Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Details Select XBL Ports for Windows 8

• punkyliarpunkyliar191,402
  • izret102izret1021,318,614
    Posted on 03 September 12 at 01:34Permalink
    Really hoping Wordament doesn't have leaderboard achievements.
    I would never be able to finish it. I barely finished the WP version and i was on top of the leaderboards for days before the additional stipulations were made.
    www.rfgeneration.com
  • finallife6finallife6814,569
    Posted on 03 September 12 at 01:36Permalink
    Im glad to see they are porting some good games and they look awesome but hopefully pinball fx and wordament dont have any BS achievements (oh wait its bound to happen.)
  • Posted on 03 September 12 at 01:51Permalink
    Lol, those are the screenshots they chose? "Wanker"?
  • Posted on 03 September 12 at 02:28Permalink
    Looking forward to these! so excited about Windows 8 games. i can sit in uni on my dinner earning achievements on my laptop
    brilliant!
  • zyxomma100zyxomma100191,818
    Posted on 03 September 12 at 02:44Permalink
    Yeah, that's the first thing I saw. Wanker. Really?
  • Iam918Iam91882,197
    Posted on 03 September 12 at 02:57Permalink
    Ad's in a pc game is one way to ensure I'll never purchase / play it.
  • Posted on 03 September 12 at 02:58, Edited on 03 September 12 at 02:59 by Heroic BlanketPermalink
    zyxomma100 said:
    Yeah, that's the first thing I saw. Wanker. Really?
    Wanker is a legitimate word for a lot of those word based games.

Iam918 said:
    Ad's in a pc game is one way to ensure I'll never purchase / play it.
    There's ads in it because it's free.
  • Posted on 03 September 12 at 03:23Permalink
    "Wanker"

Is this an Australian bird or animal?
  • Brooklyn GinBrooklyn Gin369,106
    Posted on 03 September 12 at 03:43Permalink
    The wanker pics are pretty funny. I can see the pinball game being quite suitable for playing on windows phone. Wonder if it will include table shaking if you move the phone around. No rush to upgrade though, I will be quite happy to sit on 7.8 until prices come down.
  • TardiiTardii261,131
    Posted on 03 September 12 at 04:02, Edited on 03 September 12 at 04:08 by TardiiPermalink
    These games are available now, but they don't have achievements in them. What gives?

Also, where's Fruit Ninja? That's available too...
    http://xbldb.com
  • Posted on 03 September 12 at 04:16Permalink
    I hope Wordament is still free and has separate achievements.
    Mr. Panda
  • HoffmanHoffman145,314
    Posted on 03 September 12 at 04:36Permalink
    Wordament and Pinball FX2 are both on the marketplace currently (I'm using Win8 RTM preview) however I'm having issues downloading. Not sure if it's because of the virtual machine, or if it's because it's not fully released yet.
    I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight!
  • NickMon68NickMon68263,050
    Posted on 03 September 12 at 05:59Permalink
    I found the store/speed flakey on a virtual machine, on a real machine it is fine.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce763,394
    Posted on 03 September 12 at 06:16Permalink
    So, in short, you can get a game and write 'Wanker' in it...
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • HNorbertHNorbert429,868
    Posted on 03 September 12 at 06:21Permalink
    Right now, only Pinball FX2 and Wordament are available from this list. Wordament does not have achievements.

The free table in Pinball FX2 is Mars, and the rest of them can be bought for 3 pounds per table (these are Sorcerer's Lair, Epic Quest and the individual tables from the Avengers Chronicles pack). This game has a separate achievement list. Each table has 2 achievements. The game does not recognize if you own any tables from the XBLA version (I have the Avengers tables, but I can't play them in the Win8 version)

Apart from this, the only other win8 games with achievements are Minesweeper, Solitaire and Mahjong. There are more games available in the Store (155 games at the moment), including Fruit Ninja and Cut the Rope, but they are not Live enabled, yet.. :)
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS556,442
    Posted on 03 September 12 at 06:51, Edited on 03 September 12 at 06:54 by StarshadeFPSPermalink
    Looking forward to Hydro Thunder Hurricane. BTW: Pinball FX2 has Mars Table and 6 others you can then buy: Sorcerer's Lair, Epic Quest, Marvel: Fear It self, Avengers, Hulk & The Infinity Gauntlet. For 2.99nok each or 0.5usd (if you already own tables on Xbox). I hope they add the achievements.

121 games in the store (seems to be different for everyone).
    ----''' Caught in the grip of the city, madness '''----
  • punkyliarpunkyliar191,402
    Posted on 03 September 12 at 07:21Permalink
    Tardii said:
    These games are available now, but they don't have achievements in them. What gives?

Also, where's Fruit Ninja? That's available too...
    They'll be trial versions. As for Fruit Ninja, they didn't release any more info or screens for it -- I covered all of the games for which Microsoft released info.
  • Posted on 03 September 12 at 09:08Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:
    So, in short, you can get a game and write 'Wanker' in it...
    In short you can get a game about forming words from the dictionary from interconnecting tiles containing letters on them. Wanker happens to be a word in dictionaries.
  • Posted on 03 September 12 at 10:49Permalink
    That version of wordament looks slick :)
    @ei8htyei8ht http://ei8htyei8ht.com
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.