but still managed to finish out the movie. I wouldn't watch it again, but the funny bits are worth that first viewing.

Rent this one, do not buy!
TrueAchievement
Posted on 20 October 08 at 12:39
NightStalker666 said:
Big **ts, Round %$#es - Volume 7

10/10

haha, jokes laugh
and a quick overview of the movie?

laugh
SkillfulMmd
SkillfulMmd
Posted on 20 October 08 at 13:22
ruins 8/10

very good movie fairly orginal as far as horor movies go, well worth checking out.
hankford
hankford
Posted on 21 October 08 at 16:33
Lucky Number Slevin

9/10

Great film even second time around
xGodDogx
xGodDogx
Posted on 21 October 08 at 19:32
13 ghosts.

um proabbly 6/10

thought it would be more scary but it wasen't so yeah. and the dvd kept freezing so i threw it out after words.
Abusivemango
Abusivemango
Posted on 21 October 08 at 19:52
As of today - Dark Knight- Easily the best film of 2008.

10/10.

However as of 20:00 BMT 21/10/08

It'll be High School Musical 3: 1hr 52 mins of friggin sugar coated torture..... bloody kids... lol

I'll let you know the rating/score..
porschephiliac
Posted on 21 October 08 at 22:23
The Descent (DVD)

7/10

Honestly, I felt that this flick could have been much better with a big budget cast and filming. The story is realistic and the sets are amazing. If they would have enlisted A list acting and doubled the budget, I think that it could have been a great horror flick.
Elite Hero
Elite Hero
Posted on 22 October 08 at 01:32, Edited on 22 October 08 at 01:36 by Elite Hero
Wanted DVD

7/10

Great action and special effects, Predictable story.

Mongol DVD

8/10

Great film, I thought it skipped through time missing out large chunks of the story, but with such an immense story it could of done with being a trilogy.
Kaner99999
Kaner99999
Posted on 23 October 08 at 11:24
Taken

8.5/10

Liam Neeson may be getting older but he can still cause some destruction! Its a great film, really enjoyable!!!
xGodDogx
xGodDogx
Posted on 23 October 08 at 19:22
Incredible Hulk (dvd)

9/10

Pretty good movie, ive always like the superhero shows/movies/cartoons. And seems to be well done.
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 26 October 08 at 17:55
DVD

The Love Guru

8/10

I thought this would be a stupid movie, but it was actually pretty funny! Some pretty original humor, definitely worth a see if you are into comedy or like Mike Myers
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.