Game Discussion: Heroes Over Europe

Heroes Over Europe

• RandomnuttaRandomnutta1,703,419
    Posted on 14 February 09 at 10:04
    Heroes Over Europe

Transmission Games
    Available on Xbox 360 – April 2009
    Developed in Australia

Surprisingly, there aren't many flying games in general for the next gen systems, and those that do exist are usually your modern day fighter jet simulation. So it’s nice to see this game set in World War 2, as it’s the sequel to the original Xbox game Heroes over the Pacific.

The battles take place during attacks on London, all the way to the destruction of Berlin. The main advantage of a flight combat game based in this time period is that aerial dog-fighting was a lot more close combat orientated back then. No computer guided missile systems, it's all about the machine guns baby.

The story promises to adhere to the time period while allowing a certain amount of camp humour from the time period, and show offer up something vastly different from anything else we’ve experienced on the Xbox 360 before.
    I Heart TA!
  • Posted on 14 February 09 at 14:06
    Looks really cool and sounds cool. I always mean to pick up the first one, but I could never find it. Definately be getting this one.
  • SkillfulMmdSkillfulMmd283,048
    Posted on 14 February 09 at 14:16
    I think ill play HAWX first if i can get along wiht that i think i will start buying more games like this.
    If one want's to truly pwn one must pwn at all games teh_masterer-Pure pwange
  • Posted on 01 March 09 at 05:16
    I think HAWX is going to be awesome. If it's as challenging as other TC games...I'm definately going to love it.
    "A wise man searches not for answers, but more questions."
  • SuraphSuraph226,196
    Posted on 02 March 09 at 20:36
    If this game supports the flight stick(s?) out for the 360, this will be a first day purchase for me. Otherwise I'll wait for a price drop, but either way I'm totally psyched for any good air combat game, arcade or sim :)
    Posted on 02 March 09 at 20:49
    there is fligth stick made just for hawx made by saitek check play.com.
  • SuraphSuraph226,196
    Posted on 02 March 09 at 21:00, Edited on 02 March 09 at 21:04 by Suraph
    I was actually thinking of the Ace Combat 6 stick (which I already have :D). The question though is about this game, and haven't heard anything about it supporting the sticks yet. Hopefully if it supports one it'll support all (like the AC6 joystick is supported by HAWX)
    Posted on 02 March 09 at 21:03
    The saitek one is very nice and there a good company.
  • SuraphSuraph226,196
    Posted on 02 March 09 at 21:10
    They are indeed, I own a throttle and joystick by them for my PC. But let's not hijack this thread any further and let it go back to being about what will hopefully be a very fun combat game.
    Posted on 02 March 09 at 21:14
    Ok back on topic any one know if you can buy the faceplate anywhere.
  • Posted on 02 March 09 at 22:56
    I didn't even know that there was one...huh, have to look into that.
    "A wise man searches not for answers, but more questions."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads